Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sajini235 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 20 hours ago

Here goes the fourth chapter. Enjoy reading...

Chapter 4 - The bitter truth

Everyone was waiting impatiently at outside of the ICU. They were waiting for the permission from doctor to see abhira. Doctors themselves told that if might be effective to for her quick recovery. And finally doctor gave them permission to see abhira one by one.

But armaan was unable to bring himself to go to see abhira. His heart was clenching to see her in this condition. He was going to walk away but madhav stopped him. "You were ignoring that poor girl for freaking 3 months. And after what all happened you are still....Why are you doing this armaan?" , madhav asked clearly annoyed with armaan's behavior. "Please papa, I know I did wrong with abhira. I am not able to face her....Please, you guys go and meet her. I will come back in a while.", saying this with teary eyes armaan walked away.

Rohit tried to go after him but madhav stopped him. "Let him be, rohit. He will come back. Lets go and meet abhira." , he sends rohit to others. "I glad that you are finally acknowledging that you did wrong with abhira. But I guess you are yet to understand to which extent the damage is done. I really hope you would realize before its too late. Or is it too late?...",madhav chain of thoughts were broken by manisha who came to take him to see abhira. He glanced at the way armaan went. With sigh, he left with manisha hoping that armaan would realize what went wrong.

At ICU, One by one, family members started to see abhira.

First, it was manisha's turn. As she saw abhira lying lifelessly on the bed, tears started to fall down from her eyes. Her heart ached to see her cutie, the sunshine girl like this. She started talking to her. " Hi, cutie. Its your cool chachisa here. I know you don't like waking up early in the morning but this is too much. You can't sleep like this. Get up my baby.... You know that I always considered you as my daughter just like kiara. I know you are extremely hurt with armaan's and jethani sa's behavior. I can't tell anything about jethani sa but armaan do love you a lot, beta. He has been always trained to feel indebted to the love and acceptance he got from this family despite it being his right. He is grateful to jethani sa for accepting her husband's first wife's son as according to maa sa, his biological mother was never a part of this family. He thinks that his existance in this family depends on jethani sa's acceptance which is a white lie. He is really hurt that's why he was behaving like that. But I do understand your pain also. Armaan's pain doesn't give him a free pass to hurt you. He is definitely wrong. You have all the rights to punish him. Infact, we will support you in that...", chuckling through tears..." But don't punish us beta. We all are dying to hear the sound of your laughtera agian. Please wake up...", manisha couldn't talk futher. She ran out of ICU room and started crying while hugging manoj.

After controlling herself, "Mannu , you also go and talk to abhira",manisha said. "I can't meenu...I...just can't...". But why mannu?",manisha was surprised. "I just can't bring myself to face her. I always considered abhira as my daughter. Yet I couldn't take a stand for her when both jethani sa and armaan were doing injustice with that poor child. She was the only one who trusted and motivated me when my mother herself considered me as a failure. She helped me to find my lost confidence but I silently let her confidence die when she was being treated unfairly. I failed that poor girl...",saying this manoj started crying.

Manoj's word hit hard for everyone out there. Abhira never hesitated to take a stand and support any of them when they being mistreated but did they do the same for her? Yes, they did support her through this 3 months tough time and tried cheer her up. But was that enough? Abhira was dealing with so much alone but yet put a smile on her face just to hide her pain. She was always there for them but were they, in real sense? "Yes, chacha sa. You are right. We failed bhabhi as a family.", rohit accepted as he also began to understand the depth of abhira's pain. Ruhi closed her eyes tightly trying to swallow this bitter truth. Madhav slowly wiped his tears as he has to accept what monoj told was raw truth.

Kaveri who was silently watching all this, understood that foundation of the relationships of her family has started to crack. Not because of that ladki, but because of her insensitive daughter in law and her stupid grandson. For the first time, she also felt like she was wrong to let that ladki endure all this. It was not her fault that she can't concieve. It was armaan's decision to marry her ever after knowing that despite knowing vidya isn't happy with that. Yes, she was not super happy with their marriage but now if armaan has taken the responsibility to be with that girl for the rest of the life, he has to be true to his promise. She has to talk to both armaan and vidya. She can neither her family break or lose a valueble asset like that like ladki, for the sake of firm. She slowly left from there.

