Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: mumihp

Waiting for Poddar family reaction and hoping Armaan moves out when he marries Abhira. Can see Rohit, Fufasa and Kaveri being horrible.

Rohit, Sanjay, and Kaveri are all absolutely vile. I hate them!! Armaan rlly should move out!! Esp on the show they're even worse!

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Rehanna-

Oh my!! This has been a lovely read. I have missed Mishbir so very much, and I love this twist on things. It’s good to see you writing, and writing well. Good luck with the rest of your story. I can’t wait to read

Omg thank you so much!!! Always love to see mishbir fans turning up as abhimaan fans too!! So glad you're enjoying the story. <3

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter Seventeen

“Haan, Badi Maa,” Armaan assured her for probably the fifteenth time. “Main saare papers le aunga.”

“Armaan, woh past litigation records bhi chahiye,” Mishti reminded him.

“I know, Badi Maa,” Armaan told her. “Mujhe yaad hai kya-kya laana hai. Ab aap phone rakhengi toh main sab dhoond paunga na!”

“Achcha, baba. Rakh rahi hoon. Bye!” Mishti exclaimed, hanging up before Armaan had a chance to reciprocate. Armaan chuckled fondly. Sometimes, Mishti reminded him too much of Abhira. They were so similar in so many ways. Abir liked to say it was the Maheshwari in them. Armaan might be beginning to see what he meant.

Shaking his head, he focused on the task at hand. He was at the firm, gathering all the documentation for the land case. Mishti had told him she didn't want to keep the papers at the firm and would feel better if she had them. So, he'd turned up to the firm to bring everything to her.

It felt a little weird, being back. He had not been to the office after Rohit had taken over apart from the one meeting he'd had with Abir & Mishti in the conference room to relay the good news. Outwardly, nothing was different, yet, nothing was the same. Abir & Mishti's offer kept occupying Armaan's thoughts.

He had listened to Abhira and made a pro & con list. Two, actually. One for joining the NGO & the other for staying at the firm. For the second time in his life, the first being when he chose his own happiness with Abhira over Kaveri's desire to see him wed to Ruhi, Armaan did something selfish. He did what everyone had suggested and thought only about what he wanted, not giving his family's preferences a second thought.

When he did that, the answer became obvious. The two lists were mirror images of each other, with the only pro of continuing at the firm being the single con of joining the NGO - not disappointing his family & abiding by his Dadi Sa's wishes. If he had been the same Armaan he had been before he met Abhira… Heck, had he been the same Armaan he had been last month, before he realized what Abhira meant to him, he would have not even given the NGO a second thought.

The family's happiness was paramount for that man, even more than his own. But, this wasn't the old Armaan. He was the Armaan who had tasted the happiness of Abhira's presence by his side. He was the Armaan who had felt the love of a supportive family. He was the Armaan who had experienced the rush of truly being useful to society. And that Armaan, a much improved Armaan, was nowhere near the same man who would have given up every single joy in his life for one smile from Kaveri.

The lists burned a hole in his pocket, a constant reminder of what awaited him, if only he had the courage to choose his own happiness. Armaan knew that he would have a long road ahead of him if he did what his heart so desperately wanted. And, for the first time, the thought of that struggle halted his steps. Was he really strong enough to stand up against his grandmother? Up until now, his only mission in life had been to keep her happy. Her approval meant the world to him. He didn't know how to go against her, even if that would be better for him in the long run.

And, then there was guilt. He would be hurting her, hurting the entire family with his decision. The firm had never been just a place of business for anyone in the Poddar clan. For them, the firm had also been their home. It represented their legacy, their hard work, the blood, sweat, and tears that generations of Poddars had put in to bring the firm where it was today. All Armaan had ever craved was the love of family. Being a part of Poddar & Associates gave him that. They gave him a chance to be a part of the family in a different way. Knowing he walked those same steps that his ancestors had filled his heart with joy. He didn't know if he was ready to leave that yet, even if he understood that leaving was the better choice. It was a dilemma not easily overcome.

However, he didn't have a lot of time to ponder, because Abhira arrived there, smiling brightly. “Hi, Khadoosmaan!” She greeted cheerfully, reaching out to hug him. Armaan smiled, stepping into her embrace.

“Kya baat hai? Aaj iss waqt meri yaad kaise aa gayi?” Armaan chuckled.

“Khadoosmaan! I did it. I bagged a new client!” Abhira exclaimed joyfully.

“Really?” Armaan cried. “I'm so proud of you!” He kissed her forehead, his lips lingering on her skin for a bit.

“Thank you, Armaan,” she smiled. “Mujhe sabse pehle tumhaare saath celebrate karna tha… Kyunki yeh mera first client hai who I've gotten on my own, isliye nahi ki woh mujhe jaante hain yaa main unhe. She's a stranger to me and yet she chose me!”

“Abhi toh bas shuruaat hai, Ira,” Armaan promised. “Tum dekhna, you'll achieve great heights. Mujhe tumpe poora bharosa hai.”

“Tum ho tabhi toh mujhe bhi itna confidence aata hai ki main kar sakti hoon,” Abhira confessed. “Main kehti nahi lekin mujhe tumhaara bohot sahara hai, Armaan. Your confidence in me makes me believe in myself.”

“Main hamesha tumhaare saath hoon,” Armaan vowed.

“I know,” Abhira grinned. “And thank you kehne… Yeh!” She presented him with a box. Armaan took it from her, opening it to see two butterscotch pastries inside.

“Tumhe kaise pata ki mujhe butterscotch cake pasand hai?” Armaan asked, amazed. He didn't remember telling her. And in the time she'd lived in the Poddar Mansion, he could not recollect a single instance when they had ordered butterscotch cake for a celebration. They always ordered cakes according to the chorus gang's preference.

“Advocate Abhira Sharma ko sab kuch pata hai,” Abhira boasted with a smirk.

“Lekin… Tumhe toh chocolate pasand haina,” Armaan realized. “Woh kyun nahi laayi?”

“Tumhe thank you kehne apni favourite thodi laungi, Dadaji!” Abhira giggled. “Tumhaari favourite laungi na!”

“Apne liye toh le aati kam se kam,” Armaan argued.

“No!” Abhira exclaimed. “Mujhe tumhaara favourite flavour try karna hai.”

“Okay, okay!” Armaan gave in, knowing it was stupid to argue with her. “Chalo ab khaate hain!”

Abhira sat herself down on one of the chairs in the conference room and Armaan sat beside her. He passed half the cutlery to her and then spooned a bit of cake for himself. “Cheers!” He grinned, lifting his spoon in the air, making Abhira mimic his actions. “On your first big case, Sharma Ji!”

