Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 days ago

Originally posted by: infinity101

I have always found Aish way too overrated on this forum. I mean everyone agrees that she was beautiful in her prime but there’s something so ice cold about her “beauty”, she didn’t appear much relatable onscreen so I always had this “whatever” opinion about her. Madhuri might not be conventionally as beautiful as Aish but her smile was very charming and she was lively and vibrant onscreen.

Forget about Aish....this silly delusional forum even rank a Karishma and an Urmila higher than Madhuri in beauty.....😂

DoNotDisturb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Forget about Aish....this silly delusional forum even rank a Karishma and an Urmila higher than Madhuri in beauty.....😂

Only here on this forum I am appearing such appalling statements. I don’t think Karisma was ever considered pretty during her phase forget beautiful. She was never conventionally pretty to even begin with. While Urmila was just a pretty face with less notable BW movies except for being RGV’s muse during her phase. From where are such bizarre statements even coming from. smiley29

Edited by DoNotDisturb - 5 days ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beauty is subjective.

With that said I do think that Madhuri in her prime days was more beautiful and graceful than Aishwarya in her prime.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: DoNotDisturb

Only here on this forum I am appearing such appalling statements. I don’t think Karisma was ever considered pretty during her phase forget beautiful. She was never conventionally pretty to even begin with. While Urmila was just a pretty face with less notable BW movies except for being RGV’s muse during her phase. From where are such bizarre statements even coming from. smiley29

From the haters of the queen, or the ones who are just trolling for attention.

-----------------------

Edited by sharaban - 5 days ago
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

Ab Tere Dil Mein

https://youtu.be/ZzaWgFdr3WI

Did she look like an Aunty here? smiley4

Han yar lag toh rhy hai achi khasi old

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Oh really? Have you met each & every single person during that time to make such statements that no one considered Karishma pretty? What nonsense. She was super gorgeous in Raja Hindustani & many other movies after that. People who grew up in late 90s & early 2000s loved her.

She overshadowed Madhuri by miles in that movie Dil toh pagal hai, shows how freakin overrated MD is when a non dancer like KK ate her up in her own department which is dancing & even won national awards & all major awards for that movie. smiley14

DoNotDisturb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

Oh really? Have you met each & every single person during that time to make such statements that no one considered Karishma pretty? What nonsense. She was super gorgeous in Raja Hindustani & many other movies after that. People who grew up in late 90s & early 2000s loved her.

She overshadowed Madhuri by miles in that movie Dil toh pagal hai, shows how freakin overrated MD is when a non dancer like KK ate her up in her own department which is dancing & even won national awards & all major awards for that movie. smiley14

She should be grateful that DTPH earned her a national award. Before that film, none of her roles were particularly significant. I’m not sure how that role won her such acclaim. The movie certainly brought her a lot of fame, largely due to her modern and sexy outfits, that’s pretty much about it. I don't believe she was better than Madhuri; maybe she was on par with her but certainly not better. Apart from DTPH & Raja Hindustani, what are some of her other notable movies? Honestly, whether you agree or not, Karisma was never primarily known for her beauty; that was never her USP.

sharaban thumbnail

She should be grateful that DTPH earned her a national award. Before that film, none of her roles were particularly significant. I’m not sure how that role won her such acclaim. The movie certainly brought her a lot of fame, largely due to her modern and sexy outfits, that’s pretty much about it. I don't believe she was better than Madhuri; maybe she was on par with her but certainly not better. Apart from DTPH & Raja Hindustani, what are some of her other notable movies? Honestly, whether you agree or not, Karisma was never primarily known for her beauty; that was never her USP.

Not saying being a Madhuri's fan, but honestly I did not found ANYTHING remotely notable in Karishma's ROUTINE PERFORMANCE/acting in DTPH to be worthy of a NATIONAL AWARD.

She danced well, but acting, not at all worthy of a prestigious NATIONAL award, same is the case with Saif for his undeserving award for Hum Tum.

And yes Karishma was a gawky teenager and ugly duckling from 1991-1995 until she learned how to dress up and how to do make up...yet still she was millions of miles behind Madhuri in beauty, charm and charisma.

This stupid forum can at least give examples of the real beautiful actresses of 90s like RAVEENA and JUHI at their peaks who were actually beautiful faces to try to create an argument against Madhuri, and not the gawky not so good looking Karishma and that monkey faced Urmila.

-----------------------------

Edited by sharaban - 5 days ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sharaban

Not saying being a Madhuri's fan, but honestly I did not found ANYTHING remotely notable in Karishma's ROUTINE PERFORMANCE/acting in DTPH to be worthy of a NATIONAL AWARD.

She danced well, but acting, not at all worthy of a prestigious NATIONAL award, same is the case with Saif for his undeserving award for Hum Tum.

And yes Karishma was a gawky teenager and ugly duckling from 1991-1995 until she learned how to dress up and how to do make up...yet still she was millions of miles behind Madhuri in beauty, charm and charisma.

This stupid forum can at least give examples of the real beautiful actresses of 90s like RAVEENA and JUHI at their peaks who were actually beautiful faces to try to create an argument against Madhuri, and not the gawky not so good looking Karishma and that monkey faced Urmila.

-----------------------------

Sorry, I am normally on the same page as Bhatakjawani. But I strongly disagree here. Karishma is nothing special features-wise. Madhuri's smile and features over all were a lot, and I mean a lot more beautiful in comparison. I think colorism plays a role here. If Karishma were in the West. No one would see anything extraordinary in her features-wise because there isn't honestly. It is not just me. Both of my parents saw her live in a concert in their younger days. The last thing they found her was pretty. They both feel quite the opposite about her. And they hardly ever agree. Well, except for about each other, obviously. smiley36

I was a fan of Karishma in my younger days. I think the time of comedic films she did just appealed to the young kids. Her style was very cool. I even liked her dancing to some extent. Not as great as Madhuri's. It was when I got older I started realizing the serious flaws in her forced expressions, and hamming. But I never found her exceptional looking. Neither does anyone I know.

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 5 days ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

P.S I think I made a pretty strong case for Manisha. She was very beautiful. I personally found Urmila beautiful too. Here is where I think it is not just about the external. Internal beauty matters as well. She spoke during a farmers protest. And was outraged when a BJP minister's son inhumanely ran over protesting farmers. She stood up for her nation's blood which many did not have the courage for. And she did have a very sexy figure in the 90s. Nothing was wrong with her face either. She was pretty if not beautiful. IMHO!