Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

I think the writer could have included more scenes in the latter half to show how difficult it is for Zamda to live in that house. Barlas and muscle man show great depth of feeling in the few scenes they have and we can see how continuously traumatized they are by what happened -- to the point where they don't care if they live or die as long as they get to complete revenge.

They could have shown Zamda looking at the mirror and doing a quiet scream or just crying and missing her family when she is alone -- lots of words to remind the audience that this family are a vile set of human beings. If she had seen a private Zamda vs a public Zamda, the audience would have been able to feel more for her plight and how she is effectively hiding her emotions to complete her revenge. Rather than rely on flashbacks, the director should have shown Zamda's feelings. Perhaps then, people would not feel so bad for this terrible family.

Exactly. If you’ve noticed the good writing and good scenes have all been reserved by the writer for Channar’s family. Barlas’s arc, DESPITE being a murderer, is a GOOD arc. You see the change and the growth. He gets good lines ! Channar gets good lines ! So does Duraab, Barrera and Bakhtawar Badshah.

Writing doesn’t show the same courtesy to Zamda. Other than her slips with Barrera we have nothing. And that once in a moon phone call with Badal. Where is her thought process at? Definitely more was needed. And good strong lines and scenes. Where you feel her trauma reflected instead of relying on flashbacks.

I also feel it would have helped the story if they had spent more time on Zamdas family in the beginning. Her family are just names for me. 2 brothers a mother and her dad. Not a lot of character development was done for them. Not a lot of scenes of her with them other than the 2 they keep playing again and again. On the other hand, we have had the entirety of the show with Channar’s family. So level of emotional investment is different as a viewer. Perhaps they had Zamda’s family die too early to get on with the story. An episode just dedicated to their familial bond would have helped I think. At least we wouldn’t get the same two flashbacks every time lol

Edited by tgota92 - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

lol if everyone in that family is just plain evil including Bakhtawar and Pamir, then the same categorisation should apply to Zamda’s family for being the dumbest people on earth to move back into the area with said evil family and expect them to just “believe them and move on” - her father actually thought the likes of Duraab would believe Zamda’s dad has forgiven them and move on? Was he really that dumb? And then not contacting them at all and sneaking a Zamda wedding right under this evil family’s nose? What was he thinking? That he’s talking to a forgiving family ?

But that’s the thing right. You can’t just place everyone in one category. There will be no story, no conflict of emotion, nothing. Zamda’s family was innocent and sweet but seriously - her dad put his entire family in grave danger by bringing them with him and expecting peace with Duraab Khan. He could have just come alone at first and tested the waters but he made the dumb decision to bring everyone. So he wasn’t perfect either.

Likewise, not everyone in Channar’s family is as evil as Channar and his dad. They’re the worst. They made terrible decisions. I’ll even put Gul Wareen in this category because of what she did with Barrera. And then you have complicit people who go along with everything like Gulaab and Badshah. They’re the followers. And then you have the bystanders who are just stuck coz they’re part of his psycho family like Bakhtawar and Pamir. You can’t place the latter into the same category as the likes of Duraab and Channar. Otherwise, the story would be very boring and black and white. Even the revenge ladder Zamda is climbing to get to the most evil ones, she’s following a pattern - going from an underage kid to the big bad.

So not downplaying her trauma at all. I just don’t think revenge stories are basic. I want to see blood too, but I want emotional investment and stakes so I appreciate the grey areas the show gives me.

okay first of all I never said Pamir and his mother are evil nor did I say all members are in the same category of evilness so I don’t know what that spiel is all about …

Also being naive and making stupid decisions isn’t the same as being complicit in criminal activities ..

please don’t tag me if you’re going to put words in my mouth, thank you .. ☺️

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tgota92

lol if everyone in that family is just plain evil including Bakhtawar and Pamir, then the same categorisation should apply to Zamda’s family for being the dumbest people on earth to move back into the area with said evil family and expect them to just “believe them and move on” - her father actually thought the likes of Duraab would believe Zamda’s dad has forgiven them and move on? Was he really that dumb? And then not contacting them at all and sneaking a Zamda wedding right under this evil family’s nose? What was he thinking? That he’s talking to a forgiving family ?

