Is their a silent ban on Shraddha Kapoor in Bollywood?

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 22 days ago

I am not blaming anyone here. It could be these production houses have their reasons. But is this why she no longer gets as many movies. Despite giving consistent hits. She is not a great actress. She is an average to a good one. People have complaint about screen presence. But their is no denying the girl became a star. Much more on her own merit then any other nepo kid. There must be something about her that clicks with the audience. People say looks? She is the prettiest girl to enter the industry after Deepika/Sonam/Katrina. The only other girl that comes even close is Tara Sutaria. But I don't think everyone can just blame pretty privilege for her success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZirWegH3go&t=21s

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 22 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 21 days ago

This happens to anyone who is a competitor to You-Know-Aloo. Why KJo lobbied to get Alia cast over Kriti in Dilwale. Why media painted Parineeti as overweight and not glamorous. Why Shraddha's Stree 2 success is being attributed to her male co-stars and IP and basically anyone but her. KJo could not even congratulate the film by mentioning her name and Aloo remains silent whatsoever while she can take time to praise Ananya who she knows will never be a threat to her.

If Yash Chopra was alive, Shraddha would have been in the running to become the next Yash Chopra heroine. Alia would never have even been looked at.

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I am not blaming anyone here. It could be these production houses have their reasons. But is this why she no longer gets as many movies. Despite giving consistent hits. She is not a great actress. She is an average to a good one. People have complaint about screen presence. But their is no denying the girl became a star. Much more on her own merit then any other nepo kid. There must be something about her that clicks with the audience. People say looks? She is the prettiest girl to enter the industry after Deepika/Sonam/Katrina. The only other girl that comes even close is Tara Sutaria. But I don't think everyone can just blame pretty privilege for her success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZirWegH3go&t=21s

she has done so many movies may be now she has become choosy
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Why will Alia congratulate Shraddha when there is a vibe that RK and Shraddha had a fling and therefore they never promoted TJMM together.So if true, in this case atleast Aloo has reasons to not congratulate her.

Edited by Autumnn - 21 days ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MsDee

Why not? This is Bollywood where Kajol had to award Kangana an award. If Alia wants to be a Bollywood wife and part of the industry, she has to abide by the rules. It is her duty to congratulate Shraddha. Didn't she congratulate Kangana and even Kangana has had her way with Ranbir.

How did this become about Aloo and who congratulates who? This is about the ban by three production houses against Shraddha. Watch the video and they explain perfectly. Still she manages to succeed beyond all odds.

I know the nepo nexis and all those against Shraddha are trying to credit Raj Kumar Rao for the success of Stree 2. As talented of an actor as he is, he has been the lead of many films that bombed at the box office. It is Shraddha who has always had a box office pull despite working with second-tier filmmakers. No, she has never been the best performance-wise in any movie. But there were others like Katrina who had an undoubtedly strong box-office pull despite not being very talented. You can say it is beauty and dance skills they both have in common. That might help attract a strong male fan base. But others had both of those qualities and did not make it. I would say strong PR skills and hard work is a part of it.

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 21 days ago
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I think Shraddha is more beautiful than Deepika, Sonam and Katrina combined.

But industry isn't all about looks. I feel there are certain people who play politics and try to take all the opportunities. This is why you'll keep seeing x face countless times.

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Why will Alia congratulate Shraddha when there is a vibe that RK and Shraddha had a fling and therefore they never promoted TJMM together.So if true, in this case atleast Aloo has reasons to not congratulate her.

If Katrina and Alia can be best friends then why not Shraddha and Alia?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Me too, I think that often it is about competition, jealousy, profit, manipulation of opinions etc....however, to me, what matters, is the connect and feelings I get while watching the respective movie... there had been nothing 'outstanding' from Shraddha's side but her performance fitted into the narration and the ensemble play...so no complains from my side (but no hyper praise, either) smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 21 days ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumnn

So Alia would know about Ranbir's flings?... and now keeping mum is like a "yes, he had"??? Well....

Clochette thumbnail

Thanks for the link to the video...which gave me additional links to other interesting videos smiley1

(oh, tagging doesn't work, Grumpy???)

Edited by Clochette - 21 days ago