ABHIMAAN - not Armaan and Abhira but AB and JB.

bajarbattu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: a day ago

The depressing track that is going on currently, reminds me of the other ABHIMAAN. The movie Abhimaan starring Amitabh Bacchan and Jaya Bhaduri. There could be so many similarities, that it is not funny.

Just the trope is different. But storyline is heading there.

In the movie, Amitabh Bacchan is a singer of repute and enjoys fandom. He marries Jaya Bhaduri who is secretly a singer too. At first he encourages her to sing publicly, but as she is a much superior singer than AB, her fame overtakes him and he gets sidelined. Then starts the ego play and he AB starts mistreating her, being rude and is always temperamental with her. At some point, JB who is actually a very shy and simple woman, goes into depression and loses touch with reality, when she miscarries their first child. She returns back to her maayka, and leads a very lost and lonely life, till the lightning strikes AB's head and he realises what he has done.

If you have not yet watched the movie, it's a Bollywood classic, with fabulous ek se badhkar ek chart topping melodious songs.

Now coming back to our YRKKH ke ABHIMAAN....

1. Armaan and Abhira share the same occupation.
2. Armaan loves Abhira, but he is a flawed guy, which is what makes this Gen 4 ML the most interesting of all ML's. His flaws are like Kartik's attached to trauma from his childhood. But while Suvarna was foisted on Kartik, and he did not care for her, he was not a neglected child, he never was made to feel inferior in his home. In Armaan's case his trauma is bigger than Kartik's because he has never belonged in Poddar household. He has always been given love in khairaat in lieu of what he can give the Poddar's back.

So if they are showing him going derailed in his mind over this rejection from Vidya, I don't think it is a bad thing. This is typical Inner child gone haywire behaviour. However that does not condone the toxic storyline of Vidya's erratic emotions failaoing Raita in Abhira's life. And is absolutely OTT, and exaggerrated. Now we have just sit back and watch how much more evil they can make her go.

3. Armaan's heart has gone in a freeze. And he unfortunately seems to have turned on his my, me and mine emotional mode. Right now, he is going through a self-worth crisis, where he thinks his existence is from his mother, and if that relation is skewed, then what can he even offer a wife who is so dear to him. In his mind, he has to make things right with the first woman he loved, to be able to love the future woman of his life in the manner she deserves it. This is not toxic behaviour, its just Armaan trying to cope with the trauma of the curse that Vidya bestowed upon Abhimaan.

4. Of course they are showing him being absent minded, rude, argumentative, strict, slightly abusive, stern and disappointed with Abhira, and that is taking a toll on Abhira. With the added pressure of Dadisa's expectations from her new bahu and the stress of Vidya's behaviour + Armaan... I am expecting Ms. Abhira to go into depression soon too. Already she has health issues, upar se yeh family ka stress and the feeling of having your loving husband behaving like a stranger.

Fans on this forum and on youtube have been saying that Abhira should die or have an accident so Armaan can understand her worth.

But I feel physical harm se accha mental depression hai. Because physical stuff heals, mental stuff is not easy on anyone, nor the person who is going through the depression nor the person closest to them.

MY WISHLIST for this depression track (KP):

1. Abhira should slowly slip into her depression, and Armaan should come to know about this at very later stage. Abhira, our chirpy Abhira should just go very silent and her eyes should have that lost look, and when Armaan looks into her eyes he cannot find her soul in it.
2. I want Abhira to be taken away from Armaan by Par Nanu to the Goenka household and be pampered by Sulekha and MG.
3. I also want Armaan to finally realise, what he has thrown away just to be in good books of Vidya again and cry tears of blood. smiley37
4. I want Manisha Chachi and Manoj Chacha to sit with Armaan and give him some home truths about giving clarity to his mother that no amount of curses can effect the loving efforts of determined hearts who believe in the power of their love.
5. I want Dadisa to stop playing games with her family members and be the MATRIARCH of the Poddar family that she needs to be.
6. I want to see Armaan Poddar groveling at Abhira's door for at least a month full of episodes, with his heart in his eyes. And pls DKP don't give us silly groveling like flowers or balloons, but something meaningful and deep.
7. Such that their reunion should be a lesson that Armaan never forgets. He should know that there are losses, and then there are LOSSES. And that if he wants to lead a loving life with Abhira, then he needs to choose what he can afford to lose.

Ab yeh raha mera KP.... is there anybody who can write an FF on these lines?
Thanks for reading.

Edited by bajarbattu - a day ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Posted: a day ago

Hi :)

I remember you used to active during gen 3 phase.

