In search of the diamond -Fanfic-Updated-Chapter 43- page 16

themasked thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Hello everyone.I hope everyone is doing well.I have been a silent reader on this forum for quite a while when I came across this show unexpectedly.I don't follow it religiously and usually just rely on clips.The premise is however interesting and the supporting characters highly fascinating.I was wondering if I could post a fanfic based on this.This is my first time posting something,so apologies if I have flouted any rules.

Thank you

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reader17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hey please do write, we would love to read….

Aleyamma47 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: themasked

Hello everyone.I hope everyone is doing well.I have been a silent reader on this forum for quite a while when I came across this show unexpectedly.I don't follow it religiously and usually just rely on clips.The premise is however interesting and the supporting characters highly fascinating.I was wondering if I could post a fanfic based on this.This is my first time posting something,so apologies if I have flouted any rules.

Thank you

You want to write on which couple of TMD?

There are so many couples in the show with their own different dynamics.

Recently, one of the writers experimented on Prabyot and Hansraj's relationship.

So which couple of TMD would you like to explore?

themasked thumbnail

Hi.I want to focus on the brar family as a whole,their dynamics and why they turned out to be the way they are.As far as my main couple is concerned,my interest lies in exploring Jaspal and Gurleen,two underutilized characters.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Originally posted by: themasked

Hi.I want to focus on the brar family as a whole,their dynamics and why they turned out to be the way they are.As far as my main couple is concerned,my interest lies in exploring Jaspal and Gurleen,two underutilized characters.

That is an amazing idea!!🤩🤩smiley32

themasked thumbnail

Prologue -1965

Thunder boomed across the sky while the rain poured down in torrents.Akaal Singh Brar stood at the threshold of his house, numb to the cold,his heart clenching with every scream of his wife as she writhed in pain upon the birthing bed.Two midwives were there to assist her,yet she screamed for him.He knew she badly wanted him there to hold her hand and support her,but propriety dictated that the birthing chamber was solely the woman's abode.No man was allowed to set even a single foot inside.

"Jabjyot,please forgive me."he muttered.

As long as they lived in society they had to follow the rules set up for them.If he wished to make something of himself in this world ,he had to play by their rules.When on the bottom rung,even the tiniest and most harmless of rules mattered.If he were to run inside,the flustered midwives might become remiss in their duties,neglecting his beloved wife.

To bend the world to his whims,he would have to be right at the top of the social hierarchy.

They had lived through the partition,countless famines and riots.Their meeting itself was nothing short of a miracle.She had fled from Lahore and him from Amritsar as children . Both of their families had lost their ancestral wealth to the partition and had to settle for less than what they had been used to.

When he had been born,a seer had prophesied a life filled with pain and sorrow.He would be both a prince and pauper,rising right to the top and falling equally hard.And the partition had seemed to prove his words true.

Former friends, acquaintances and relatives had turned their backs on his family and financial ruin finally lead to his father committing suicide.His mother too had decided to follow him,leaving behind a nine year old Akaal to fend for himself.Luckily,a goldsmith had pitied him and taken him in,teaching him his craft.With the humiliation and loss seared into his mind,Akaal had been determined to rise to the top and battle his preordained destiny.

He had vowed to make everyone bow in front of him and pay for the sorrow he had endured.He would be the king of the world,he had decided.

And thus had begun years of grit and hardwork as he had striven for perfection and meticulously planned his future.He had mastered his craft and amassed a small fortune.The goldsmith,pleased with him,had bequeathed him his shop upon his death.

Everything had seemed fine,until the accident.All he remembered was pain and a lengthy stay at the hospital.His savings had been spent and to rub salt into his wounds,he had lost function of one leg.He would need a walking stick for the rest of his life.More than the physical pain,it had been the wounds to his pride which had stung the most.

Yet,the heavens had seemed to be smiling upon him,when they had sent him Jabjyot as his guardian angel.Desperate for money and starving ,she had attempted to burgle his shop only to get caught red handed.What followed had been a long war of words,tears and cajoling before Akaal had found himself with a new assistant who would work for him in exchange for food.

It had only been a matter of time before they had fallen in love but there had been opposition from her family .He had and still loved her,but he knew what he'd choose between his dreams and love.However,fate had been kind to him when she'd showed up at his doorstep,bags in hand.

They'd wed in a quiet ceremony in the Gurudwara nearby,with only the kindly goldsmith in attendance.

Another scream brought him back to the present,this time accompanied by the faint sounds of a baby crying.

He turned to the heavens and thanked them profusely.He would win at all costs ,destiny be damned.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

Beautiful start smiley42

themasked thumbnail

Chapter 1-Jaspal

There was chaos everywhere as the house-help scurried around the living room in a frenzy.It was not everyday that the great Akaal Singh Brar announced his retirement to make way for his young heir into the Brar Jewellery empire. Everything had to be perfect, at least when his daarji was involved, even more so when his parjaai was responsible for organising the whole event.After all,it would be her husband who was taking over the reins of the company and hopefully the household as well.They had invited virtually everyone, including important government officials, fellow business heads and most importantly ,extended family.

