Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 21 days ago

Originally posted by: hasini009

ye raha root cause of all this negativity, and attacks on Shraddha.

When Ranbir Kapoor Called Stree 2 Star Shraddha Kapoor A Commercial Box Office Superstar

https://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/when-ranbir-kapoor-called-stree-2-star-shraddha-kapoor-a-commercial-box-office-superstar-and-said-they-have-these-similarities-entertainment-news-2969491/amp/

How dare he?smiley36

Who takes him seriously? He calls his wife Amitabh Bachan. Ek tarif hai garwali .. Ek tarif bahar wali.

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 20 days ago

While I absolutely believe that Stree is Sharaddha's brand & if anyone should have gotten more credit it's her alone, I also believe she ain't got the star power people talk about here.

She is an average actress. Her dialogue delivery is monotonous, she has very dull screen presence. She dances well, in 'some' songs. It could be that her offscreen personality clicks with the audience & many loves her but that's really subjective. To me she is like Amrita Rao, (who was better than her) a pretty girl but lack star quality. Given that there is a KJO in the industry who eliminates competition on behalf of his chosen one & she had a fallout with the likes of YRF, Farhan Akhtar, she still gets job despite being average is already amazing.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: piya2025

While I absolutely believe that Stree is Sharaddha's brand & if anyone should have gotten more credit it's her alone, I also believe she ain't got the star power people talk about here.

She is an average actress. Her dialogue delivery is monotonous, she has very dull screen presence. She dances well, in 'some' songs. It could be that her offscreen personality clicks with the audience & many loves her but that's really subjective. To me she is like Amrita Rao, (who was better than her) a pretty girl but lack star quality. Given that there is a KJO in the industry who eliminates competition on behalf of his chosen one & she had a fallout with the likes of YRF, Farhan Akhtar, she still gets job despite being average is already amazing.

10 successes despite being boycotted by 3 production houses? Something has to be there. Something has to be.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/celebrity/shraddha-kapoor/box-office/#bh-micro-tab-content

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Even if this is true, she is still WAY ahead of Janhvi, Ananya and Sara who literally get work on a platter!

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Even if this is true, she is still WAY ahead of Janhvi, Ananya and Sara who literally get work on a platter!

How is that a flex? Shraddha has been hanging around for 14 years now and is almost 40. She has more in common with Deepika than Ananya. smiley37

Edited by hotchoco - 20 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PD_forums

Alia said she is ok with physical cheating but Ranbir should not mentally cheat her..... Something in those lines

In that case if sharadha has fling with Ranbir, Alia should not get offended by them and should congratulate sharadha on her success

This is exactly my line of thinking. Alia made her terms very clear that she will tolerate physical cheating (which has already happened numerous times in their short marriage). It was the price she agreed to pay to become the Kapoor bahu and ensure her longevity in the industry as all actresses who stuck around past their prime had to marry into a film family (Sridevi, Kajol, Rani, Aishwarya, Kareena, etc.)

Look at the ones who married into rich families but not into the film industry (Madhuri, Juhi, Karishma, Shilpa, Preity, Priyanka, Anushka) and notice how their careers became stagnant and their comebacks failed. Alia realized this which was an incentive to marry Ranbir and become part of the Kapoor family. Even born into the Kapoor family, Kareena had to marry Saif to keep relevant and Karishma's film career virtually ended.

This is why I have so much respect for both Deepika and Ranveer because they are outsiders and they chose to marry each other rather than in an established film family. Marrying each other created their own brand and they've created their own space in the film industry that they are now viewed as their own powerful entity.

Going back to Alia's terms, she accepted physical cheating in her marriage so why is she angry with Shraddha? She needs to stick to her word and congratulate her husband's former co-star and her own contemporary because there should be no hard feelings on her side.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Me too, I think that often it is about competition, jealousy, profit, manipulation of opinions etc....however, to me, what matters, is the connect and feelings I get while watching the respective movie... there had been nothing 'outstanding' from Shraddha's side but her performance fitted into the narration and the ensemble play...so no complains from my side (but no hyper praise, either) smiley1

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

It is disheartening to see. I am not even a fan but I am starting to feel so bad for her. She alone can never amaze me performance-wise. But all these people in the media asking her co-stars leading questions about the success of Stree. It is clear that there are some very big people against her. God knows who? And God knows what has she done?

Originally posted by: Outlander22

exactly, i never cared for her either way. Always thought she was a pretty girl who can somewhat act. But all these negativity at her especially since she hasn't said anything, is very disheartening to see. It also shows class system in the industry, being shakti kapoor daughter has not helped her much because she is not associated with big wigs like kjo or yashraj.
she might end up marrying someone in politics too like Parineeti to have some backing and power.

I have the same thoughts that you three all do. I've seen only a few movies with Shraddha and she's never really impressed me as a great actress. I always considered her rather lightweight. But it really astounds me how Stree 2 was obviously capitalized on her success and now she is being denied credit. All I heard about this movie was because of Shraddha's name and image, which is on the center of every poster and the biggest face. It's capitalizing on her starpower and even in an ensemble cast, there is usually one star bigger than all the others.

The way the media, PR, and even her co-stars are going out of their way to discredit her rubs me the wrong way and proves there is a conspiracy against her. Alia remaining silent, KJo congratulating the film without a mention of Shraddha, and apparently even Kriti liking a post about how Shraddha does not deserve credit for the film's success (which I read somewhere on here), shows there is a great deal of jealousy in the air.

Shraddha is no favorite of mine but I am supporting her here because this is starting to feel exactly like what happened to Sushant.

piya2025 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

If you didn't notice SH, I was actually talking about Sharaddha, not anyone else. If you were looking for andhon mein kana raja, there are many participating in that race but OP's topic wasn't about that.
piya2025 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

10 successes despite being boycotted by 3 production houses? Something has to be there. Something has to be.

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/celebrity/shraddha-kapoor/box-office/#bh-micro-tab-content

Your point? I was talking about her getting work despite being average at best, not her 10 success though. Production house has nothing to do with film's success (good marketing, yes) A lot of below average actors gets work, have success in their bags as well. It doesn't prove much.
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Your point? I was talking about her getting work despite being average at best, not her 10 success though. Production house has nothing to do with film's success (good marketing, yes) A lot of below average actors gets work, have success in their bags as well. It doesn't prove much.

My point is there must be something about her that her films are a success. She is the common denominator amongst all her movies You might not see it that is fine. Jahnvi gets much better projects with better film maker on a platter. Her success ratio is not as a high as Shraddha's. She might not be a great actress but there is something about her that works in her movies. Name another actress after Deepika and Aloo that has as many successes as Shraddha. Star power is different from acting talent. My point was about box office pull not acting talent. Like I said Katrina had it as well. Despite being below average in terms of acting.