Abhira smiled wide, feeding him from her spoon, prompting Armaan to do the same. They fed each other the cake, laughing and joking the entire time. Once they were done eating, Abhira helped Armaan gather all the necessary documents.

Just as they were leaving the premises, Rohit walked out with a client. Abhira immediately recognized the wretched landlord who had misbehaved with her. Her hand reached up on its own accord, grabbing onto Armaan's sleeve. Armaan turned to her, confused, but one look at her terrified face and he reached up, holding her hand in his. “Hey, I'm here,” he softly whispered. Abhira relaxed a tiny bit at his words, but not enough to stop Armaan from worrying.

As the duo neared them, Abhira's heart beat faster. She wanted to move but couldn't get her legs to do her bidding and stood rooted on the spot. Finally, Rohit and the man noticed the two of them. Abhira could see the instant recognition flash over that wretched person. He halted immediately, his breathing getting louder. It made Abhira stand just a little bit taller, knowing that she had created such a fearful impression. Her tormentor was scared of her. That was a victory in itself.

As the two of them passed Abhira and Armaan by, the man's footsteps hastened and he rushed past them hurriedly. Rohit looked confused for a second but followed his lead. “Don't worry, Mr. Khatri,” he assuaged his client as they waited for the elevator. “Aapko kuch nahi hoga. Yeh case aise hi rafa-dafaa ho jaayega. That property belongs to you. Koi uspe apna haq nahi jama sakta.”

“Thank you, Mr. Poddar,” Abhira's ex-landlord replied, shaking Rohit's hand before he left. Once he was out of sight, Abhira breathed a little easier. Yet, she couldn't calm down completely because apparently this man was Rohit's client. The very same person who had tried to get his hands on her a few weeks ago was now being represented by her brother-in-law. She shivered at the turn of events, unable to help herself.

“Ira,” Armaan called softly, getting extremely anxious by her behaviour. “Kya hua? Batao mujhe.”

Abhira eyed Rohit who was watching their exchange and shook her head. “Not here.” She tugged on Armaan's hand and pulled him with her, walking away without a word. Armaan insisted on stopping at the cafe near the office and Abhira knew he would not rest till he knew what was up. Frankly, she didn't want to keep it from him either. Abhira had thought she was over what had happened, but the way she'd stiffened at the mere sight of the man told her that she hadn't. It was then that she realized that she'd never talked about this with anyone. She hadn't even told Badi Maa and Bade Papa. Maybe, keeping it all bottled up had caused this. She hoped talking to Armaan would help.

“Ab batao mujhe,” Armaan commanded gently as they both sipped their coffees. “Kya hua?”

“Woh… Mr. Khatri,” Abhira whispered. “Rohit's client.”

“What about him?” Armaan enquired.

“He's my ex-landlord,” Abhira informed. “I stayed in a room he owned when I left the house after the divorce.”

Armaan jerked at that, immediately feeling guilty. Those few weeks had been the darkest time of his life. Signing those papers had been the worst mistake he'd ever made. “I'm sorry,” he whispered. “I really hurt you a lot. Meri wajah se tumhe kitna kuch sehna pada. I'm really, really, really sorry. Yakeen maano, Ira… I never wanted to hurt you like this. Maine hamesha sirf tumhaara achcha hai chaha hai, chaahe humaare beech kitna bhi tanaav ho, kitne bhi ladaayi-jhagde ho… Never, not even for a second, have I ever wanted you to be anything less than the cheerful woman I know.”

“I know,” Abhira smiled. “But it's not that, Armaan. Maine iss tarah se isliye nahi react kiya kyunki uss insaan ko dekhke mujhe woh din yaad aa gaye… I mean, yes… Aa gaye, but not in the way you're thinking. Main tumhaari aur Ruhi ki shaadi ke baare mein nahi soch rahi thi.”

“Toh phir? Tum kya soch rahi thi?” Armaan asked, confused.

“That man is a creep, Armaan,” Abhira confessed, unable to look him in the eye. “Woh achcha insaan nahi hai. He's a pervert.”

“What!?” Armaan shouted. He immediately stood up from his chair and pulled Abhira up as well. He pulled her into a tight hug, his hands running all over her body, as if to ensure everything was okay. He pushed her away after a moment, his eyes following the same path as his hands, wanting to make sure that nothing was amiss.

“He didn't hurt me,” Abhira told him. “It's okay, Armaan. Sach mein. He never put his hands on me.” She wasn't sure about the last part, though. There had been that one night where she'd passed out of exhaustion and had opened her eyes to him towering above her. Had he touched her then? She shuddered at the thought.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Armaan asked, hesitant. “Agar tum nahi karna chaahti toh it's okay,” he quickly added. “Main tumhe bilkul force nahi karunga.”

“I do,” Abhira admitted. “Maine yeh baat kisi ko nahi batayi hai. But maybe, I should have. Agar pehle hi mann halka kar liya hota toh shayad aaj usse dekhke main itna darr nahi jaati.”

“Tumhe kisise darrne ki zaroorat nahi hai,” Armaan vowed. “Main hoon tumhaare saath. I swear, Ira. Tumhaare saath main kabhi kuch galat nahi hone dunga. Phir chaahe mujhe apni jaan hi kyun na…” He stopped talking when Abhira kept her hand on his mouth.

“Shut up!” She scolded. “Tumhe pata haina mujhe yeh sab baatein nahi achchi lagti. Armaan, ab tak toh main achche se Mumma ke jaane ke gham se move on bhi nahi kar paayi hoon. Agar tumne mujhe chod diya na, main marr jaungi. Please don't say things like this.”

“I'm sorry,” Armaan apologized, gathering her in his arms, uncaring of the fact that they were in public. “I'm really sorry. Main tumhe chodke kabhi nahi jaunga. I promise.”

Abhira took a deep breath and nodded. “Thank you.”

“Tum kuch keh rahi thi,” Armaan reminded her gently, wanting to get back to their discussion. He needed to know everything. He needed to know every little detail about how Abhira had suffered due to his cowardice. He needed to imprint it in his brain, just to ensure that he would never make such a mistake again.

Abhira exhaled sharply before launching into her sordid tale. She told Armaan about the room she'd rented out in a shady part of the city because that's all that she had been able to afford then. She talked about the landlord and how she would find him in her room at the most inappropriate times. She told him about how she'd walked in on that man sniffing her clothes, how she'd seen him towering over her, how she'd come back from an interview to find him in her room. Throughout her speech, Armaan's hold on her never wavered. Half-way through, she could feel his tears against her skin, but she kept going, knowing that she really needed to get it off her chest.

