Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 days ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I don't recall her ever calling herself the most beautiful woman in the world. If it was that easy then why don't all the nepo girls just hire a publicist and get invited on Oprah, 60 minutes, Good Morning America etc. getting called the most beautiful woman in the world. Come kill me if people don't die laughing.

Many things made Bride and Prejudice such a success that Aishwarya became interesting for the US entertainment media:

Producers had been in UK and France and USA (Pathé and Miramax reputed producers, btw)... Gurinder Chadha whose movie Bend it like Beckham was a great success and had internationally known actors also casted two well-know US-TV actors... it was a Hindi rendition of the most famous Jane Austen novel... Aish was very, very beautiful in this movie... and gosh, she knows to the 't' how to behave gracefully and intelligently...she had been - indeed - the first internationally (say Western) prominent female ambassador of Hindi Cinema culture as she already had made a mark at the Cannes festival with Devdas (coming in a coach!)

Knowing how US media work, it doesn't surprise me that her pr could get all these shows. And if one prominent person says that she is "the most beautiful woman in the world" (I think Harvey Weinstein, one of the producers, said it) the others will follow suit.

Edited by Clochette - 7 days ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: DoNotDisturb

MD is my quintessential Bollywood icon. Her megawatt smile, captivating grace, and exceptional dance skills first introduced me to the world of BW . For me, she epitomises everything Bollywood stands for. So it’s always her over anybody for me.

I agree with you even though Madhuri isn't "my quintessential Bollywood icon" smiley1 also in my perception she tops Aish with smile, grace, dancing skills and also acting.

She also maintained this gracefullness now in her late fifties.

I won't like to comment negatively on Aish's face now as I don't know how much her changing face is due to procedures or due to health issues (it seems to me that her life perceptibly spiraled down since some time).

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Clochette

Many things made Bride and Prejudice such a success that Aishwarya became interesting for the US entertainment media:

Producers had been in UK and France and USA (Pathé and Miramax reputed producers, btw)... Gurinder Chadha whose movie Bend it like Beckham was a great success and had internationally known actors also casted two well-know US-TV actors... it was a Hindi rendition of the most famous Jane Austen novel... Aish was very, very beautiful in this movie... and gosh, she knows to the 't' how to behave gracefully and intelligently...she had been - indeed - the first internationally (say Western) prominent female ambassador of Hindi Cinema culture as she already had made a mark at the Cannes festival with Devdas (coming in a coach!)

Knowing how US media work, it doesn't surprise me that her pr could get all these shows. And if one prominent person says that she is "the most beautiful woman in the world" (I think Harvey Weinstein, one of the producers, said it) the others will follow suit.

Once again if it is as easy as you are making it sound why could anyone else not accomplish it? Madhuri's face was also in Devdas. Why was Aish the first? And it wasn't Harvey Weinstein I have not heard of that until date. It was rumored to be Julia Roberts. And if even one person says they have to say it for it a reason. And if it prominent person says they have to say it for a reason. I dare someone who was not as exceptional looking to try to enforce that tag upon themselves. It is fine if you find Madhuri better looking. IMO.. She neither had the model height or a defined and chiseled face cut like Aish.. But don't try to undermine Aish's accomplishments. The fact is she was recognized as an exceptional beauty globally.

Clochette thumbnail
Posted: 6 days ago

But I did acknowledge that, Grumpy. I did neither demean Aish's achievements nor her importance...I simply found Madhuri more accomplished.

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: sharaban

No comparison between Ash and Madhuri ?

Why ?

In which universe ?

Both Ash and Madz were equally stunning in their peak days, with Madhuri had that magical aura & charisma which Ash lacked.

Keyword: In their peak days! smiley32

How about now? smiley4

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

Keyword: In their peak days! smiley32

How about now? smiley4

You be the judge, dude! smiley16

Edited by Surly_Devil - 6 days ago
SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It will take no time to bring her weight down. She just needs to come out of trauma and maintain her personal health. Otherwise both aish and madz at any given time and given their age are absolutely gorgeous

Edited by SriRani - 6 days ago
Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SriRani

It will take no time to bring her weight down. She just needs to come out of trauma and maintain her personal health. Otherwise both aish and madz at any given time and given their age are absolutely gorgeous

She is very lazy so I doubt it

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

The best overall package from the early 90s.

Image tagged with sonali bendre, reaction gif, :) – @sonalibendreftw on Tumblr

and the rest is rust and stardust — zaynsbengaligf: SONALI BENDRE in HUM SAATH SAATH...

Do you find Sonali Bendre Gorgeous? - Page 3 | Bollywood

In which film sonali looked the most beautiful | Bollywood

sonali bendre – @love-indian-actress on Tumblr

Sonali Bendre or Aishwarya Rai? who you find more beautiful? - Page 4 | Bollywood

She was such a pretty face but so dull onscreen. She was my first girl crush though smiley36
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sharaban

No comparison between Ash and Madhuri ?

Why ?

In which universe ?

Both Ash and Madz were equally stunning in their peak days, with Madhuri had that magical aura & charisma which Ash lacked.

---------

I have always found Aish way too overrated on this forum. I mean everyone agrees that she was beautiful in her prime but there’s something so ice cold about her “beauty”, she didn’t appear much relatable onscreen so I always had this “whatever” opinion about her. Madhuri might not be conventionally as beautiful as Aish but her smile was very charming and she was lively and vibrant onscreen.