Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

themasked thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

Chapter 35-Jaspal 

The lohri celebrations were going on in full swing.He knew he ought to join his parents as they started their parikrama,tossing puffed rice into the fire.Someone cleared their throat behind him.He whipped around to find Amrit Babbar studying him.It seemed good looks ran in the family.Amrit Babbar had always been known for his looks and tonight was no exception.He looked stunning in an ensemble of red and yellow which made him glow.

But not the way she does,a treacherous voice whispered in his mind.

"Jaspal ji "

He nodded his head in acknowledgement.

Jaspal finally understood why men and women fell for him.He oozed charm ,cloaked behind a veneer of melancholy which everyone wished to decode.No matter how well one knew them, they'd be an island of their own,closed off from the rest of the world,occupying an entirely different plane if existence . They'd be the ones their lovers would admire and love from a distance.His Inder veerji was one such person.

In another life he might have fallen for Amrit Babbar but in this one,his heart had been ensnared.

He had a flash of a pair of eyes which had pulled him into a deep well of complex emotions and feelings which left him jittery and strangely happy,eyes emanating desperation as they saw him drowning in the sarowar,the eyes which had the stars reflected in them and the eyes which flickered in uncertainty before meeting his whenever they made contact.He could never forget the eyes which told him everything no matter how desperately their owner tried to mask her feelings.

The noise at the bonfire caught their attention. Daarji had been roped into dancing with Bebe while his sisters cheered them on.He allowed himself a slight smile, dearly missing his Inder veerji.It wasn't long before Parjaai and the boys joined in.He suddenly found herself looking for her ;she was humming and tapping her foot to the beat,eyes scrunched in concentration as she attempted to memorize the steps.

For the first time that night,he allowed himself to take in her appearance entirely.She was clad in red upon his Daarji's request,but it was the deepest shade of maroon decorated with mirrors.She finally joined the dance and spun.As she did the light from the fire reflected off the mirrors encased her in a golden light;she burned like the sun itself.

"Are you done staring at my sister?"

Jaspal had forgotten about Amrit and he turned red in mortification.The other man just laughed.

"Mummy and I are shifting to Kolkata after the wedding and Pammi to Amritsar.You had better take care of Gurleen.Honestly, I can think of a dozen better candidates but for some absurd reason she's fixated on you."

"I feel flattered.",Jaspal remarked dryly.

Amrit sighed before looking out at the celebrations.

"I haven't been a good brother or a good partner,both to Vikrant and Pammi."

They were inching into personal territory; apparently even his in laws had picked upon his natural talents for untangling their emotional messes much to his chagrin.He wasn't their counsellor and surely, couldn't they afford a therapist?

The fact that a near stranger was feeling comfortable enough to divulge scandalous secrets unnerved him while the only person whom he wanted to help had pushed him away and was currently dancing with Bebe and Prabhjyot as if she hadn't been crying her eyes out a few hours earlier.His concern for her grew.

Meanwhile his companion continued,

"I've wasted my life away.I can no longer afford to drag my family down."

Jaspal saw her trip and fall.He winced in sympathy.He had to get to her immediately.He hoped she hadn't stepped on the embers and burnt her foot.Glancing back,he saw Amrit looking back with an amused expression.

Go,he mouthed.

"And fix that pagg of yours ." He yelled after him as Jaspal tore off to the crowd surrounding her.

A very concerned looking bebe was gently examining her foot.

"Bebe,please don't worry . I'll take her to my room.I think she needs some peace and quiet.It won't do to crowd her."

His daarji nodded in agreement.

He bent down and whispered,

"Do you think you can stand?"

While she nodded she couldn't hide the wince of pain as she moved her ankle.Shaking his head,he picked her up.She let out a little yelp.He was acutely aware of everyone staring at them, something which he chose to ignore.He made his way to the house,her Parjaai and veerji,who had followed them,in tow.

The four of them ended up in Jaspal's room.He gently laid her down on his bed and summoned a doctor.He sat down beside her and took her hand in his.She stiffened and tried pulling it out.He let go reluctantly. Meanwhile Parminder had settled herself on the chaise while Amrit inspected the room.Jaspal was too tired to protest.

Soon,the doctor arrived with Bebe and Poonam ji.

"I'm afraid it's a clean break."the doctor sighed.

"I'll patch it up for now but she'll need to come to the hospital tomorrow for an x ray.We might have to put a cast on it."

With that he left.