When she finally told him about how she'd caught him spying on her and had hit him, and had started living in the wedding planner's office soon after, a broken whimper escaped Armaan's lips. Abhira hugged him tight, running her fingers through his scalp, her other hand rubbing soothing circles on his back. “It's okay, Armaan,” she tried to make him feel better. “I handled it. Ab sab theek hai. I'm safe. Mujhe kuch nahi hua.”

“You shouldn't have had to,” Armaan sobbed. “I'm sorry, Abhira. Meri wajah se tumhe kaise din dekhne pade. Aur main kamzarf… Tumse ek baar poocha tak nahi ki tum theek ho bhi yaa nahi. You deserved so much better. Iss tarah tumhe ghar se nikaal diya… Not a single person helped you find a place to live. Upar se Phupha Sa ne kahin job nahi lagne di. I failed you. Meri wajah se pata nahi… Kya-kya ho gaya. Agar uss din woh darinda tumhe kuch kar deta toh? Uske baad bachi-kuchi qasar toh waise hi Phupha Sa ne tumhe bachelor party mein bhejke poori kardi.

Tum… Tum mere saath kyun ho? Kaise seh leti ho mera itne qareeb rehna? Ghinn aa rahi hai mujhe, Abhira. Aur itna gussa aa raha hai. Mujhse battar insaan iss duniya mein kaun hi hoga. I don't deserve you!”

“Hey!” Abhira snapped. “Shut up. Tum kyun khudko blame kar rahe ho? Did you violate my privacy? Did you force me to attend the bachelor party? Nahi na? Toh phir tumhaari galti kaise hui? Don't blame yourself.”

Armaan shook his head. She was the one who had gone through multiple traumatic experiences because of him, and here she was, consoling him. “See, abhi bhi maine sab gadbad kardi. I made this about myself. It's not about me. Main kya feel karta hoon usse koi farq nahi padta. This is about you. About your struggle and your triumph. I'm sorry.”

“Kisna kaha farq nahi padta? Mujhe tumhaari har baat se farq padta hai, Armaan,” Abhira told him.

“Aur mujhe tumhaari har baat se farq padta hai,” Armaan answered. “Tum chinta mat karo. I promise, you will never have to see that man again in your life. Main Rohit se baat karunga. He can't represent that man.”

“Armaan, tum please yeh sab rehne do,” Abhira protested. “Waise bhi tumhaare aur Rohit ke beech itni tension chal rahi hai. Iss wajah se sab aur bigad jaayega.”

“Haan toh theek hai, bigad jaaye,” Armaan declared. “I don't care. Lekin woh neech insaan humaare aas-paas bhi nahi bhatak sakta. I will get a restraining order as well. Main sab theek kar dunga, Ira. I promise.”

Abhira nodded, giving in. Abhira was extremely skeptical about Rohit's agreement, but she didn't want him to represent that man either. If things had been better, the way they had been before Rohit had disappeared, she would have approached him herself. But, ever since he had given Ruhi another chance to make things right, things had been tense between them. Rohit had made no secret of the fact that he felt Abhira was stupid for giving Armaan a chance, no matter that he was doing the exact same thing. He seemed to solely blame Armaan for the entire debacle, even though Ruhi had been an equal, if not more, participant. Abhira could argue that it was Ruhi who had actually set things in motion by agreeing to marry Rohit despite being in love with Armaan. Armaan might have asked her to marry Rohit because he loved his brother so much, but the ultimate decision had been Ruhi's. She could have said no at any point but chose not to. But, Abhira knew that making Rohit understand all of this was useless. He had already declared Armaan the culprit. And her as well now, by association.

Abhira knew that Rohit was hurt by everything that had happened and she also understood his need to distance himself from Armaan for the time being. Yet, she could not deny that it hurt to see that he wasn't even trying. Every chance he got, he would be ready with a taunt or a sneer for the two of them. It was getting harder and harder to believe that this was the same Rohit who had been, not just her jovial brother-in-law, but also one of her closest friends.

She could only hope that time would heal all wounds and fill in all the cracks in their relationships. She had no other choice but to wait for Rohit's anger to diminish, for him to be willing to let Armaan make amends. Hopefully, that day would be soon.

__ __ __

Armaan trudged up the stairs to Rohit's room, his heart in his mouth. His heart had been beating in overdrive ever since Abhira had told him about Khatri, and he had not been to rest since. He'd been trying to speak to Rohit all evening, but there was always someone or the other to interrupt them. Now that dinner was done and everyone had retreated to their respective bedrooms for the night, he hoped he would get some uninterrupted time to make Rohit see that he shouldn't be representing that vile man.

All Armaan could picture was Abhira in that room, being subjected to such horrors but also not being in a position to do anything but defend herself. She hadn't had any money to move out of the room the first chance she got, and had to rely on her boss' kindness to find a roof above her head. Even that had come in the form of a small space in an office, not even a room. While Armaan had been living comfortably in his huge mansion, Abhira had been struggling to find a safe bed to sleep in. He had failed so miserably, not just in keeping his promise to Akshara, but also in protecting the woman he loved. He may not have realized back then, how irrevocably in love he was with Abhira, but she still meant something to him. He had realized that after he'd introspected on his reaction to her false testimony in court. And, even if he felt nothing for her and her mother hadn't asked him to keep her safe, he still should have helped.

He'd made so many mistakes. But he wouldn't make them again. Determined, he knocked on Rohit's door. A moment later, Ruhi stood in front of him. She was surprised to see Armaan, but pleasantly so. She smiled at him, happy to have him visit her. “Hi, Armaan,” she greeted. She waited for him to say something, but Armaan was looking past her, straight at her husband.

“Rohit,” he called softly, completely ignoring her. “Kuch zaroori baat karni thi.”

Rohit rolled his eyes. “Itni raat ko kya kaam hai aapko? Hum kal subah baat kar lenge. Aapki shaadi toot gayi hai iska yeh matlab nahi aap mujhe bhi apni wife ke saath time spend nahi karne denge.”

“Please, Rohit,” Armaan insisted. He was not above begging. Not if it helped his Abhira. “Agar urgent nahi hota toh main iss waqt tujhe aur teri wife ko kabhi disturb nahi karta.”

“It's okay, Rohit,” Ruhi intervened, wanting to take control of the situation. She wanted to make Rohit believe she was an agreeable wife while also helping Armaan and making him see that she was the better choice for him. And, there was an easy way to do it. “I'm sure Armaan keh raha hai toh kuch important hoga. Tum dono baat karlo. I'll wait.”