So I won't say her father is dumb but rather that he was hopeful. He had been gone for over 25 years and he had no feelings for revenge. He was the one who lost his father but yet, he was magnanimous enough to say that the past is the past. That is not dumb -- that requires tremendous amount of courage.

I am reminded of this cartoon I watched with my niece - Raya and the last dragon. There is a great quote from there in regards to conflict resolution --

The Best Movie Quotes of 2021 - MagicalQuote | Life quotes disney, Inspirational quotes disney, Pixar quotes

Even in the cartoon, the dragon actually does get hurt by taking the first step towards peace. Yet, the movie shows us that it was a vital step and the main character, Raya, in the end also takes a step of trust even though she does not trust the other party necessarily.

Now, why am I talking about a cartoon? Because I thought it was hugely philosophical and interesting study on conflict resolution and finding peace.

A couple of pages back, aaaaa77 asked a very interesting question -- whether khaie is the solution and what is the conclusion to this cycle of violence?

If we are to end the cycle of violence, then someone has to be brave enough to take the first step towards peace. They have to believe in the goodness of people. Otherwise, we are going to keep fighting each other and keeping scores of who hurt who. There is no end to the conflict cycle.

Now in some societies, peace is restored when justice is given through law. Here, this is a lawless family who don't heed to the village or people's feelings. So what is the solution to such people? Khaie is a result of lawlessness and no avenue of people getting justice. It is the result of evil people who go unchecked and are arrogant enough to think that there will not be any consequences for their actions ever.

If we say her father is dumb for coming back, then we should not be surprised that Zamda has become coldblooded and bent on wiping everyone out in this family. What did she learn from her father? That seeing the good in this family will lead to eventual death and destruction. So the only solution is khaie.

That has been her painful takeaway from what happened to her family -- there can be no peace, no forgiveness and no room for redemption. There can be no room for some to survive just because they are not super evil like old man and Chanar Khan. All of the family have to be wiped out in order to get justice.

Now why would her father choose to come back? Because he missed home.

I was watching a documentary about a small minority who was caught in a skirmish between two groups in a conflict zone. People fled to nearby countries and those villages remained empty for decades. Now those very villages are seeing some people come back. Some of them have moved back permanently while others are coming in the summer and bringing their children to experience the community.

For some, they are swept in an intense feeling of being at home, among their people, speaking their language, following their religious festivals and experiencing the community. For some, it is a trip down memory lane but their home is now wherever they live. For the second generation, they get to understand the parents better as well as get an insight into their own culture and community.

So in real life, it is a very complex issue when people choose to move back or visit a former conflict zone. They are very aware of the pitfalls, the dangers but the feeling of home still stirs their heart deeply. Whereas for others, the past is past. It all varies from person to person.

Regarding Zamda's marriage, her father realized that he had made a huge mistake in trying to extend a hand of peace as Chanar Khan was now lusting after Zamda and wanted her as third wife. Would any sane father agree to that? So obviously he is going to arrange a quick wedding and try and get her out of the way from that vile family. However, they all get killed.

Now do I see any good people in this family? Only Barera. But what did she get for seeing the goodness in this family? She has been abused, traumatized and treated as a servant.

When we choose to stay silent or not speak up when something wrong is happening, we can become complicit in the crime to a small degree. While Badshah Khan's family were not present or involved, they thought nothing wrong with what happened. So for that sin, they have been wiped out. So they took on the sin by being involved with that family. That may sound unfair to some but they are just collateral damage. It is evil old man who taught Zamda that mercy is overrated. So the family is reaping what they sowed. That is not on Zamda but on the actions of evil old man and Chanar Khan.