Meanwhile,Gurleen had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He tried to lift her head but she stirred,so he desisted.

Bebe took one look at her and turned to her mother.

"Poonam ji,she looks really exhausted.Perhaps it's better she spends the night here .Parminder can accompany her.And Jaspal will be the perfect gentleman, won't you Jaspal?"

He ignored her and closed his eyes,leaning against the headboard,with her head still on his shoulder. He dreaded Gurleen's reaction in the morning but was too exhausted to care.The mess could wait,he decided.It was time to sleep.

Edited by themasked - 15 days ago
Amanita09 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

Omg why am I blushing ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

themasked thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Chapter 36-Gurleen

She woke up with a jolt in the middle of the night,her heart beating wildly.It took her a while to recognise the room.She tried to move but found herself cocooned in someone's arms.She sighed.He probably didn't mean any harm but he had to stop being so free with her.Even if they were engaged,they hadn't really discussed anything about pursuing a real relationship. And with what happened before the bonfire she wasn't sure if she wanted to get romantically entangled with him.

A wave of sadness washed over her as she reflected on their scenario.She sorely regretted her actions.She wished she hadn't recklessly plunged into this plan to take revenge on Daarji and her mother.She should've agreed to walk out of the business when her veerji had suggested.Unfortunately, all her bridges had been burnt.She had no choice but to go through with this marriage.Sleep evaded her as she dwelt on her thoughts.Desiring to get some fresh air,she gently untangled herself and winced as she used her injured foot to support her wait.Casting a glance her Parjaai and veerji who had passed out on the chaise she snuck out of the room,limping gingerly.

It wasn't long before she was hopelessly lost.She soon found herself near the pool.Hobbling over,she sat at the edge of the pool,her uninjured foot dangling in the water.It was freezing yet she paid no heed as the turmoil in her heart overwhelmed her.She couldn't for the life of her decipher what Jaspal ji wanted.He claimed to not trust her yet wished her to take him in confidence.

"Idiot",she huffed, thoroughly frustrated.

Footsteps behind her shook her out of her reverie .To her surprise,it was Inder Veerji,drunk as usual,alcohol slushing in his glass.He sauntered in and plopped down beside Before long ,he was joined by Manveer di who settled down on her other side.To Gurleen's horror,she was drunk as well.If either of them fell into the pool,she was in absolutely no condition to help them.

She frantically looked around,hoping for help only to be met with silence.

"Inder veerji, it's really cold .Could we head back inside?"

"No.I like it here.The old man cannot get at me.Ha! In your face Akaal Singh Brar!"

Gurleen groaned,head in her hands.He was behaving like a petulant child.

"Manveer di ..."

"I'm not di.I'm your parjaai.You're marrying Jaspal aren't you? Where are your manners girl?Amrit would be so ashamed of you."

She then burst into tears at the mention of Amrit's name.Gurleen awkwardly patted her back. Meanwhile,Manveer had managed to pull herself together 

"Jaspal is no doubt a good person,but he's a Brar.Never trust a Brar man."her speech started to slur .

"I don't know what to make of you.You have everything I wanted.Your brother still loves you even though you destroyed his life.You'll be chairperson of the Babbar-Brar empire.Daarji loves you though he barely knows you.Jaspal of all people is marrying you and unlike his brother he's smitten with his bride to be."

"You must be mistaken Parjaai,Jaspal ji isn't fond of me.He just respects me a lot."

"Respect, my foot,"Manveer muttered.

Gurleen desperately looked around,hoping for a miracle.

"Gurleen...."

She turned in relief,her miracle was here.

"Gurleen ,are you mad?Do you know how worried I was about you?I got up in the middle of the night only to find you gone."

She watched him pace frantically,running his hand over the cloth covering his hair.The urge to straighten the ruffled cloth grew stronger;his hair was starting to peek out beneath the edges.

He continued, oblivious to her obvious distraction.

"Your foot is injured.You really need to rest as much as you can.I will never be able to forgive myself if something happened to you ."

Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes widened.

He quickly amended his statement,much to her confusion.

"You've become a really good friend,one of the best people I know."

"This is news to me",she remarked dryly.

"The last time we talked,you left me alone in the gazebo."

"You were the one who pushed me away,"he retorted.

She started to feel angry.

"What did you expect me to do?We were hugging ,what if someone had seen us?"

"We're fiancees for god's sake.Are you ashamed to be seen with me in public?"