“Fine,” Rohit gave in. “But not here. Main nahi chaahta ki aap mere room mein aaye.”

“Lekin, Rohit…” Ruhi tried to argue, seeing her plan backfire. How would she know what was going on if they didn't talk in front of her.

“No, Ruhi,” Rohit interrupted. “Woh humaare room mein nahi aa sakte. Aur waise bhi, kaam mujhse haina. Toh tumhe kyun disturb karein?”

“Mere room mein baat karte hain,” Armaan suggested, relieved. He hadn't wanted to speak in front of Ruhi, but hadn't seen any way out without his intentions being construed incorrectly. So, he was glad that Rohit himself had solved the problem for him. Rohit nodded, following Armaan out.

Once in his room, Armaan locked the door and shut the windows. He didn't trust Ruhi to not eavesdrop on them. When he was sure that they had as much privacy as they could, he turned to Rohit.

“Kya hai? Jaldi boliye,” Rohit snarked. “Mujhe aur bhi bohot kaam hai. Sirf aapke liye free nahi hoon main.”

“I know,” Armaan replied. “I know mera koi haq nahi banta, lekin sirf tu hi hai jo meri help kar sakta hai. Tujhse ek favour chahiye tha.”

Rohit scoffed. “Meri biwi toh mujhse cheen hi rahe ho. Aap favour bhi maangoge?”

“Rohit,” Armaan sighed. “Main tujhse kitni baar kahoon? Mujhe teri biwi se koi lena dena nahi hai. I love Abhira.”

“Bhabhi aa gayi hogi aapki baaton mein, but this won't work on me,” Rohit reiterated. “I don't trust you. Khair, woh chodiye. Favour kya chahiye?”

Armaan took a deep breath, calming himself before speaking. “Woh insaan jiske saath tu aaj tha… Khatri. Is he a client?”

Rohit nodded, confused. “Haan, kyun?”

“Rohit… Woh aadmi sahi nahi hai,” Armaan confessed. “He's a pervert. Woh chup-chupke ladkiyon ke room mein jaata hai, unki cheezein choota hai, he spies on them.”

Rohit was surprised at the information. “What?”

“Yes,” Armaan pressed. “Woh achcha insaan nahi hai. He's a creep. Tu uska case mat lad. Please.”

Oh, so this was what it was about. Rohit snorted. “Toh yeh baat hai.”

“Kya baat hai?” Armaan questioned.

“Aapse meri tarakki dekhi nahi jaa rahi,” Rohit accused. “Dadi Sa ne mujhe aapka cabin diya, aapke cases diye, toh aapse saha nahi gaya na. Isliye, mere pehle bade case mein issues create kar rahe hain!”

“Rohit…” Armaan breathed, shocked. “Tu… Tu yeh sab kya bol raha hai? Do you understand what I'm saying? That man is bad news.”

“Listen, woh apna neeji zindagi mein jo bhi kare, mujhe usse kya?” Rohit questioned. “Yeh maamla unke behaviour ka nahi hai. A tenant is wrongly occupying his flat.”

“Are you sure about that?” Armaan scoffed. “Kya pata he's lying.”

“Even if he's lying, kya farq padta hai?” Rohit wondered. “He's my client and case jeetna meri responsibility hai.”

“Rohit, that man misbhaved with Abhira!” Armaan finally burst out, unable to keep it in any longer. “He tried to…” Armaan couldn't even finish the thought, panicking out of his mind. What if Abhira hadn't been strong enough to fend him off? He didn't even want to think about it.

Rohit was stunned at the revelation. No matter his issues with both Armaan & Abhira, he would never wish something like that on anyone. Yet, he couldn't let this case go. This was the first client he'd gotten on his own, not a client who had been Armaan's leftovers. If he gave up this case, it would be perceived as a weakness against him. He was trying to gain his footing in the firm, but it was extremely difficult. Armaan had left behind some pretty big shoes to fill and Rohit was struggling under all the pressure. If he gave up now, no one would respect him.

“I'm sorry that Bhabhi had to go through that,” Rohit acknowledged. “Lekin, yeh baat alag hai. This case is extremely important to me. Main yeh nahi chod sakta.”

“Rohit, please,” Armaan begged. “Ek ehsaan karde mujhpe. I promise main tujhse zindagi mein phir kabhi kuch nahi maangunga. But please… Let this case go. I'm begging you.”

“I'm sorry,” Rohit apologized. “I can't help you.”

Rohit walked out of the room after that, not sparing Armaan another glance. As he walked back to his room, Rohit failed to understand the far-reaching consequences this one decision would have in his life, blowing everything away like a house of cards.

-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Omg thank you so much!!! Always love to see mishbir fans turning up as abhimaan fans too!! So glad you're enjoying the story. <3

absolutely no worries!! I urgently need more mishbir stuff - any suggestions of your own work or others?
loved this chapter! Can’t wait to see how this changes things up!

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Rehanna-

absolutely no worries!! I urgently need more mishbir stuff - any suggestions of your own work or others?
loved this chapter! Can’t wait to see how this changes things up!

I do have a mishbir fic on wattpad but it's incomplete and I haven't had the motivation to write more on it. The last chapter wasn't really a cliffie though, if you want to read. It's called Marham Dard Par. Haven't seen any fics for the past couple years, but you can try out fics by watsonvalerie2624 and anonymousshah on wattpad if you haven't yet!

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I loved this chapter since it focused more on Abhimaan rather than everyone else. As much as I am glad that Abhira has a family that also values Armaan and has become his family too, I love reading more about abhimaan and their dynamics. I always wanted Armaan to know what Abhira went through when she was living alone after he divorced her and she was unceremoniously kicked out by Poddars. I was bummed that creepy landlord vaghera ke baare mein he never got to know on the show. so I am glad you included that here. I also loved the small details like Abhira knowing what his fav pastry is without him telling her. She notices his likes and dislikes just like he does hers.

chinnuu_20 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMGThings

I do have a mishbir fic on wattpad but it's incomplete and I haven't had the motivation to write more on it. The last chapter wasn't really a cliffie though, if you want to read. It's called Marham Dard Par. Haven't seen any fics for the past couple years, but you can try out fics by watsonvalerie2624 and anonymousshah on wattpad if you haven't yet!

Are these Mishbir fics?

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

I loved this chapter since it focused more on Abhimaan rather than everyone else. As much as I am glad that Abhira has a family that also values Armaan and has become his family too, I love reading more about abhimaan and their dynamics. I always wanted Armaan to know what Abhira went through when she was living alone after he divorced her and she was unceremoniously kicked out by Poddars. I was bummed that creepy landlord vaghera ke baare mein he never got to know on the show. so I am glad you included that here. I also loved the small details like Abhira knowing what his fav pastry is without him telling her. She notices his likes and dislikes just like he does hers.

