Please watch Saira’s pak adventure!

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Saira Khan's Pakistan Adventure 9pm BBC2

Saira Khan's Pakistan Adventure

BBC's season marking the 60th anniversary of the independence of India and Pakistan, Saira Khan treks across the country her parents imigrated from pakistan during the 60s. Over two programmes, Saira Khan discovers what day-to-day life is really like for Pakistanis and what makes the country tick. Saira begins her adventure in Karachi, and, travelling by car, rickshaw, train, truck and camel, explores Pakistan's culture, religion, history and possible futures. She meets people from all different sections of society, including the country's biggest television star - the transvestite host of a chat show.

Saira Khan has never visited Pakistan before and the first day of the trip just happens to be the Prophet Mohammad's birthday. While Saira explains that the many men on the street are celebrating, she points out that, on the surface, the scene illustrates a common misconception - that the country is a place full of fanatical crowds.

Although her presenting skills did seem a tad amateurish at times, this somehow seemed charming, and gave us a flavour of the country we probably wouldn't have got if a more seasoned traveller had been at the helm.

Particularly touching were her encounters with transvestites, orphans and the inmates of a woman's refuge camp. Compelling stuff.

The two-part documentary's aim is to show the unseen sides of Pakistan, which it successfully does.

To watch or download this video ..u need to go to stage6.com and download divyx web player.. it will automatically download it for u once u go to that website...Here are the links...

Part 1

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Asif_NUS/video/1582477/Saira-Kha ns-Pakistan-Adventure--Part1---by-apnicommunity-com

Part 2

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Asif_NUS/video/1582703/Saira-Kha ns-Pakistan-Adventure--Part2---by-apnicommunity-com

Edited by *Fiza* - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-farah- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sweet but it dsnt wrk for me cud u lz upload it sumwhr else, iv seen the 1st part when it cm on but i missed the 2nd partm i dnt hv dixi movie player thats why it dsnt wrk n my pc wnt let me dwnload it so id appreciate it if u cud upload it in another website

kool thnx

farah ...x...
*Fiza* thumbnail
hi farah!!
i have just tried to upload those two videos from zshare but it can't coz it says the file size shud be less than 100..and those two videos are 408 mb.. so wot shall i do? 😕
-farah- thumbnail
cnt u upload it in dif diff parts i.e. part 1, part 2 ect ect
*Fiza* thumbnail

Originally posted by: farah_rehman

cnt u upload it in dif diff parts i.e. part 1, part 2 ect ect

yeah i did..but each one has a 408 mb size.. do u know any other website where i can upload them?... i was thinking to upload them on rapidshare but then u wud only be able to upload one video in a day... do u know any other website for sharing videos?

-farah- thumbnail
ERM BADABONG OR SUMIN LYK THAT OR THERES MEDIA PUTFILE, AND VIDEO SHARE
zra_88 thumbnail
Saira Khan is my aunty guys - she is my khala - my mothers first cousin
-farah- thumbnail
hey welcome zra_88. Hope u enjoy ur tym on this forum. Oh realy wow that must be good 2 no her.

btw my names farah if u hvnt already guessed it
*Fiza* thumbnail
u can watch it online on this website...

Edited by *Fiza* - 17 years ago
zra_88 thumbnail
Hi Farah nice to hear from you, and thankyou very much for the warm welcome. My name is Zee and I am from UK. I havent met Saira for a while now but we are in touch with her mum etc, but shes doing well, and her career has kicked off amazingly. And in the article it says that it was her first time ever she visited Pakistan, thats actually wrong cause she has visited Pakistan before once before.
anways nice to hear from u