"Of course I'm not.I was startled.I wanted to apologise but you started that stupid monologue of yours before I could say anything."

He blinked at her.

"You wanted to apologise."

"Yes",she gave him the strongest glare she could muster.

"In that case,I apologise for not listening to you.I shouldn't have assumed the worst."

He deflated and sat beside her.They were still by the pool.Inder and Manveer were currently talking ,heads bent, surprisingly civil for once.

"Jaspal ji,your hair is askew."she nervously pointed out .

"Thank you,"I'll fix it once we get back inside.

They sat in silence.

"Gurleen...."

"Hmm"

"I really think we should try being friends.We might be able to understand each other better.Please free to unburden yourself to me."

She sighed.

"Jaspal ji,I understand your concern and I appreciate it.But a relationship is a two way process.How can I talk to you freely when you don't do the same with me?We must be on an equal footing if we're to move forward."

He bowed his head in resignation.

She looked at him with pity.

"You are still unable to trust me.I don't deny the fact that your reservations are perfectly valid.So I think it's better we remain acquaintances.It's best for both of us.We don't have to bother each other with our troubles."

While her heart hurt at such a declaration,she knew it was for the best.

Amanita09 thumbnail

i like your manveer in a way she's better than the one in the show by far

Simiyy thumbnail

Can't wait for the next part

fantasy1000a thumbnail

Originally posted by: themasked

Chapter 36-Gurleen

She woke up with a jolt in the middle of the night,her heart beating wildly.It took her a while to recognise the room.She tried to move but found herself cocooned in someone's arms.She sighed.He probably didn't mean any harm but he had to stop being so free with her.Even if they were engaged,they hadn't really discussed anything about pursuing a real relationship. And with what happened before the bonfire she wasn't sure if she wanted to get romantically entangled with him.

A wave of sadness washed over her as she reflected on their scenario.She sorely regretted her actions.She wished she hadn't recklessly plunged into this plan to take revenge on Daarji and her mother.She should've agreed to walk out of the business when her veerji had suggested.Unfortunately, all her bridges had been burnt.She had no choice but to go through with this marriage.Sleep evaded her as she dwelt on her thoughts.Desiring to get some fresh air,she gently untangled herself and winced as she used her injured foot to support her wait.Casting a glance her Parjaai and veerji who had passed out on the chaise she snuck out of the room,limping gingerly.

It wasn't long before she was hopelessly lost.She soon found herself near the pool.Hobbling over,she sat at the edge of the pool,her uninjured foot dangling in the water.It was freezing yet she paid no heed as the turmoil in her heart overwhelmed her.She couldn't for the life of her decipher what Jaspal ji wanted.He claimed to not trust her yet wished her to take him in confidence.

"Idiot",she huffed, thoroughly frustrated.

Footsteps behind her shook her out of her reverie .To her surprise,it was Inder Veerji,drunk as usual,alcohol slushing in his glass.He sauntered in and plopped down beside Before long ,he was joined by Manveer di who settled down on her other side.To Gurleen's horror,she was drunk as well.If either of them fell into the pool,she was in absolutely no condition to help them.

She frantically looked around,hoping for help only to be met with silence.

"Inder veerji, it's really cold .Could we head back inside?"

"No.I like it here.The old man cannot get at me.Ha! In your face Akaal Singh Brar!"

Gurleen groaned,head in her hands.He was behaving like a petulant child.

"Manveer di ..."

"I'm not di.I'm your parjaai.You're marrying Jaspal aren't you? Where are your manners girl?Amrit would be so ashamed of you."

She then burst into tears at the mention of Amrit's name.Gurleen awkwardly patted her back. Meanwhile,Manveer had managed to pull herself together 

"Jaspal is no doubt a good person,but he's a Brar.Never trust a Brar man."her speech started to slur .

"I don't know what to make of you.You have everything I wanted.Your brother still loves you even though you destroyed his life.You'll be chairperson of the Babbar-Brar empire.Daarji loves you though he barely knows you.Jaspal of all people is marrying you and unlike his brother he's smitten with his bride to be."

"You must be mistaken Parjaai,Jaspal ji isn't fond of me.He just respects me a lot."

"Respect, my foot,"Manveer muttered.

Gurleen desperately looked around,hoping for a miracle.

"Gurleen...."

She turned in relief,her miracle was here.

"Gurleen ,are you mad?Do you know how worried I was about you?I got up in the middle of the night only to find you gone."