I do try to focus on Abhimaan dynamics, but majorly, just want to show how having a family that supports and accepts them makes their lives better and helps them distance from the Poddars. Now that this whole thing is being set up, there will be more involvement of Mishbir in everything, but in between everything, there will definitely be more Abhimaan moments where they are leaning on each other through this whole mess & also finding time to be a couple.

Even I was bummed that we never got to see Armaan finding out how difficult Abhira had it during that time when she wasn't living with the Poddars, which is why I included this bit. It only helps that this sub-plot ties well into a larger arc which helps Armaan see that the Poddars aren't truly trustworthy. I feel that he's become so used to this treatment for himself that he will only see the light when he sees how badly Abhira is suffering cause of their decisions.

Glad you liked the chapter!! Thank you so much for your constant encouraging comments. They really mean the world! 💞

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: chinnuu_20

Are these Mishbir fics?

Yes! All of them are mishbir fics! 🥰

DMGThings thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

Chapter Eighteen

Abhira looked up from her file when there was a knock on her door. She smiled seeing Mishti standing there. “Kya main andar aa sakti hoon?”

“Aap pooch kyun rahin hain, Badi Maa?” Abhira laughed. “Aapko pata hai aap kabhi bhi aa sakti hain.”

“Pooch lena chahiye,” Mishti giggled. “Kya pata tera aashiq milne aaya ho.”

“Kya, Badi Maa! Aap bhi pareshaan karoge ab?” Abhira pouted. “Aur waise bhi… Armaan aayega toh aapko pata chal hi jaayega na.”

“Aisa zaroori thodi hai,” Mishti countered. “Agar woh chupke khidki se aaya ho toh?”

“Yeh sab ulti-seedhi harkatein main karti hoon,” Abhira chuckled. “Khadoosmaan nahi. Woh toh darwaaze se hi aata hai.”

“Yeh special trait hai humaari family ka,” Mishti confessed, smiling brightly. “Main hi aise chupke Abir se milne jaati thi. Woh toh bohot rarely aata tha.”

Abhira guffawed. “Aap dono jaise ho, mujhe lagta tha yeh sab karne ka department Bade Papa ka hai. Aap toh ekdum serious type ke ho, like Armaan. Bade Papa hi hai mere jaise Badbad Gadbad Express.”

“Yeh toh teri baat sahi hai,” Mishti agreed. “Lekin main itni bhi boring nahi hoon!”

“Of course,” Abhira nodded frantically.

“Yeh le,” Mishti finally said, passing Abhira a bowl. “Badam ka halwa banaya tha.”

“Wow!” Abhira cried, taking the bowl with eager hands. “Mumma ka favourite tha,” she commented with a soft smile.

“Mujhe pata hai,” Mishti whispered. “Aaj uski bohot yaad aa rahi thi… Toh socha bana lu.”

Abhira hugged Mishti, resting her head on Mishti's shoulder. “I miss her too. Everyday.”

“I know,” Mishti sighed. A moment later, she pulled back from the hug and cupped Abhira's cheek. “Tu theek haina?”

Abhira shrugged. “Mujhe kya hoga?”

“Don't,” Mishti commanded gently. “Itna sab ho gaya pichle kuch dinon mein. I know tu Armaan ke saath share karti hai. But, agar tujhe mujhse ya Abir se kuch kehna hai… You know we're always here for you.”

“I know, Badi Maa,” Abhira assured. “Sach kahun toh main ab tak sab kuch process hi kar rahi hoon.

Aapko pata hai… Goenka family mein na, mujhe koi khaas pasand nahi karta. Ruhi aur mere beech hamesha se differences rahe hain, mujhe uske aur Armaan ke past ke baare mein pata chala uske bhi pehle se. Aur Mrs. Goenka ko bhi main achchi nahi lagti. Shayad isliye kyunki mere aur Ruhi mein hamesha itne problems rahe hain. But… Mr. Goenka. He was different. Pehli baar unse mili thi tabse aisa lagta tha jaise mera unse gehra rishta hai. Ab jaake samajh aa raha hai ki mujhe aisa kyun laga ki woh mere apne hain. Par, sach toh yehi haina ki unse zyada paraya shayad mera aur koi nahi hai.”

“Gudiya,” Mishti breathed, pulling her into another hug. “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.”

“Aap sorry kyun bol rahe ho? Aapne kya kiya hai?” Abhira asked. “Jo kuch bhi kiya woh Mr. Goenka aur unki family ne kiya. Isme aapki koi galti nahi hai. In fact, aap soch bhi nahi sakte how grateful I am ki aapne mujhe sab kuch bata diya. Yeh itni badi baat hai… It could not have stayed hidden forever. Kisi na kisi din mujhe sab pata chal hi jaata. But, aapne khud mujhe bata diya, toh kam dhakka laga. Aap, Bade Papa, aur Armaan saath the toh main sambhal gayi, Badi Maa. Warna pata nahi main kaise khudko handle karti.”

“Hum toh hamesha hi tere saath hain,” Mishti promised.

“I know,” Abhira smiled. “Aap hain tabhi toh main yeh important decisions itni easily le paa rahi hoon. Kyunki mujhe pata hai ki agar maine koi bhi gadbad ki, toh aap sambhaal loge.”

“You're right,” Mishti agreed. “Main aur Abir hain sab handle karne. Tu bilkul kisi cheez ki tension mat le.”

A moment later, Mishti added, “Armaan ne bataya mujhe… Ki tu Goenkas ke saath rishta nahi rakhna chaahti.”

“Aapne mere peeche usko jasoosi karne lagaya hua kya?” Abhira tried to joke out of the unspoken question.

“Heera,” Mishti reprimanded.

“Fine,” Abhira gave in. “Haan, I don't want to speak to them. Mere aur unka bas yeh rishta hai ki Ruhi Armaan ke bhai ki wife hai. That's it. Aur isse zyada mujhe unse koi taaluq nahi rakhna.”

“Are you sure?” Mishti questioned.

“Badi Maa, they gave up on Mumma jab unhe family ki sabse zyada zaroorat thi. Aapko pata hai, mujhe lagta tha ki main kitni unlucky hoon ki meri koi family nahi hai. But mujhse zyada unlucky toh Mumma hai. Unki itni badi family thi phir bhi woh akeli thi.

