Khaie (GEO) - Durr e Fishan, Faysal Qureshi, Shuja Asad - Page 11

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 months ago

I am a little bit confused about Chanar Khan's family..

how many siblings does he have?

and how many kids does Chanar Khan have? the one that died last episode and a younger kid.. does he also have a kid from first marriage? the dude with too much guy liner who is secretly meeting Apuna (who i assume is Chanaar's niece) , is the guyliner guy Chanar's son too?

Originally posted by: AreebsMumFanS2

and how many kids does Chanar Khan have? the one that died last episode and a younger kid.. does he also have a kid from first marriage? the dude with too much guy liner who is secretly meeting Apuna (who i assume is Chanaar's niece) , is the guyliner guy Chanar's son too?

just saw something haute review they were discussing the same…like the family album shows 3 sons of Channar with Barlas (eye liner guy) and watching teasers channar’s 2nd wife seems to be asking Durrab to forgive him…i guess he’s related to Gul wareen…
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

re-watched scenes (the photo scene with first wife as well as the scene where zamda sees photos on the wall scene) to make sure.

he has 2 other brothers. it is a bit unclear since so many refer to him as bhai but the guy running the operations - gulab khan -- sems to be a brother. I checked the scene in ep 3 where there is a wall of photos and she is looking at them. besides chanar khan, his dad, there was gulab khan, one more brother (guess he is the one abroad) and photos of the 3 kids.

he has 3 kids -- the eldest one is secretly meeting the girl. not too sure but am guessing that her mother is the sister of chanar khan. one brother of chanar khan is living abroad with his family. she is engaged to that brother's son. so eyeliner flirting with her is a problem.

all the kids come from chanar khan's second wife. first wife bareera is barren.

read an article: khaie refers to a tribal tradition of taking revenge by eliminating all the males in the family so that the whole family line disappears. not exactly sure but khaie can also refer to a crop? it also seems to mean grudge or revenge.

khaie count as of ep 4: son #2 died. son#1 and youngest son alive. chanar, his 2 two siblings alive and so is dad. (1/7 from photos on the wall)

Edited by mango.falooda - 9 months ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

re-watched scenes (the photo scene with first wife as well as the scene where zamda sees photos on the wall scene) to make sure.

he has 2 other brothers. it is a bit unclear since so many refer to him as bhai but the guy running the operations - gulab khan -- sems to be a brother. I checked the scene in ep 3 where there is a wall of photos and she is looking at them. besides chanar khan, his dad, there was gulab khan, one more brother (guess he is the one abroad) and photos of the 3 kids.

he has 3 kids -- the eldest one is secretly meeting the girl. not too sure but am guessing that her mother is the sister of chanar khan. one brother of chanar khan is living abroad with his family. she is engaged to that brother's son. so eyeliner flirting with her is a problem.

all the kids come from chanar khan's second wife. first wife bareera is barren.

read an article: khaie refers to a tribal tradition of taking revenge by eliminating all the males in the family so that the whole family line disappears. not exactly sure but khaie can also refer to a crop? it also seems to mean grudge or revenge.

khaie count as of ep 4: son #2 died. son#1 and youngest son alive. chanar, his 2 two siblings alive and so is dad. (1/7 from photos on the wall)

i think at some point the overseas brother is going to come to the village.. i am assuming when someone significant dies or when they find out about guyliner's trysts they expedite the formal engagement and they come back..

this show is getting good, i hope they keep the thriller aspect and focus on the revenge and make it tight without unnecessary side plots and filler..

vdna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hello folks,

Just watched the first episode of the series as the trailers looked interesting but am so confused with who's who!! Can anyone help?

Is Darwesh khan the son who saw his father's thumb get cut?? - All this is happening 25years after the thumb cutting, correct? (And the actor is playing older Darwesh is different?)

Or am I totally wrong? My hindi/urdu is a bit rusty so trying to understand! The premise of the show seems interesting so would like to continue watching :)

Any help understanding is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Vandana!

Originally posted by: vdna

Hello folks,

Just watched the first episode of the series as the trailers looked interesting but am so confused with who's who!! Can anyone help?

