Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail + 3

Arshi Analyzers

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: .BarunSanaya.

Nahiii yaar I hope this flu gets better and stops. Ek aur version of corona nai chahiye!

So you work with the Uni and study right?! That is what you mean right?!😳 You have to na. Take some time out for yourself too.

It'll be alright soon! Don't worry!

No no.. my research is exactly what I'm getting paid to do. Basically there's a national level exam and if you clear it, the govt sorta funds your research by giving you monthly salary, contingency funds, etc. But they require that the topic of our research be meaningful... and we have to submit timely reports of our progress so that they know their funds are being utilized in the right direction. All things considered, the rules aren't too strict and getting paid to do a Ph.D. is probably like a dream for many 😆

.BarunSanaya. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

No no.. my research is exactly what I'm getting paid to do. Basically there's a national level exam and if you clear it, the govt sorta funds your research by giving you monthly salary, contingency funds, etc. But they require that the topic of our research be meaningful... and we have to submit timely reports of our progress so that they know their funds are being utilized in the right direction. All things considered, the rules aren't too strict and getting paid to do a Ph.D. is probably like a dream for many 😆

That's amazinggg!! Yes why not it's a very good opportunity! So stuti is basically hoshiyaar bacha!🤣
ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

I have been to both and to me both the places has got amazing food! 🤣 Shopping wise even I agree Alkapuri is better.

Why don't you plan one then? Do you like South Indian food?! I basically can't live without Idli/ Dosa🤣 Even thou we are North Indians. We have Idli / Dosa almost everyday for breakfast 🤣

Yes!!! I know!!😳 And Nalli Silks you get really good ones!

Yes! Actually there are plenty of places that are good for food... not surprising when you are in Gujarat 😆. Ooh! My family and I love South Indian food as well. We don't have it everyday but yeah.. we have probably have at least one South Indian dish every 2-3 days. We have even bought a Wet grinder just to grind rice for Idli / Dosa 😆.

There is a good chain of South Indian restaurants here called 22nd parallel. The food is tasty and the prices are reasonable. There's another one called Sankalp... you might have heard of this one bcz it has branches all over India.

Aah! If I ever come to Chennai, I'll look into buying those silk sarees... especially since I want to turn one of them into a Bharatnatyam costume 😆(I'm a trained dancer)

.BarunSanaya. thumbnail

Yes! Actually there are plenty of places that are good for food... not surprising when you are in Gujarat 😆. Ooh! My family and I love South Indian food as well. We don't have it everyday but yeah.. we have probably have at least one South Indian dish every 2-3 days. We have even bought a Wet grinder just to grind rice for Idli / Dosa 😆.

There is a good chain of South Indian restaurants here called 22nd parallel. The food is tasty and the prices are reasonable. There's another one called Sankalp... you might have heard of this one bcz it has branches all over India.

Aah! If I ever come to Chennai, I'll look into buying those silk sarees... especially since I want to turn one of them into a Bharatnatyam costume 😆(I'm a trained dancer)

Yup even used to grind and then get the batter ready! But now here there alot of good quality readily ones available! So we don't do it at home now! Esp Murugan Idli's batter is really so good! (You might have heard about this place) Yup I have heard of Sankalp.

OMG really?! This is so cool :D Yes you'll get plenty of them here and really good ones!

ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

That's amazinggg!! Yes why not it's a very good opportunity! So stuti is basically hoshiyaar bacha!🤣

Haha! Yeah.. clearing that national exam with a good rank is what half of the people in my contacts remember me for 😆... not that I'm complaining. It got me an interview and via that a teaching job @ Unacademy during the pandemic while Ph.D. admissions were delayed... so I'm grateful for it 😳. And of course, for the generous amount of money the govt is providing me with now 🤣.

.BarunSanaya. thumbnail

Haha! Yeah.. clearing that national exam with a good rank is what half of the people in my contacts remember me for 😆... not that I'm complaining. It got me an interview and via that a teaching job @ Unacademy during the pandemic while Ph.D. admissions were delayed... so I'm grateful for it 😳. And of course, for the generous amount of money the govt is providing me with now 🤣.

Ofcourse hardwork pays always! Aha! That's cool. But clear me one thing I know someone who's a relative's, relative and she's a PHD student too! And she works with the Uni and plus doing her PHD studies there! So that's why I asked you! So meaning she could not get a paid PHD basically?
ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

Yup even used to grind and then get the batter ready! But now here there alot of good quality readily ones available! So we don't do it at home now! Esp Murugan Idli's batter is really so good! (You might have heard about this place) Yup I have heard of Sankalp.

OMG really?! This is so cool :D Yes you'll get plenty of them here and really good ones!

We used to buy the ready ones but packet versions are not always available in the store and local versions don't have a consistent quality. So we started making the batter at home.

We also make Appam / Paniyaram, Uthhapa, etc. Do you like all these?

.BarunSanaya. thumbnail

We used to buy the ready ones but packet versions are not always available in the store and local versions don't have a consistent quality. So we started making the batter at home.

We also make Appam / Paniyaram, Uthhapa, etc. Do you like all these?

Yup here too! Pehle even we never used to like outside batter! So mum used to do it at home. But since now so many have come up and suprisingly even local versions are really good now so we have stopped at home!🤣

Really? You like Paniyaram? I don't like Appam and Paniyaram. But Uttapam and Vadai's are my favvv!🤣 And how about podi? Do you prefer podi with Dosa and Idli or Sambhar?

ssttuuttii thumbnail

Arshi Analyzers

Ofcourse hardwork pays always! Aha! That's cool. But clear me one thing I know someone who's a relative's, relative and she's a PHD student too! And she works with the Uni and plus doing her PHD studies there! So that's why I asked you! So meaning she could not get a paid PHD basically?

Yeah I suppose. The paid Ph.D. thing that I'm doing isn't really that common... about 2 lakh people gave the same exam as I did and only around 1,500 of us cleared it. It's highly competitive and some of my classmates have spent years preparing for it by joining special classes but still haven't cleared it. So yes, most Ph.D. students tend to work alongside . It is possible she might be attempting the exams already... but if not, you should suggest her to give it a try. The exam is called NET (National Entrance Test)... based on her field of study,, there could be various NET exams she could be eligible for. Some of the ones I'm aware of are - Joint CSIR-UGC NET, UGC NET, DBT NET, ICAR NET, etc. Being from the field of science, I'm less aware of exams in the social science field but info about this should be easily available on google.

.BarunSanaya. thumbnail

Yeah I suppose. The paid Ph.D. thing that I'm doing isn't really that common... about 2 lakh people gave the same exam as I did and only around 1,500 of us cleared it. It's highly competitive and some of my classmates have spent years preparing for it by joining special classes but still haven't cleared it. So yes, most Ph.D. students tend to work alongside . It is possible she might be attempting the exams already... but if not, you should suggest her to give it a try. The exam is called NET (National Entrance Test)... based on her field of study,, there could be various NET exams she could be eligible for. Some of the ones I'm aware of are - Joint CSIR-UGC NET, UGC NET, DBT NET, ICAR NET, etc. Being from the field of science, I'm less aware of exams in the social science field but info about this should be easily available on google.

Yes she has given NET and cleared it. But what was told to me is she wrote the exam , cleared it and got a job with the Uni while doing her PHD. But I'm not aware like how you're getting paid for your PHD if she's getting the same.