Then Chorus gang+rohit also met their pyaari bhabhi. They reminded her of their good time together, thanked her for standing up for them and said sorry for not being able to do much to reduce her pain...

Then it was madhav's turn. "You know beta. I always wanted a girl. After rohit, I really wished for a girl but vidya ruined everything by holding life long grudges against my past, armaan's real mother who was literally dead. Then you came, the daughter I never had, but always wanted to. You were the only one who always didn't judgeed me for my choices, the only person with whom I could talk my heart out but I couldn't be the same for you. I failed you my child. I am sorry. But please if not for us, wake up for yourself. So that you can start a fresh and live the life that you deserve, even if it means you being away from us...", madhav said trying to control his tears.

Then it was ruhi's turn. "Do you know abhira? I started to love you even before you were born. I was excitedly waiting for you to come to this world so that I can become the best sister ever. But destiny had other plans. After getting over my bloodly stupid so called love for armaan, I found that lost dream of mine with you. Maybe that's why I couldn't hate you even when I held maasi responsible for my mathashree's death. I took an oath with your brother to protect you, love you and give all the happiness in this world to you. But I failed terriblely. Please forgive me and just give me one chance. I promise I will protect you. Please wake up."...

Just like armaan, there was another person who couldn't gather courage to face abhira. And that was Manish. He was praying for abhira with folded hands in front of god. "Hey bhagawan, my poor child, abhira has endured a lot in her life. I know she is strong but you can't just keep writing only sorrow in her life. She deserves all the happiness in this world. Don't be unfair to her. I know I have done so many mistakes and I am ready for my punishment even if it is seeing hatred in my child's eyes for me. But please save her."... Swarna was also crying by his side who's guilt was much weigher than him. Surekha tried to console both of them while crying herself.

Ruhi came out an saw an anxious rohit calling someone. When asked he replied that he was trying to contact armaan who was missing for a while. Both of them accompanied by krish went to look for him only to find him sitting alone on a bench in the outside premises of hospital. Ruhi suddenly felt a rage of anger seeing armaan there instead of being with abhira. She doesn't knew if it was her emotional breakdown due to pregnancy or something else but she was hell angry on armaan. Before rohit could stop her, she marched towards armaan and stood in front of him.

"Escaping from the tough situations again, isn't it?" , she asked with a mockery in her tone. "What do you mean?", armaan asked. "You are again leaving abhira alone in this tough situation armaan. Wasn't this 3 months enough, you are behaving like this again.Do you even realize how much my sister suffered because of you from past 3 months? You never cared for her who was more hurt and affected than you with what was happening..." Armaan who was stunned by ruhi's anger tried to reason "I know I was behaving like a jerk ruhi. And I am ashamed of myself. I was just too hurt about MAA disowning me and also terrified that what if her curse become true..." Ruhi let out a sarcastic chuckle and said "They were just mere words armaan. It was you who was turning them into reality through your own actions...."

"For once, I agree with ruhi", it was manisha who just came there looking for armaan. "I know you were in pain armaan. The pain of your mother disowning you whose acceptance you think is the reason for the place you have in this family. But that's wrong beta. You are the elder son of madhav poddar, eldest grandson of mahesh poddar and no one can change that you are their blood. Just because mummy sa didn't accept your mother, that doesn't make you less poddar. You are and will always be a poddar, the eldest granddon of this family. We all love you for who you are as a part of this family. Not because jethani sa accepted you." ,manisha reassured armaan.

"Even though this might hurt you, but beta the truth is if jethani sa truly accepted you as her son, she would never curse you and abhira like that. I can't even imagine in my wildest dreams doing the same with my aarayan just because he loved and married a girl who is not my choice. A mother's love for their children is unconditional. A mother can never envy her child's happiness no matter how much she is angry with him.",manisha tried to make armaan swallow the bitter pill which was the need at the moment.

