Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

HR surpassing his dad is arguable I feel - especially when you say in every department

Some of HR's biggest hits are with his pops directing him.

Conversely, almost all of Rakesh's biggest hits are with Hrithik as his star while as pointed out Hrithik has had many hits without him. Before Hrithik as his star Rakesh was always on the verge of bankruptcy - his fortunes fluctuating from film to film. Post Hrithik as his star he's very very wealthy and never needs to work again. Interestingly, Rakesh also falls under the shadow of his composer father Roshan Lal Nagrath.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: vcs17

Raveena tandon

Ranbir I disagree, Rishi withstood the AB era and has proved his versatility far more even in senior roles, Ranbir has a long way to go

Tabu has reached close to the stature of a shabana azmi

ajay devgan

vicky kaushal

RD Burman (reached SD Burman's level or more)

Anu Malik

Anand Milind

@bold: Add Amaal and Armaan Malik (s/o Daboo Malik) to the list too. What about Jatin-Lalit? I know they come from a musical background, but was their father in the industry?

RD Burman never had kids, did he? I wonder what his third generation would look like.

Any idea what Anu Malik and Anand-Milind's kids are upto? Would be interesting to see if their successors are wanting to get into music or no ๐Ÿ˜†

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Is Ranbir really more successful than his Dad? People from Rishiโ€™s era are not too keen on Ranbir and think heโ€™s not as good as his dad. I agree. I think Rishi is far more versatile. Ranbir only plays one type of role

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Is Ranbir really more successful than his Dad? People from Rishiโ€™s era are not too keen on Ranbir and think heโ€™s not as good as his dad. I agree. I think Rishi is far more versatile. Ranbir only plays one type of role

He has a better box office or atleast he did

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

@bold: Add Amaal and Armaan Malik (s/o Daboo Malik) to the list too. What about Jatin-Lalit? I know they come from a musical background, but was their father in the industry?

RD Burman never had kids, did he? I wonder what his third generation would look like.

Any idea what Anu Malik and Anand-Milind's kids are upto? Would be interesting to see if their successors are wanting to get into music or no ๐Ÿ˜†

yes

jatin -lalits uncle is pandit jasraj so not really and father a classical musician, yes they are more popular then sisters sulkashana and vijeyta pandit

rd burman no kids

vcs17 thumbnail

success fades and diminishes with time, what looks massive currently will not seem so a decade down the line

so if something seems close to the success of current times it probably was much more than

most current gen will think the khans are bigger then AB or Rajesh Khanna

most may think a katrina is a bigger success than asha parekh (who was also known for super hit songs though she was a better actress and did some solid roles)

same for say a sadhana or rakhee

99% the popular ones today wont stay in public memory 10 yrs down

i say this because madhuri and sridevi are placed on equivalence with top actors today but they have much more massive hits and craze in those days compared to say a deepika, alia, priyanka etc

bobby was a massive hit, ranbir never had that kind of success, only other debut hits of that range are maine pyar kiya, qsqt

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

yes

jatin -lalits uncle is pandit jasraj so not really and father a classical musician, yes they are more popular then sisters sulkashana and vijeyta pandit

rd burman no kids

I did some digging on Instagram.

Anu Malik has two daughters. Anmol used to sing, no idea about now. She's an author now. Apparently her books did well. I'll have to check them out. ๐Ÿ˜†

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXsUHqQqGXd/

And the other daughter, Adaa, is into fashion designing...she's had a couple of fashion week shows too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfb6--_LREY/

Anand-Milind have daughters too, I saw them on Kapil Sharma Show...Anand has one daughter (Gauri) and Milind has two. Couldn't find anything in detail about them....though Anandji has uploaded some stuff on his personal Insta...she seems to have completed her education but no idea if any of them are into music...freaky how much she looks like him!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd6EEhslpOL/

What I love is how all these girls don't look like clones of one another ๐Ÿ˜†

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

yes

rd burman no kids

My god, this is brand new information for me. I really had no idea ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

vcs17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I did some digging on Instagram.

Anu Malik has two daughters. Anmol used to sing, no idea about now. She's an author now. Apparently her books did well. I'll have to check them out. ๐Ÿ˜†

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXsUHqQqGXd/

And the other daughter, Adaa, is into fashion designing...she's had a couple of fashion week shows too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfb6--_LREY/

Anand-Milind have daughters too, I saw them on Kapil Sharma Show...Anand has one daughter (Gauri) and Milind has two. Couldn't find anything in detail about them....though Anandji has uploaded some stuff on his personal Insta...she seems to have completed her education but no idea if any of them are into music...freaky how much she looks like him!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd6EEhslpOL/

What I love is how all these girls don't look like clones of one another ๐Ÿ˜†

and they seem to be doing something different especially the writer

other day i saw ashish vidyarthi post about his son at UC Berkeley doing CS undergrad, he was so proud, it was very cute and really heartening to read

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

success fades and diminishes with time, what looks massive currently will not seem so a decade down the line

so if something seems close to the success of current times it probably was much more than

most current gen will think the khans are bigger then AB or Rajesh Khanna

most may think a katrina is a bigger success than asha parekh (who was also known for super hit songs though she was a better actress and did some solid roles)

same for say a sadhana or rakhee

99% the popular ones today wont stay in public memory 10 yrs down

i say this because madhuri and sridevi are placed on equivalence with top actors today but they have much more massive hits and craze in those days compared to say a deepika, alia, priyanka etc

bobby was a massive hit, ranbir never had that kind of success, only other debut hits of that range are maine pyar kiya, qsqt

I like your posts which view films and industry with a philosophical outlook.๐Ÿคฉ