Arshad Warsi upsets a few journalists with his sense of humour

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Arshad Warsi upsets a few journalists with his sense of humour

April 13, 2015 tarushi.c

The Welcome to Karachi' trailer launch became yet another mini arena of upset media persons versus a moody star ( the last one being Vikram Motwane's rudeness versus the media at a Huntersss event).

At the launch held today in Mumbai, Arshad Warsi was in a mood to have some fun. Though Arshad had a sore throat, it didn't stop him from cracking a few jokes. But, a few journalists attending the launch did not appreciate his sense of humour and found his remarks somewhat offensive.

It all began when Arshad clarified the air on him being upset with a song's reshoot for the film as reported by a Mumbai tabloid. He said, "I have never said that Irrfan was a better choice for this film, I had said that Irrfan is a special actor. Also, I never said Lauren Gottlieb isn't the heroine of the film, but I was misquoted by them and I have to clarify this."

Arshad's jokes began when his co actor Jackky Bhagnani was asked Irrfan Khan being replaced by Warsi. While posing his question the journalist mispronounced film' as film'. That's when Arshad asked him, "flim? ye kya hota hai?" (In English: What on earth is film'?)

The journalist explained his mispronouncement with this response: "I have a lot of ulcers in my mouth. Like, you have a sore throat, I have a lot of ulcers." But, Arshad jokingly said, "Mera toh gala kharab hai, tumhara toh dimag hi kharab hai." (In English: I just have a sore throat but you seem to have an issue with your brain). This remark upset the journalist.

After a string of questions Arshad further joked, "Someone please ask a sensible question, there are so many people. One sensible question please."

A reporter also asked Jackky about a controversial line 'what the f**k' being part of the film and if it would affect the film certification. Jaccky clarified, "It's it-da-fack and ut-da-fack, what's wrong in that." But, Arshad again butted in and said, "Did you enjoy it, if yes then keep quiet and enjoy it."

The journalists were upset by his replies. Arshad tweeted later on that he was just kidding and if the journalists were upset with his sense of humour, then he will keep it within him and his friends.

CREDITS: PINKVILLA
Edited by touch_of_pink - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

998331 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
What's wrong with him? 🤔