Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Socklet

that was Mashrafe’s house not Liton’s. Please don’t believe everything you see in social media. Try to check its authenticity

Yes I can verify that it was Mashrafe’s house not Litton’s.

Many Bangladeshi people are angry on Shakib and Mashrafe not speaking a single word about the ongoing issues or not taking any stand at all. They lost many loyal fans . They both are MPs from the government party which makes it worse.

Wheras Litton actually did say something about it and took a stand thats why the people are not angry on him.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Guys the Hindu-Muslim issue is one of the propaganda to divert from the actual issue. Not just Hindus, or other minorities no one is safe right now there. Not even Muslims.

The students are doing everything they can to protect the minorities, many are guarding temples and other places.

Some of them are fake news spread so dont believe them. But some of the news of attack are unfortunately true, but all religions are suffering tbh.

Most of the public are in the support of minorities and everyone’s protection. Its just one other extremist party taking full advantage of this situation

Edited by JustRandomGirl - 2 months ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Socklet

that was Mashrafe’s house not Liton’s. Please don’t believe everything you see in social media. Try to check its authenticity

I myself said I am not sure about it.

moosewithagoose thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is all false media propaganda by India to divert attention from the real issue...no Hindus are being targeted anywhere. The entire country has been in state of volatility for weeks now. We all know why this sudden narrative appearing right when PM has fled the country. And all those believing this fake news should do some fact check instead of just believing one sided story.

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi

Being barely versed with Bangladeshi politics, I was under the impression that Sheikh Hasina was a reasonable leader, moderate & under whom Bangladesh made good improvement economically. But I was surprised to know that Mohammad Yunus called her ousting as freedom. Many say years of collective anger against Hasina erupted in the anti-quota protests.

Can you share what was the anger against Hasina apart from the reservation issue?

Thanks

Edited by shalu_libra - 2 months ago

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

This is all false media propaganda by India to divert attention from the real issue...no Hindus are being targeted anywhere. The entire country has been in state of volatility for weeks now. We all know why this sudden narrative appearing right when PM has fled the country. And all those believing this fake news should do some fact check instead of just believing one sided story.

Yes nothing has been targeted yet students are requesting for volunteers to protect places of worship

If BJI takes in as the ruling party now(most likely), it's over for minorities. They will officially second class

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 2 months ago

Originally posted by: shalu_libra

Hi

Being barely versed with Bangladeshi politics, I was under the impression that Sheikh Hasina was a reasonable leader, moderate & under whom Bangladesh made good improvement economically. But I was surprised to find people like Mohammad Yunus call her ousting as freedom. Many say years of collective anger against Hasina erupted in the anti-quota protests.

Can you share what was the anger against Hasina apart from the reservation issue?

Thanks

People feel Hasina had been tampering elections and was kind of a dictator

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Hey guys just to clarify the resignation of Hasina meant freedom and victory for Bangladeshis.

The reason is because of her dictatorship thousands of innocents lost their lives. It all began from what was suppose to be a peaceful protest as students wanted the quota system to be revoked as only 44% of them can get jobs based on merit and rest are quota which is really unfair. It was a normal protest but then the polices just started killing unarmed students for no reason and it turned into a massacre. They even switched off internet for 6 freaking days and would record phone calls! It was hard to get calls and if you can get through those from BD their calls get recorded! Even after internet was back, the government party will go to houses and arrest people. They would also check their phones outside. It was horrible.

Though the quota system was revoked afterwards they still continued harming and killing students which is why many wanted Hasina to step down. Today she finally stepped down but she should have done it much earlier or at least could have avoided the death of thousands people, she didnt handle this situation well.

And about the minorities, I hope there will be more fair ruling for all religions under the new authority. Everyone deserves to stay peacefully. Trust me thats what most Bangladeshis want, its just some narrow-minded clowns that do stupid things

that first line is a misconception. US aspired for such freedom and victory. Lot of Americans said they were finally able to ‘breathe’ and celebrated Biden’s victory. The world is trying to catch up on its breathe since then.

Students are being used. Protesters are being used everywhere. Protests start with genuine concern. But they r left behind when people with vested interests take over and make it all about politics. Saying this coz it has been tried in India. Do the students genuinely believe a new regime will listen to their demands?

Similar thing would’ve happened here if we didnt have RG with his foot in mouth syndrome. Students r fed up of reservations, corruption in education, mismanagement, all a deep rot. And RG tried to portray himself as a messiah. Many youngsters have bought into his bluff. But fingers crossed he will again make a blunder and his party’s real intentions will come out. His wealth distribution, caste census, all sort of divisive ideologies r enough to put off any logical person

Socklet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

https://x.com/saifahmed75/status/1820647985145155775?s=46

This is not getting viral

Edited by Socklet - 2 months ago
Socklet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 9

https://x.com/the_nazmul/status/1820677820613333009?s=46

Please read this. You’ll get an idea about Hasina’s arrogance.