Mumma ne unke liye itne sacrifices kiye but that family never appreciated her. Woh bas yehi expect karte gaye ki har baar Mumma apna sab kuch unpe luta degi. But they never did the same for her. Ab sochti hoon toh mujhe lagta hai ki achcha hi hua jo Mumma ne woh ghar chod diya. Pata nahi unke saath badi hoti toh meri life kaisi hoti,” she shuddered at the thought.

“Aur, mujhe Mumma pe bhi gussa aata hai,” Abhira continued. “They never appreciated Mumma lekin Mumma ne kabhi unka saath dena nahi choda. Even on her deathbed she was thinking about that family. Uss ghar mein unki koi qadr nahi hai lekin unhe phir bhi sirf unka khayal aaya.

Mujhe bohot gussa aata hai, Badi Maa. Agar uss waqt Mr. Goenka ke badle Mumma ne aapko ya Bade Papa ko phone kiya hota toh meri zindagi bohot alag hoti.”

“Alag toh zaroor hoti,” Mishti nodded in agreement. “Lekin phir… Kya tu aur Armaan aaj saath hote?”

“What?” Abhira mumbled, confused.

“Heera, Akshu ne teri aur Armaan ki shaadi sirf isliye karwayi kyunki woh nahi chaahti thi uske jaane ke baad tu akeli rahe. Agar main aur Abir wahaan aa jaate, woh kabhi tum dono ki shaadi nahi karaati. Phir, shayad tu aur Armaan aaj saath nahi hote,” Mishti explained.

Abhira sucked in a sharp breath. Mishti was right. If things had unfolded in a different way, she would have not been married to Armaan and neither would they have fallen in love with each other. Did it make her a selfish person if she was grateful with this course of her life? If her mother had reached out to her Badi Maa, she knew that her mother's final moments would've been more peaceful. But, in not doing that, her mother had given her the love of her life.

“You're not selfish,” Mishti murmured softly.

“Huh?” Abhira turned to her in askance.

“You're not selfish for being grateful for Armaan,” Mishti told her. “Akshu shayad pehle se samajh gayi thi ki tu aur Armaan ek doosre ke liye bilkul sahi life partners ho. So, don't feel bad that you have Armaan. Woh tujhe jaise bhi mila ho, woh ab tera hai, Heera. And you are allowed to be happy about that. Akshu bhi yehi chaahegi.”

Abhira nodded gratefully, wrapping her arms around Mishti. “Waise, Armaan ne mujhe bhi kuch bataya hai,” Abhira said, wanting to change the topic.

“Achcha? Kya?” Mishti indulged Abhira.

“Woh… Job offer ke baare mein,” Abhira clarified.

“Aaahh,” Mishti nodded. “Yes. Abir aur mujhe lagta hai he'll be a perfect fit. Tujhe kya lagta hai?”

“Lagta toh mujhe bhi yehi hai,” Abhira confirmed. “Aur Armaan bhi offer se kaafi khush hai. It's just that…”

“Uski family,” Mishti finished. Abhira nodded.

“Don't worry,” Mishti comforted. “It's just an option. Armaan haan hi kahe aisi koi shart nahi hai. Aakhri faisla toh uska hi hoga. And, there's no time limit. Woh jitna chaahe utna waqt le sakta hai. There's no pressure.”

“I know,” Abhira smiled. “Armaan se bhi maine yehi kaha.”

“Good,” Mishti smiled.

“Kya baatein ho rahi hai?” Abir's question pulled their attention to him as he entered the room.

“Bade Papa!” Abhira cried happily, opening her arms for a hug which she promptly got. Abir squeezed her tight, rocking them for a moment.

“Tum dono har din aise milte ho jaise ghanto baad nahi saalo baad mil rahe ho,” Mishti teased once they'd stepped back from the hug.

“Haan toh? Tumhe koi problem hai kya? Ab apni beti ko gale bhi nahi laga sakta main?” Abir fired questions at his wife.

Mishti shook her head, laughing fondly. “Sorry, Mr. Rajvansh! Aap kijiye jo aapko karna hai.”

“Oh, thank god aapne permission dedi, Mrs. Agarwal Rajvansh. Warna main kya karta?” Abir taunted, making Abhira laugh. “Aap dono kitne cute ho!” She commented.

“Main toh paida hi cute hua tha,” Abir agreed. “Haan, iska mujhe pata nahi!” He pointed to Mishti.

“Hawwww, you! Ajeeb Rajvansh!! Main tumse zyada cute hoon!” Mishti argued.

“Main tumse zyada cute hoon, Angry Chorni!” Abir argued. “Yeh baat tum bhi jaanti ho!”

“I think, main aap dono se zyada cute hoon,” Abhira cut in. “Toh aap log faltu mein hi lad rahe hain. Cutest hone ka prize toh mujhe hi milega na!”

“Hmmm, yeh baat toh teri bilkul sahi hai, Heera!” Mishti exclaimed. To Abir, she asked, “Waise tum yahaan kyun aaye ho? Yeh Badi Maa and Gudiya Rani time hai!”

“Tha,” Abir retorted. “Ab yeh Badi Maa, Gudiya Rani, and Bade Papa time bann gaya hai!”

“Abiiiiiiiiir,” Mishti whined. “Tum baad mein aana. Mujhe kabhi time nahi milta akele. Tum har baar aa jaate ho!”

“Toh? Yeh toh mera haq hai!” Abir shrugged. “Main toh kahin nahi jaunga!”

Mishti harrumphed at that. “Badi Maaaaaa,” Abhira coaxed. “Theek haina! Baithne dijiye Bade Papa ko. Waise bhi, achcha hua aap dono yahaan ho. Mujhe aap dono se kuch baat karni thi. Actually, thodi advise chahiye thi.”

“Haan, beta. Bol na. Kya hua? Sab theek toh hai?” Abir fired questions at her.

“Abir! Tum bolne doge toh woh bolegi na!” Mishti interrupted. “Ek minute usse kehne do.” To Abhira, she said, “Haan, Heera. Tu bata. Kya advise chahiye?”

“Woh, actually… Dikhana zyada easy hai,” Abhira murmured. She rummaged into her bag and pulled out a stack of documents, presenting it to the couple.

“Yeh kya hai?” Mishti questioned, taking the papers from her.

“It's a legal notice,” Abhira whispered softly, afraid to speak the words out loud.

“Notice?” Abir echoed. “Kisse?”

“Mr. Manish Goenka ko,” Mishti answered for Abhira, glancing at the paperwork in her hand. It stated that Abhira was suing them for property.

“Heera, yeh kya hai?” Abir questioned, ruffling through the documents. “Tu unpe aisa case kyun karna chaahti hai? Yahaan tujhe koi kami hai kya?”