She watched him pace frantically,running his hand over the cloth covering his hair.The urge to straighten the ruffled cloth grew stronger;his hair was starting to peek out beneath the edges.

He continued, oblivious to her obvious distraction.

"Your foot is injured.You really need to rest as much as you can.I will never be able to forgive myself if something happened to you ."

Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes widened.

He quickly amended his statement,much to her confusion.

"You've become a really good friend,one of the best people I know."

"This is news to me",she remarked dryly.

"The last time we talked,you left me alone in the gazebo."

"You were the one who pushed me away,"he retorted.

She started to feel angry.

"What did you expect me to do?We were hugging ,what if someone had seen us?"

"We're fiancees for god's sake.Are you ashamed to be seen with me in public?"

"Of course I'm not.I was startled.I wanted to apologise but you started that stupid monologue of yours before I could say anything."

He blinked at her.

"You wanted to apologise."

"Yes",she gave him the strongest glare she could muster.

"In that case,I apologise for not listening to you.I shouldn't have assumed the worst."

He deflated and sat beside her.They were still by the pool.Inder and Manveer were currently talking ,heads bent, surprisingly civil for once.

"Jaspal ji,your hair is askew."she nervously pointed out .

"Thank you,"I'll fix it once we get back inside.

They sat in silence.

"Gurleen...."

"Hmm"

"I really think we should try being friends.We might be able to understand each other better.Please free to unburden yourself to me."

She sighed.

"Jaspal ji,I understand your concern and I appreciate it.But a relationship is a two way process.How can I talk to you freely when you don't do the same with me?We must be on an equal footing if we're to move forward."

He bowed his head in resignation.

She looked at him with pity.

"You are still unable to trust me.I don't deny the fact that your reservations are perfectly valid.So I think it's better we remain acquaintances.It's best for both of us.We don't have to bother each other with our troubles."

While her heart hurt at such a declaration,she knew it was for the best.

I have imagined Gurleen calling Jaspal an idiot ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Manveer is soo much tolerable in fictions.

And never trust a Brar ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ SO Damn TRUE .

Jaspal should really open up ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Inder being drunk. ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž

I really felt Inder had the best character development in the show. ๐Ÿฅนโค๏ธ

It felt real. 

Waiting for next chapter ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

themasked thumbnail

Originally posted by: fantasy1000a

I have imagined Gurleen calling Jaspal an idiot ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Manveer is soo much tolerable in fictions.

And never trust a Brar ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ SO Damn TRUE .

Jaspal should really open up ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Inder being drunk. ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž

I really felt Inder had the best character development in the show. ๐Ÿฅนโค๏ธ

It felt real. 

Waiting for next chapter ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

Manveer is tolerable for now as Angad is a child.She'll definitely turn grey in the future.

themasked thumbnail
Posted: 7 days ago

Chapter 37-Jaspal

Getting his veerji and parjaai back to bed was a garangatuan task of its own.No matter how much she pleaded,he couldn't let Gurleen help.He was concerned about her foot. Thankfully,Sukhdeep agreed to help them and between the two of them,they managed to sort out everything before the household rose. Jaspal was exhausted by the time he had managed to cajole his brother into bed.

He made his way back to the pool where Gurleen waited for him.She insisted on hobbling back to the house ,refusing to let him carry her,and insisted on sleeping in the guest bedroom.They walked back in silence,the tension between them thick enough to cut through.He deserved her anger,that much he was aware but he couldn't bring himself to apologise.He had his own priorities and she hers.There was no way he could sacrifice his principles for his own happiness,emotions be damned.

The least he could do for her was being a good friend and if she turned down that offer,well it was her loss.Her happiness did not make much of a difference to him,he reasoned with himself despite the pit of despair threatening to swallow him whole.He watched her enter the room and lock herself in.Making his way to the south wing terrace which no one used,he reflected upon himself and his actions.

The results were rather discouraging.He hadn't been a good person,blindly following his daarji.Perhaps it was a blessing she despised him;a divorce would save her the heartbreak and a prenup would ensure the security of their respective fortunes.Renembering his askew hair,he sat down with his back to the cold railing,trying to fix his hair. His fingers trembled too much, effectively tangling up his hair further.

The frustration along with the inherent loneliness finally got to him ;he sat still , trying to cry,but the tears refused to come.His body shook and eyes burned,yet he found himself with his eyes dry.Suddenly he felt a warm hand gently patting his back in a soothing rhythm before two arms went around him.

