Mora Piya(GEO TV)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Review

After the grand success of Humsafar, we are going to see a lot of young romantic stories, and GEO already has what it calls its own version of Humsafar in Mora Piya. This Filmwala Production that is directed by Anjum Shahzad is our drama of the week.
It tells the tale of Faisal ( Adeel Hussain) and Ujala(Amina Sheikh). The couple is madly in love, and after initial disapproval by the girl's father, they finally get married, but a twist awaits them as Ujala gets raped by a goon, which Faysal is very vocal against. The story then shifts to the turmoil faced by the couple as Ujala turns pregnant.
Besides an ensemble fresh cast, the serial follows the clichd traditions of love stories. There's romance, there's apt dose of emotions, there's drama, and great music (OST). But what it does not have is a compelling screenplay.
The serial rests on a very thin story. Except for one twist [the rape], there is nothing much happening. The serial takes a good start with characters opening in the very first episode itself, and you definitely look forward to the upcoming episodes, but then it just disappoints and HOW!
The story goes the predictable way. Ujala becoming pregnant, the outburst, and the hatred were all predictable to say the least. The screenplay is bland. There is no meat in the story and it look stretched with nothing much happening and the story stagnates. The revenge takes forever to come. WHY oh WHY?
Director Anjum Shahzad got some appreciation for his earlier work, but here he fails to impress me. He first of all chooses a very weak script [Mohsin Ali] to direct. The story is more suited for a telefilm or shortplay. The writer should've had incorporated some more twists in the tail to keep the viewers glued. The dialogues are nice, but not the kind you would remember for a long time.
The cinematography is interesting, and I was glad to see the beauty of Pakistan[Murree] covered in a Pakistani serial. Our country is beautiful and we need to show it in our dramas. The editing is okay. The OST is beautifully and has been sung really well. The background music is likeable
Now comes acting. Adeel Hussain is here in a leading role and the man springs a surprise. He is improving and a sincere effort shows. He is not a perfect actor and has some flaws, but this is exactly what I like. Great call to cast the actor. He fits the role.Aminah Sheikh is finally there in a different role. Yes, she does shed bucket of tears but doesn't play second fiddle or bechari bahu/behna for once. The actress looks ravishing and does a sincere job. This isn't one of her best performance but is likeable. I must also mention that the two make a likeable couple. There is an ample dose of romance [ some not-so-required scenes too. Is someone going to account for the water wasted on those rain scenes? ]. I have seen fans complaining about the couple, as it reminds them of Daam, but in my opinion they look good together and have good chemistry onscreen.
From the supporting cast: Firdous Jamal is okay. Manzoor Qureshi is likeable. Parveen Malik and Sania Sadiq are effective. This one has a decent supporting cast, which is a good thing.
Over all, this is a serial which has everything right, but the story. The story in my opinion just wasn't for a serial. After few episodes you notice that nothing is happening, and nothing is going to happen and lose interest. Sorry!

Rating :

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/mora-piya/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
started watching it but i feel it wasnt gripping enough.. and overdose of Aminah Sheikh was also the reason of skipping this one
Taify thumbnail
usman, I mostly feel u r the reviewer. LOL.
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

usman, I mostly feel u r the reviewer. LOL.

😆😆 you might be right 😉😆

jokes apart.. when are you going to post the review of ek nazar meri taraf..
Taify thumbnail
not gonna review that one :p
i did watch it and i had a problem with promotion it as a BEWAH KI KAHANI, but focusing more on Mahnoor's angle. =S
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Haha I stopped watching it! I dont think Adeel Hussain can act.. plus Aamina is way better as Aimen in Maat!!
Taify thumbnail
Adeel has bad xpressions =( and Aaaminaa is wooow of an actor
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mora Piya has been pretty slow these past weeks.

I really like Adeel. I think he's a good actor..the one thing that he needs to work on is his crying..I feel that's where he goes flat..otherwise, he's pretty good..but there's always room for improvement for a newcomer. He's fairly new, I'm sure with a little more time he'll only get better.

Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
the drama is getting boring now, but i still watch it :P
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

not gonna review that one :p
i did watch it and i had a problem with promotion it as a BEWAH KI KAHANI, but focusing more on Mahnoor's angle. =S

the focus is back on BEWAH KI KAHANI now 😆