Originally posted by: AreebsMumFanS2

okay first of all I never said Pamir and his mother are evil nor did I say all members are in the same category of evilness so I don’t know what that spiel is all about …

Also being naive and making stupid decisions isn’t the same as being complicit in criminal activities ..

please don’t tag me if you’re going to put words in my mouth, thank you .. ☺️

“they are just AS guilty” - your words, not mine. I simply clarified that that’s not true and you can’t lump Pamir in with the rest of them 👍🏼

anyway gotcha ✌️ clearly, this is not a discussion lol

Aaaaaaa77 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think Zamda's father was dumb and so was she to consider they can end the enimity this is not some theft financial loss etc which has scope for forgiveness

But being dumb doesn't mean he should have ended like this , Dorab channar was evil to kill him and his children

Its just that I would have liked it more if they had shown zamda Badal and jandol smart here

Killing channaar and Dorab was the solution to their actions this teaching lesson to them by killing Badshah did not help them because they clearly did not feel remorse for their actions which resulted in this rather in return that chanaar was planning to abduct women from jandol's home 🤢

Dorab is getting nightmares that badshah is upset his murderer is alive and from ost it's clear they are going to murder jandol mercilessly

Had they killed chanar and Dorab and left badshah he would not have gone after the ladies

So more than anyone deserving death (badshah Pameer) it was about how smart the trio was in their revenge

Go for the main target first that's the thing

Because they clearly were unable to teach lesson

They made them more horrible and evil

Yep. The Zamda Badal and Jindal plotting is basically a joke at this point.

It’s either things like dumb luck where Badshah doesn’t take any guards with him and gets killed 😂 OR it’s bizarre situations like how Jindal got caught. And Badal just roams around in that cloak and does nothing lol. He’s the biggest snoozefest.

the only plotting of Zamdas I enjoyed was how she turned Barlas against Pamir and put the seed in his head to do something about him. That’s the only clever move of hers. I thought she might instigate Bakhtawar to kill Barlas after getting Channar to get Barlas and Apana married, but Zamda didn’t follow it up with any plan.

She basically has no plan at this point. Just going by dumb luck. And it’s no longer engaging.

And like you said all these deaths aren’t doing anything to Channar and Duraab. Channar hasnt even remembered his son once since he was murdered lol. Duraab just wants revenge and thinks of him as getting weak.

Maybe the point is you can’t solve one Khaie with another Khaie. Too many lesser guilty would die and the real culprits won’t get your point that you’re making 😂 Would have been better to start with Duraab. Then the house really would have broken down. He’s the main decision maker. And the real culprit

https://www.instagram.com/stories/shujaasad/3322914309773821924?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=N3o2ajVvd3lidG10

Scarr: Channar Khan

Simba: Barlas Khan

Shuja posting this is giving me some hope for Barlas 😂😂😂

probably trolling tho 🤦🏻‍♀️

I knew zamda gonna use badal for getting away from situation…she’s gonna do anything for revenge now…now probably barera would die too…zamda double crossed her telling she’s gonna run away with badal also letting channar know about the location she’s gonna meet him😂

Ps. I feel barlas will get khaie next from badal probably

Ugh Zamda is such a 🤬🤬🤬

Poor Badal. Probably the first time I’ve felt bad for him 😂

Barlas going all gangsta on Jindal has me thinking he’s next to go 🔪 Hopefully he dies in the last episode so I won’t have to go an episode without seeing him on screen 🤭😏

Episode was again kinda boring. But I can't believe Zamda used Badal that way. Bhai hadd hai. Urghhh! ZAMDA smiley7

Barera seriously did a mistake now. Her kindness towards Zamda will get her killed now. Zamda is just using her. Why the hell is Barera being this stupid? I don't want her to die smiley19

First time I didn't like Barlas.. Itna kya rage to kill body builder khan smiley7khud sabko Maarte phirte ho & koi badla B na le. Waah!

I felt terrible when they kill bodybuilder smiley19 Kitna torture Kiya usko smiley19