Without any hesitation,he threw himself at her,clinging to her desperately ,as if she were the only buoy in a stormy sea.To her credit,she didn't flinch this time and stayed calm;she only held him tighter as he sobbed harder and attempted to muffle the sounds.She finally let go when he had calmed down sufficiently and sat down beside him,close enough for their legs to touch.

"You shouldn't have come.Your foot......"

"My foot is my business,"she replied curtly.

"We are not close enough to discuss my health beyond the bounds of basic human decency."

He bristled.

"We're getting married."

"So what, it's all in name's sake."

He was stumped.She had trapped him with his own words.

"Gurleen, I'm sorry.I really am, I know this whole thing has been unfair to you from the beginning but please do take care of yourself.You don't have to tell me anything at all but please don't hesitate to ask for help when you're in trouble.I'll rest better knowing that."

She just turned away and his heart sank.It was clear that she didn't trust him.A simple apology wouldn't suffice.He had to earn her trust.And the first step was letting her in,allowing her to take her time to explore.But what if it was a bad idea?What if she decided to use him to get to Daarji?He hadn't exactly endeared himself to her.One mistake on his part could spell disaster for the company.

"Jaspal ji, there's something I need to tell you.I'm leaving for London with Amrit Veerji."

He whipped his head around, flabbergasted.

"What do you mean? You'll officially be chairperson next week.You can't just go off to London like that.We have our work cut out for us.We still stuck in the merger,there are negotiations pending and what not."

"Is that the only reason why you want me to stay?",she asked,searching his face.

"Yes,"he replied,a lump in his throat.

"Daarji worked hard to build this company.I can't let anyone or anything sabotage this."

She merely raised an eyebrow.

"So you're implying that I'm being irresponsible and reckless,and basically unfit for this position.Are you suggesting my replacement?"

He had to explain this tactfully lest he invited her wrath.

"Gurleen,by marrying me you're entering a pit of vipers.You cannot trust anyone in this household.I know that everyone likes you for now,but remember, it's only because you have Daarji's stamp of approval .The moment he decides to discard you,they won't hesitate to tear you down.Just don't trust anyone and avoid getting involved in anything.

Daarji has a huge ego.He will never forgiving you for acquiring Brar jewellers."

"We're in a truce at the moment.He will allow me to run the company in peace as long as I don't interfere in his business."she muttered,to his shock.

His daarji clearly respected Gurleen to have backed down.

"You are truly wonderful.",to his horror he had uttered the words aloud.She was watching him carefully.He continued,"But I still need you to be careful around him,for your own sake ."

She took a deep breath.

"Jaspal ji,you need not worry about the trip to London.Daarji and I have completed all the negotiations.He will probably brief you soon.And I'll be leaving after the ceremony."

He felt a pang.She hadn't mentioned the negotiations to him at all.

"When will you return?"

"A month before the wedding.It's actually a new project I'm working on.I need to supervise it personally until the ground work is laid."

"Oh".

Five months without her......it seemed too painful to comprehend.Without realising it,he had grown rather found of her.But he had no right to stop her.

"Your hair is all tangled up.Would you mind if I fixed it?"

"Not at all",he heard himself reply as if from a distant planet.

She crouched in front of him;he felt her fingers combing through his hair untangling the strands before tying it and fixing it with his comb.He found himself observing every movement of hers,her eyes narrowed in concentration as she tackled a particularly stubborn knot.Her lips were cracked he noticed absent mindedly.

She had finished tying the cloth and made to move away.He caught her wrist and pulled her closer.

Amanita09 thumbnail

Omg i hope jaspal finds a way to convince her not to go

fantasy1000a thumbnail

Originally posted by: themasked

Chapter 37-Jaspal

Getting his veerji and parjaai back to bed was a garangatuan task of its own.No matter how much she pleaded,he couldn't let Gurleen help.He was concerned about her foot. Thankfully,Sukhdeep agreed to help them and between the two of them,they managed to sort out everything before the household rose. Jaspal was exhausted by the time he had managed to cajole his brother into bed.

He made his way back to the pool where Gurleen waited for him.She insisted on hobbling back to the house ,refusing to let him carry her,and insisted on sleeping in the guest bedroom.They walked back in silence,the tension between them thick enough to cut through.He deserved her anger,that much he was aware but he couldn't bring himself to apologise.He had his own priorities and she hers.There was no way he could sacrifice his principles for his own happiness,emotions be damned.