“Nahi, nahi,” Abhira hastily assured. “Mujhe kisi cheez ki koi kami nahi hai. In fact, zaroorat se zyada kya, aap sabne toh itna kuch diya hai ki main sapne mein bhi imagine nahi kar sakti.”

“Toh phir tu yeh sab kyun kar rahi hai?” Abir pressed. It took Abhira a moment to realize that he wasn't questioning her integrity. He was just curious. He wanted to know what had made Abhira decide to take this step, not call her out for making this decision.

After being accused of so many cruel things at the hands of the Poddar family, it was such a welcome change for her. She was not being interrogated as if she were a culprit. She was being asked things because she was a member of the family and they wanted to understand her motivations, not judge her without knowing them.

“Main property ke liye sue nahi karna chaahti,” Abhira explained. “Mujhe sirf Nani ki dance academy chahiye. Uspe unka koi haq nahi hai. Woh meri Nani ki yaadein hain. Unhone toh waise hi Nani ko bhula diya na… Sirat Aunty ke saath aage badh gaye sabke sab. Toh ab Nani ki cheezon ko aise dil se lagaake kyun baithe hain?

Nani ki academy, unki aakhri nishaani hai. Uspe unke baad Mumma ka haq tha. Aur Mumma ke baad mera hai. Main Mumma ka aur apna haq nahi chodungi. Mujhe baaki property, jewelry, paise… Kisi cheez mein koi interest nahi hai. Lekin jo Nani ka tha, jo Mumma ka tha… Woh mujhe waapas chahiye.

Jab woh meri Mumma ko apni family ka hissa nahi maante, toh unhe meri Mumma ki cheezein apne paas rakhne ka right nahi hai. Itne saal unhone rakh liya, kyunki Mumma ne kabhi apna haq nahi jataaya. Lekin, jo galti Mumma ne ki, woh main nahi karungi.

Mumma ne uss family ke liye bohot sacrifice kiye, but main Mumma jitni achchi nahi hoon. Main apna sab kuch unn logon ke liye nahi chodungi jo meri Mumma ki kabhi value nahi kar paaye.”

“Abhira,” Mishti breathed, immediately wrapping her in an embrace.

“Kya maine kuch galat socha, Badi Maa?” Abhira asked softly, a little afraid of the answer. She had been debating this for a few days before deciding that she did want to do it. She had looked up the academy. Once a hub of budding artists and a centre of culture, the academy lay wilting now with none of the Goenka family members having any time for it. They had let Naira Nani's life's work go to waste so easily.

She would do better, she decided. She would restore the academy to its former glory. She wouldn't let her grandmother's legacy be forgotten so easily. Once upon a time, that academy had been a flourishing melting pot of people from all over the country, finding their passion and making beautiful art. It would do that once again.

Abhira knew it would be no easy feat to achieve what she wanted. She didn't even know if Mr. Manish Goenka would hand over the place to her without a fuss or would they be embroiled in a lawsuit for years. But, nonetheless, come hell or high water, she would do it.

But, to do it, she first needed to make sure Abir & Mishti were on-board. They were her moral compass. She knew that they would never steer her incorrectly. They would never knowingly let her make a mistake.

“Tu kuch galat nahi kar rahi.” It was Abir who broke first. “You're absolutely right. Jab woh Naira Di aur Akshu ki koi parwaah nahi karte, jab unhone ek din teri parwaah nahi ki, toh kya zaroorat hai unke baare mein itna sochne ki? That school, by right, belongs to you.

Akshu ne bohot kuch sacrifice kiya apni life mein, sirf isliye kyunki usse support karne koi nahi tha, uski side lene koi nahi tha. Lekin, jo Akshu ke saath hua woh main tere saath kabhi nahi hone dunga. Ek beti ko maine bohot niraash kiya uski poori zindagi, lekin doosri ko nahi karunga. Main yeh galti nahi dohraunga.”

“Main bhi nahi,” Mishti murmured in agreement. “Woh academy teri hai. Aur apni cheez maangne se darrna nahi chahiye. Tu kar tujhe jo karna hai. Hum dono tere saath hain.”

“Thank you!” Abhira exclaimed, hugging them both tight. “Thank you, thank you so much! Aap dono mere saath ho, toh mujhe kisi cheez ka darr nahi hai. Mujhe pata hai ki agar mera faisla galat hota toh aap dono mujhe kabhi yeh sab nahi kehte.

Lekin, aap dono ne mujhe apna aashirwaad diya… Ab mujhe poora yakeen hai, ki yeh academy mujhe jaldi mil jaayegi. Aur phir… Hum sab milke Naira Nani ka sapna poora karenge. Right?”

“Right!” Abir & Mishti chorussed.

Abhira finally breathed freely, content to have the support she needed.

__ __ __

Armaan looked over the papers Abhira had shown him before saying, “I trust you. Tumne kuch sochke hi yeh decision liya hoga. I fully support you, Ira. Waise bhi, yeh academy tumhaari Nani ki hai. Ispe tumhaara haq hai. I'm really proud ki tum apne liye lad rahi ho.

Tum hamesha mere liye stand leti ho, tumne Krish ke liye ghar mein sabse ladaayi ki, Charu ke liye ki. Maa aur Papa ke rishtey ke liye tumne itna kuch kiya. Lekin, jab tum hamesha khud ke liye stand lene se peeche hatt jaati ho na, mujhe bilkul achcha nahi lagta. Tum sabke liye ladti ho, toh khud ke liye kyun nahi?

But, aaj… Pehli baar, I'm seeing you take such a staunch stance for yourself. And I'm really very proud. Hamesha apne haq ke liye ladna, Ira. And I promise, I will always support you in this journey.”

Abhira grinned, hugging Armaan tight. “Thank you, Armaan. Tum sahi keh rahe ho. Mujhe apne liye stand lena seekhna hoga. Pata hai, Mumma ne hamesha mujhe apni respect karna sikhaya, lekin family ke aage main haar jaati hoon. Par, main dheere-dheere seekh rahi hoon. I'm learning. And hopefully, ek din main seekh jaungi. This is just the first step.”

“Bohot tamasha hoga,” Armaan warned. “Yeh baat chupi nahi rahegi. Goenka House se Poddar Mansion mein phailne mein waqt bilkul nahi lagega. Are you ready?”

“Tum ho na mere saath?” Abhira asked him.

“Always,” Armaan promised.

“Phir bas,” Abhira smiled. “I'm ready. Mujhe pata hai yeh asaan nahi hoga, Armaan. But I need to do this.”

“Of course,” Armaan agreed. “Aur tum yeh kar bhi logi. Badi Maa, Bade Papa, aur main… Hum teeno hamesha tumhaare saath hain.”