While Jaspal was vaguely aware of the feud going on between his father and his relatives and even agreed with his father's motivations for one upping them with the most exorbitant ceremony one could throw, he had a really bad feeling.A part of him didn't think it was wise to make an important announcement live in front of the media and half the city. Even the smallest glitch could upend the delicate balance necessitated by the takeover.He had favoured a written statement,followed by a small get together for their closest associates and if time permitted ,even an impromptu interview with the Ludhiana times.

However,no one had listened to him as usual and he had been content to be relegated to the sidelines.All he had to do was to wait for the drama to unfold and start troubleshooting. His mother had called him a cynic and even a pessimist when he had expressed his 'inauspicious' thoughts while his father had given him a single glare, effectively shutting him up.It wasn't that bad he reasoned.If worse came to worst, atleast one person would be prepared and he was comfortable working in the shadows.With that comforting thought in mind ,he leaned back against the wall ,arms crossed and surveyed the chaos.

"Veerji",a deceptively innocent voice called out.

Rolling his eyes,he turned to find himself face to face with his ten year old sister.

"Prabhjyot,what have you done this time?"

She gave him a brilliant smile.

"Nothing.Why do you assume that I come to you only when I'm in trouble?"

Jaspal nearly snorted at that.

"Let's see.."

Before he could start ,a ruckus at the doorway caught his attention.Time seemed to freeze even as horror started to creep upon him.His Amarjot maasi stood at the doorway,covered from head to toe with mud. She didn't look too happy.Wincing,he turned around only to find his younger sister gone.And to make matters worse,his parents had chosen the worst possible timing to show up.Thus there he was,stuck with three extremely unhappy elders,who looked more than ready to chew him up and leave his entrails outside.

Prabhjyot you monkey,what have you done?

He cursed his luck internally and made his way to the doorway, schooling his expression into that of polite concern.

"Sat sri akaal maasiji.How are you?"

In hindsight,that had probably been the wrong thing to say.He could have sworn that she'd turned a shade redder.

"How do you think I am Jaspal?"

She was definitely angry.

Praying to the heavens,he decided that humility was the best course of action if he wished to get his sister out of trouble.

"Maasi ji,please forgive Prabhjyot for this accident."

"You call this an accident."

"Maasi,she had actually meant to prank me but unfortunately that bucket of mud ended up on your head."

He hoped everyone would buy his story and leave things alone.Unfortunately for him,lady luck had decided to not side with him that day.

"Jaspal,the mud slinging happened out on the lawn.Prabhjyot knew that you were inside the whole time.How can you say that you were the intended victim?" his father mused.

He was definitely done for.Knowing the art of picking one's battles,he decided to call it quits and let the matter slide.Any further interference from his side would only spell doom on Prabhjyot. Hopefully, he'd be able to cheer her up later.

"Prabhjyot has not behaved in a manner befitting a daughter of the Brar household."

"Brar Saab, perhaps you should try talking to her before administering the

themasked thumbnail

Hi guys,I think I exceeded the word limit above so part of the entry got cut off.I've posted the rest of it here.

Chapter 1-continued

"Brar Saab, perhaps you should try talking to her before administering the punishment."

Jaspal looked up so fast that he had whiplash.His mother had actually tried defending her daughter against her husband.But then,it was also her favourite son's big day.She was bound to be happier and braver.

"No Jabjyot.We cannot let this slide.No matter how justified she is,she has no business behaving like a hooligan when there are more civilized ways to settle matters.Further more,she disrespected an elder today,her own aunt,for which she has to face the consequences."his declared.

Turning to him ,he continued,

"Jaspal,go and tell her that she is banned from attending the event today.She may amuse herself in her room and if she behaves,she may be let out tomorrow."

With that his parents and maasi walked away,leaving him to clean the mess as usual.

"Sukhdeep,please clean these mud tracks." he called.

Now he had to go and find his errant sister who would definitely not take her punishment lying down.

Such a beautiful start to the day,he thought wryly.

Note:Thank you for the response everyone.This is my first time writing on a public forum.I would really appreciate feedback as I want to improve my writing.

This is also my first time writing about a Sikh family.I'm trying to be as authentic as possible.Please do correct me if I make any errors.I find this an enjoyable learning experience.And I also apologize if I have offended anyone with my portrayal.

Aleyamma47 thumbnail

I love the way you are exploring the completely sidelined relationships and characters of the original show. Daarji-Bebe, Jaspal, Prabjyot etc.

Honestly, the CVs should take inspiration from you and give some amount of focus on all the characters.