The least he could do for her was being a good friend and if she turned down that offer,well it was her loss.Her happiness did not make much of a difference to him,he reasoned with himself despite the pit of despair threatening to swallow him whole.He watched her enter the room and lock herself in.Making his way to the south wing terrace which no one used,he reflected upon himself and his actions.

The results were rather discouraging.He hadn't been a good person,blindly following his daarji.Perhaps it was a blessing she despised him;a divorce would save her the heartbreak and a prenup would ensure the security of their respective fortunes.Renembering his askew hair,he sat down with his back to the cold railing,trying to fix his hair. His fingers trembled too much, effectively tangling up his hair further.

The frustration along with the inherent loneliness finally got to him ;he sat still , trying to cry,but the tears refused to come.His body shook and eyes burned,yet he found himself with his eyes dry.Suddenly he felt a warm hand gently patting his back in a soothing rhythm before two arms went around him.

Without any hesitation,he threw himself at her,clinging to her desperately ,as if she were the only buoy in a stormy sea.To her credit,she didn't flinch this time and stayed calm;she only held him tighter as he sobbed harder and attempted to muffle the sounds.She finally let go when he had calmed down sufficiently and sat down beside him,close enough for their legs to touch.

"You shouldn't have come.Your foot......"

"My foot is my business,"she replied curtly.

"We are not close enough to discuss my health beyond the bounds of basic human decency."

He bristled.

"We're getting married."

"So what, it's all in name's sake."

He was stumped.She had trapped him with his own words.

"Gurleen, I'm sorry.I really am, I know this whole thing has been unfair to you from the beginning but please do take care of yourself.You don't have to tell me anything at all but please don't hesitate to ask for help when you're in trouble.I'll rest better knowing that."

She just turned away and his heart sank.It was clear that she didn't trust him.A simple apology wouldn't suffice.He had to earn her trust.And the first step was letting her in,allowing her to take her time to explore.But what if it was a bad idea?What if she decided to use him to get to Daarji?He hadn't exactly endeared himself to her.One mistake on his part could spell disaster for the company.

"Jaspal ji, there's something I need to tell you.I'm leaving for London with Amrit Veerji."

He whipped his head around, flabbergasted.

"What do you mean? You'll officially be chairperson next week.You can't just go off to London like that.We have our work cut out for us.We still stuck in the merger,there are negotiations pending and what not."

"Is that the only reason why you want me to stay?",she asked,searching his face.

"Yes,"he replied,a lump in his throat.

"Daarji worked hard to build this company.I can't let anyone or anything sabotage this."

She merely raised an eyebrow.

"So you're implying that I'm being irresponsible and reckless,and basically unfit for this position.Are you suggesting my replacement?"

He had to explain this tactfully lest he invited her wrath.

"Gurleen,by marrying me you're entering a pit of vipers.You cannot trust anyone in this household.I know that everyone likes you for now,but remember, it's only because you have Daarji's stamp of approval .The moment he decides to discard you,they won't hesitate to tear you down.Just don't trust anyone and avoid getting involved in anything.

Daarji has a huge ego.He will never forgiving you for acquiring Brar jewellers."

"We're in a truce at the moment.He will allow me to run the company in peace as long as I don't interfere in his business."she muttered,to his shock.

His daarji clearly respected Gurleen to have backed down.

"You are truly wonderful.",to his horror he had uttered the words aloud.She was watching him carefully.He continued,"But I still need you to be careful around him,for your own sake ."

She took a deep breath.

"Jaspal ji,you need not worry about the trip to London.Daarji and I have completed all the negotiations.He will probably brief you soon.And I'll be leaving after the ceremony."

He felt a pang.She hadn't mentioned the negotiations to him at all.

"When will you return?"

"A month before the wedding.It's actually a new project I'm working on.I need to supervise it personally until the ground work is laid."

"Oh".

Five months without her......it seemed too painful to comprehend.Without realising it,he had grown rather found of her.But he had no right to stop her.

"Your hair is all tangled up.Would you mind if I fixed it?"

"Not at all",he heard himself reply as if from a distant planet.

She crouched in front of him;he felt her fingers combing through his hair untangling the strands before tying it and fixing it with his comb.He found himself observing every movement of hers,her eyes narrowed in concentration as she tackled a particularly stubborn knot.Her lips were cracked he noticed absent mindedly.

She had finished tying the cloth and made to move away.He caught her wrist and pulled her closer.

The last part smiley39๐Ÿฅน

They both are soooo cute.