"Armaan, didn't you marry abhira despite knowing that MAA is against it? Yet, you stood firm in your decision to stick with abhira. Then what happened after marriage? You literally made my poor sister feel like you regret marrying her going against your mother's wish. You made her feel like she is the biggest mistake in your life....", ruhi was ranting angrily...

"Ruhi!!!!...." , armaan got up yelling.... "Nothing is gonna get changed with that scream of yours bhaiya...This is what were doing with abhira bhabhi too...She was in so much pain as much as you. But the difference is you couldn't look over your pain and left her alone but she always stood by you trying to support you despite your unreasonable ignorant behavior. Your pain is not an excuse to hurt her. She couldn't even sleep peacefully without those bloody pills because of you...", krish yelled back at armaan.

"What pills krish? What do you mean?" Rohit who was silent till now jumped in as he found something fishy. Krish gulped as he understood that he blurted out. "What is it, krish?" , ruhi asked scared about what more to come..."Just come clean, krish...", manisha shouted impatiently...

"Abhira bhahi once asked me to pick some medicines from a medical store as she forgot to collect it. As I have seen bhabhi sleepless for many nights whenever I got late for home or went to kitchen for some late night snacks, I had an instict that she is struggling with sleeping problems. So later, I asked pharmacist and found out that bhabhi is taking sleeping pills and anxiety pills from 2 & a half months. Bhabhi took a promise not tell anyone and assured that she will be fine. It was my fault too. I should have inform someone.", krish confessed crying while this new information horrified everyone, mostly armaan that how ignorant he has been about his wife...

To be continued...

Precap -

"What are saying kaveri ji? Its true that abhira might face some complications during a pregnancy due to her low platelet count. But that could have been taken care of by treatment and good care during pregnancy. The reason for abhira's fainting was excessive stress and mental and physical exaustance. I was worried that if not taken care at the right time, it might result a grave brain injury. That's all..."

"Was chachi sa right? Am I not seeing through the reality that MAA's love was, is and always will be conditional for me? Or I knew it and was escaping from reality just because I didn't have courage to take that bitter pill?

End of this part...So tell me how it is...

Edited by Sajini235 - 19 hours ago
Sajini235 thumbnail
Posted: 20 hours ago

Here is the next part folks..enjoy...

Edited by Sajini235 - 20 hours ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 hours ago

Amazing

Enjoyed reading this chapter

elizamerin thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Team Phufasa

This part is too small.less of Armaan.But I loved it Every character isdoing something unlike show.Let Armaan cry more(sadist mesmiley15). keep writing.it was really good

Edited by elizamerin - 18 hours ago
Pinecone thumbnail

Finally everyone is having some realization of their collective failure to protect the person who always took a stand for them fiercely. They all didn't wish ill on her, they all cared but no one actually stepped up. And now they can only regret :(

Its very possible for Armaan to spiral into guilt, self loathing. Hopefully Manisha or Madhav as the parent figures will step up and prevent that and instead make him realize that he needs to make up for the mistakes by actively working on himself and breaking free of the shackles of guilt and ehsaan.

Look forward to seeing how Armaan handles himself and works on being the best version of himself not just for Abhira but for his own mental health too. Perhaps Abhiras optimism and voice will guide him even when she's in a coma now and his unwavering presence by her side will help her recover too.

Thanks for writing. If only makers would give a plot like this where all characters introspected and there were genuine conversations instead of just naach gaana at inappropriate times.

Observer007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It would be great if Manisha says these lines in the show as well... Loved this chapter, thanks for tagging! Looking forward to the next one.
Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 hours ago

Typical Kaveri only worrie is her reputation/legacy and her firm. smiley39

Armaan is smiley29no words for him.

Abhira should leave them, love isn't everything, that y have to stay for family's so called love. Where there is no support and respect, what is the point.

nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 hours ago

My favorite type of FF....full of angst.....love this FF. Tag me please with your next update.

ashsamik thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 hours ago

Please continue soon......loved the story read them all at once.....update the chapter no. In the title please for us to know...

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 2 hours ago

Ruhi’s repentance got me… “I started to love you even before you were born….” Damn! So poignant. Loved this part. Thanks for the tag ☺️