Armaan may be grappling with his own demon, but he clearly knew what he is getting into, he knew his dadi and stepmom are not happy, (Did he automatically expect them to have a change of mind after marriage) There are many cases, where family doesn't want two lovers to get married but they marry with the hope and assurance ki even if family doesn't accept my partner will stand by me.

May be Abhira also thought the same. That she and Armaan together will win their hearts.

Armaan pursued Abhira relentlessly, love bombed her and now that he has got her, he is giving her silent treatment. This is classic abuse, even if that's not his intention.

Abhira, on the other hand, is left to manage the wreckage and mend everything. Now, as she suffers, he is nowhere to be found. Abhira is trying to hold everything together , from dealing with a crazy mother in law who despises her, the pain of being insufficient as she is unable to have children (idk why bearing a child is important but anyways) , and the silent treatment from the one person who should stand by her - her own husband.

Armaan’s emotional absence, silent treatment and his moments of rudeness, are not just flaws - they are acts of abuse. Sometimes abuse might not be intentional, that doesn't justify it.

My post might sound as if I am Armaan/AbhiMaan hater, but I m not. I am neutral towards Armaan, infact even sympathize with him at time. I have always liked Armaan more as a standalone character but as a couple even though Abhimaan have great chemistry their story might be too painful in future. As Abhira Sharma 's fan, I feel loving Armaan is Abhira 's weakness and not strength and will only weaken her more.

I don't mind if Armaan gets redeemed, might support them but as of now No because Silent treatment is borderline abuse.

ashle thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 22 hours ago

I think that grihapravesh drama of Vidya was so impactful that it detailed everything that Armaan and Abhira fought for and built together. He knows family and mom are unhappy with his marriage but never once he imagined in his wildest dreams to be so cruelly abandoned and cursed by his mother whom he considered before his own birth and God. See it has mentally disturbed both of them so much that even after 3 months they are unable to share any intimacy as they get haunted by that curse and all the little passion fizzle out.πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜” In a way they both are trying to protect each other but before they were together facing problems but now they are on their own solving issues. For past two seasons dkp made fl leave be single mother but hopefully this time fl and ml will together leave and make their own family. And later have family redemption and reunion. Both of them are scorned by their own family.

bajarbattu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 22 hours ago

Nope. I am not a Gen3 fan at all.
So I gave these forums a miss for Gen 3.

I am and always will be KAIRA fan. smiley42

Coming to Armaan behaving the way he is behaving... Childhood trauma if not faced can be very very detrimental. I know because I have it. And its not easy to face it. And it comes knocking your door even when you think its dealt with. So I know why Armaan is being portrayed the way he is being right now.

But this is primetime digressive ITV. They are fulfilling the dreams of countless Indian women who imagine themselves in Abhira's shoes, so to make her the mahaan atma the makers could be putting her through the grinder at the hands of her ever so loving husband.

You know I am in the advertising and media industry in real life, and I used to work for a brand management consultancy in Mumbai who used to design packaging for most of Unilevers brands. One of their product is LUX, and the brand tagline for this soap is that it is "filmi sitaron ka saundarya sabun" but tell me how much is a Lux soap sold for?? MRP will not be more than Rs. 20.

This soap is not meant for people who use say a DOVE. the Lux buyer is the house maids, who are working most of the day. The brand story for this soap is told around a kaamwali bai who washes clothes and vessels and does jhadu poccha in many houses and then goes back home and works her ass off the whole day. The only time she gets for herself is when she is taking her bath. In those few moments she is the celebrity of her dreams. And that is why the soap is marketed as Soap for Fim Stars. That Kaamwali bai is the FL of her own life, in those moments.

If you understand the game that is being played in this brand story as positioning for marketing this soap, then you will understand why Armaan is being made out to be a jerk and Abhira is facing all the flak from everyone for actually doing nothing. It is so that women who are buyers of the main sponsors of this show keep being engaged and keep imagining themselves metaphorically in Abhira's shoes.

So when against all odds, Abhira becomes the mahaan atma who suffers through all the taunts and the ill treatment with her sunny countenance, she gives hope to the lakhs of women in India that there lives can improve too. That is how you get Indian women gllued to the TV set watching their fav show. Not to mention emotional and impulsive buyers of all the products that are being advertised during the show.

How much ever we shout and scream the channel and the PH will do only that which maintains this mahaan atma status quo for the FL.

sharadrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Critics

Posted: 21 hours ago

It is such a calming, pleasant and insightful read ..thank you for putting this out here ❀️