A protest about unfair quota system in Bangladesh turned to a massacre

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Currently, there is a protest going by students in Bangladesh in universities around the country for few days.

It is due to the students demanding a reformation of the unfair quota system in Bangladesh. 30% of the jobs are reserved for the children and grandchildren of freedom fighters in 1971, and other 26% are reserved too. Only 44% is left for the general public.

A supposedly peaceful protest by students in universities throughout the country turned into a battlefield as polices attack them instead of controlling the situation. The injuries are in thousands and death are in hundreds. Many students are missing and there are many unreported deaths and injuries.

Since Thursday night internet has been completely shutdown in Bangladesh, and mobile services are mostly down too. This leaves almost no contact with people in Bangladesh.

Please pray for Bangladesh. There needs to be a solution to this. The massacre needs to stop. There needs to be justice delivered for those innocent students who got martyred.

https://postimg.cc/WF71cy1w

Edited by JustRandomGirl - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GoodDoc_2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Strange!! A news about reservation issue happeing in the neighbouring country is an important issue to be discussed on this forum but I haven't seen any discussion on NEET and UPSC exam scam on this forum.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: GoodDoc_2105

Strange!! A news about reservation issue happeing in the neighbouring country is an important issue to be discussed on this forum but I haven't seen any discussion on NEET and UPSC exam scam on this forum.

My origin is from the neighbouring country(I live overseas) this is why I posted about this. You can post about the exam scam in this forum too.