Is Darwesh khan the son who saw his father's thumb get cut?? - All this is happening 25years after the thumb cutting, correct? (And the actor is playing older Darwesh is different?)

Or am I totally wrong? My hindi/urdu is a bit rusty so trying to understand! The premise of the show seems interesting so would like to continue watching :)

Thanks,

Vandana!

i think the guy who got his thumb cut off was just random poor village person, they showed it to highlight how Duraab Khan was so ruthless ... Darwesh's social standing is same as them and they have some family enmity ..i think at some point they will address why and how the dad was killed.. and also history of the rivalry.. or maybe it doesn't matter..

i think.. i tried to find recap of the episodes but couldn't find ones with details..and i don't wanna rewatch it..

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: vdna

Hello folks,

Thanks,

Vandana!

are you watching on youtube? they are releasing the episodes with subs. that is how I am watching because otherwise I would struggle with the accent as well as the urdu.

like areebs said, the thumb incident was to show how ruthless this family is and it happens in present timeline. I wasn't sure but it looked like the father who got his thumb cut also passed out -- so maybe he died? or got sick? my sense is that the son will play an important role in upcoming episode and will have direct participation of revenge scheme.

this is my guess -- zamdaa is going to use multiple ways as well as people to hit this family. this includes thumb son later. since she does not do it directly, this family is not going to be the wiser for quite a number of episodes. chanar khan especially thinks zamdaa is just a pretty woman. even though his father warns him that her eyes seem dangerous -- indicating zamdaa is a woman with a brain -- chanar khan dismisses it because the women in his family have no power besides rhona dhona. he is going to be shocked when he realizes that she is the one pulling all the strings from the shadows.

darwesh khan was zamdaa's father. zamdaa's grandfather was killed 25 years ago which gave darwesh the right to do revenge according to their tribal traditions. however, he didn't want to get embroiled in some revenge scheme. so he left with his wife and kids and had stayed abroad for many years. his hope in coming back was that time had passed and so there was no need for revenge. if he who had been hurt can let go and move on, why not chanar khan's family? -- that was his reasoning.

however, chanar khan's father does not believe in forgiveness and is all about eliminating the enemy.

mango.falooda thumbnail

i think the guy who got his thumb cut off was just random poor village person, they showed it to highlight how Duraab Khan was so ruthless ... Darwesh's social standing is same as them and they have some family enmity ..i think at some point they will address why and how the dad was killed.. and also history of the rivalry.. or maybe it doesn't matter..

i think.. i tried to find recap of the episodes but couldn't find ones with details..and i don't wanna rewatch it..

I don't think they will show the cause for family enmity either. I don't think it matters in the overall story.it is just one of those things where clans within the same tribe hate each other for some reason or the other and the hatred has gone on for so long and spilled into multiple generations that there is no longer one specific reason for the hatred.

mango.falooda thumbnail

okay, small correction --- so apana is the daughter of gulab khan, one of the brothers of chanar khan. so her mother is not the sister but sister-in-law.

eyeliner actually looked cute when he was giving her the earrings. those were pretty earrings but seemed rather heavy no? the costumes and the jewelry, the overall designs are really nice in this drama.

now the revenge team is slowly getting on. we have curly hair fiance, thumb man and zamdaa all working in their own paths to figure out how to bring this family down. it will be interesting to see how they collude. thumb man is super cautious whereas curly is very emotional. he is prepared to die. zamdaa is more like thumb man, moving chess pieces when she sees fit.

looking forward to seeing next ep -- looks like eyeliner is next in khaie count.

Edited by mango.falooda - 9 months ago
vdna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Thanks @AreebsMumFanS2 and @mango.falooda for clarifying!! I do watch on YouTube with subs but somehow got very confused and didn't want to re-watch!! For some strange reason, I thought thumb son left to go abroad and has returned and is Darwesh Khan but the ages and actors and social standing didn't really check out based on what I had assumed so was totally confused!!

Thanks a bunch for clarifying!

Will continue watching - have only watched epi1 thus far :) and eyeliner guy seemed cute in the first episode - seemed to feel the pain of Duraab Khan's cruelty.

It takes me a while to get used to character names but I love the storytelling in Pak serials :)