Abhira nodded against his shoulder, not saying anything. A few moments later, Armaan broke the peaceful silence surrounding them. “Tumhe kuch batana tha.”

“Bolo,” Abhira encouraged.

Armaan tightened his arms around Abhira, taking a deep breath. It broke his heart to do this, but he had to. He had to tell her. He'd been scrambling for days, trying to get Rohit to drop that case, but all of it had been in vain. After Rohit's refusal, he had spoken to Manoj. Understanding the gravity of the situation, both of them had tried to make Kaveri see that Rohit should give up on the case, but Kaveri had refused to listen to their reasons. She had sternly stated that no client would be turned away at the firm. Her statement had been backed by both Sanjay & Rohit. In the end, Khatri had stayed on, and Armaan was unable to stop it.

“Kya baat hai, Armaan? Tum itne tensed kyun ho?” Abhira asked gently, running her palms up & down his back in a comforting gesture. “Jo bhi ho, we'll figure it out together. Okay?”

“Ira… Woh… Actually,” Armaan fumbled. “Woh Khatri…”

Abhira sighed. She could easily deduce what Armaan was trying to say. “Rohit ne case nahi choda na?”

Armaan shook his head mutely, not knowing what to say. “It's okay,” Abhira assured him.

“It's not!” Armaan argued. “Maine usse bataya ki main kyun chaahta hoon woh case na lade, usne phir bhi mana kar diya. Aur Dadi Sa ne bhi uska saath dena hi sahi samjha. That man doesn't deserve to be represented in court. This is wrong!”

“Armaan! Relax!” Abhira replied. “Tum itne hyper mat ho jao. It's okay. Mujhe pata tha aisa hi kuch hoga. Tum Rohit se baat karne itni zidd kar rahe the isliye maine zyada kuch kaha nahi lekin mujhe koi hope nahi thi ki woh yeh case jaane dega. So, I'm fine.”

“But I'm not!” Armaan exclaimed. “Tumhe koi hope nahi hogi. But mujhe thi. Mujhe laga ki mere aur Rohit ke beech chaahe kitni bhi differences ho… Iss maamle mein at least woh meri baat samjhega. Usne ekdum se mana kar diya, Ira. I never thought my brother could be so heartless.”

And that, Abhira realized, was the crux of the matter. Armaan had been disappointed by his family, his brother. While Abhira had no hopes from that family, Armaan did. Despite everything that happened, Armaan still loved them. And, of course he did. That was his family. The people who had raised him, made him the man he was. Of course, he loved them. Of course, he had expectations from them, small as they might be. To be turned away had to hurt. Abhira knew that better than anyone. After all, she had also been shunned, time and again, by that very same family.

Yet, she had also always craved their acceptance, their love and support. There was once a time, not too long ago, when she used to think that she would be able to make a place for herself in their hearts, that she could truly become a part of their family. She had continuously tried so hard to do it too.

But, that was before she met Abir & Mishti. Before she met the rest of the Rajvansh family. Before she realized what family actually was, what it meant when people accepted you whole-heartedly for who you were, and loved you despite your flaws. Every single day that she spent with this family, her family, made her see the cracks in the foundation of the Poddars.

Yes, most of the family members did like her. Some of them genuinely loved her as well. But, at the end of the day, that love didn't matter, because none of them, barring Armaan, had ever been brave enough to stand up to their matriarch. Before Mishti, Abhira used to think that the tight grip that Kaveri had on her family was just her way of making sure that they were all happy & safe. She thought it was a mark of concern, of love. But then, she'd seen how Mishti behaved. Mishti let everyone make their own decisions, she let them make their own mistakes. As their elder, and the unequivocal head of the house, she provided only advice and guidance. She never tried to control anyone, especially not the way Kaveri did.

And, that ironclad grip made it difficult for the family to live their own lives. They all lived only to appease their beloved mother and grandmother. But, Abhira wasn't blind. She did see how Armaan was treated in that house as well. He was the one they all turned to when they were in trouble, expecting him to drop everything to help them out. And when he did do that, he was never appreciated. It had been his duty, after all, as the eldest son. He wasn't allowed to have his own hopes or dreams or even opinions. Armaan was expected to blindly follow orders and do nothing else. He wasn't allowed to make mistakes. Nothing short of absolute perfection was acceptable. Sometimes, even then, he would fall short.

Armaan carried the weight of all their expectations and demands, but he wasn't allowed the same. He wasn't allowed to ask for anything. On the off chance he did ask, he would be turned away if it didn't benefit them. Just like he'd been turned away when he'd expressed his desire to marry her. Or like he'd been turned away now, when he had asked for a case to be let go.

Abhira had known. The moment Armaan had said he'd speak to Rohit about it, she had known that Rohit would never let the case go. After all, doing that would be detrimental to his budding career, and would result in monetary loss for the firm. Rohit gained nothing other than his brother's appreciation for doing that. But, Armaan's appreciation was currency worse than dirt in that house. The loss, though? That was too big. For Rohit & for the firm. So, she had known.

She had also worried about how it would affect Armaan's relationship with Rohit. Because, while Abhira was finally starting to see through the Poddars, Armaan hadn't yet. His emotional connection to them was far deeper than hers had ever been. It wouldn't be so easy for him to realize that the way they treated him, especially Kaveri, Sanjay, Vidya, and Rohit, was unacceptable. He still loved them and cared for them. And Abhira understood, because despite everything, she did too.

She was beginning to resent them, sure. But, the Poddars were still the family that had given her shelter when she had nowhere to go. She had formed some very special bonds in that family too - her chorus gang, her chachi sa, her chachu sa, and her papa. They would always be extremely special to her. Even Vidya was coming around and Abhira hoped that maybe they would share a good relationship down the line. But, Abhira had no hopes from anyone else.

The same couldn't be said for Armaan. And that broke her heart, because she wasn't sure the love he gave those people would ever be reciprocated. But, she would be there for him. And her family would be there for him. They would all fill the void of a loving & caring family in his life.

She knew that Abir & Mishti completely adored Armaan. As did all of her cousins, aunts, and uncles. Every day, Armaan was strengthening his relationship with all of them, right alongside her. They were both getting to know her family together. It had been so easy to blend in with all of them as a unit. They never batted an eye at their relationship and accepted them. They all loved the two of them individually, and together. There were no conditions attached to their acceptance. They all loved her and they loved him, for who they were. With time, Abhira could only hope that Armaan would notice the difference between them & the Poddars too. But till then, they would all silently support him and provide him with the safe haven he needed. Because they were a family. And that's what family did for each other.