Is it a woman thing or an industry thing?

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 months ago

Most popular actresses of BW take a smooth exit from films once they get married especially those who get married to rich men. That doesn’t mean they don’t do movies at all but they are no longer career driven. They go through a career hiatus of years or only do one movie in 2-3 years. Why is it so? Priyanka did so many good films back to back… Fashion, Mary Kom, Bajirao and then since she got married ahe hasn’t appeared in any mass acclaimed films or shows. Alia who did 3 movies in a year in 2022-2023 but she has only one release in 2024. Anushka, Katrina, Kareena, Deepika all same.Either not doing films ot doing namesake roles. Though men continue to take risks in industry. SRK Aamir Ajay and salman are still doing films, trying to navigate roles though two generations of the heroines paired opposite them have retired. The juhi, madhuri, preity, Ash, Sush generation and Priyanka, Anushka, Katrina generation. I wonder is there any actress who is really committed to the craft and not just the fame and monetary benefit. Is it a woman thing that after a certain level of success they just wanna chillax and monetize the fame without caring about the craft. Or is it because it’s difficult to survive in the industry being a woman who is 35+. Per me it’s the first because as far as i know ppl still want DP, PC, Kareen, katrina to do meaty roles. I can bet if a DP does a movie like Piku or PC does a movie like fashion again, people will flood the theatres.

Edited by _symphony - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zilan thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

Glamor world is very much patriarchy based & they outcast female actors earlier than male actors. The stories are also not much female centric. And to add that motherhood is very different and empowering. It's a different ball game altogether. Taking care of a child properly isn't that easy. Maa toh maa hoti hai. Actress or working woman, baby se badh ke kuch nahi hota hai when one becomes mother. And this doesn't always mean sacrifice. If something makes one happy then they should stick to that. There are also many moms who make return at acting but again that glamor factor and lack of good script plays role. so i guess it's a mix of both? But more on industry from my personal view

Edited by Zilan - 3 months ago

Originally posted by: _symphony

Most popular actresses of BW take a smooth exit from films once they get married especially those who get married to rich men. That doesn’t mean they don’t do movies at all but they are no longer career driven. They go through a career hiatus of years or only do one movie in 2-3 years. Why is it so? Priyanka did so many good films back to back… Fashion, Mary Kom, Bajirao and then since she got married ahe hasn’t appeared in any mass acclaimed films or shows. Alia who did 3 movies in a year in 2022-2023 but she has only one release in 2024. Anushka, Katrina, Kareena, Deepika all same.Either not doing films ot doing namesake roles. Though men continue to take risks in industry. SRK Aamir Ajay and salman are still doing films, trying to navigate roles though two generations of the heroines paired opposite them have retired. The juhi, madhuri, preity, Ash, Sush generation and Priyanka, Anushka, Katrina generation. I wonder is there any actress who is really committed to the craft and not just the fame and monetary benefit. Is it a woman thing that after a certain level of success they just wanna chillax and monetize the fame without caring about the craft. Or is it because it’s difficult to survive in the industry being a woman who is 35+. Per me it’s the first because as far as i know ppl still want DP, PC, Kareen, katrina to do meaty roles. I can bet if a DP does a movie like Piku or PC does a movie like fashion again, people will flood the theatres.

I think they would like to continue working but it would be difficult to suddenly see the roles you were offered, being offered to some younger actress, and suddenly no roles left for you. But then again, they would mentally prepared for that to happen, or should be.

I don't think PC stopped, she conquered BW then did a couple of series and movies in the US, I think she is career orientated. Aishwariya, although imo can't act, so it's difficult for me to say she is an actress - so I'll say she guest starred in probably the most memorable movies in whatever decade she did her guest appearances.. and then ... what's left for her to do? At this age she needs acting prowess like manisha, tabu or a madhuri to be able to pull off a role...unless she was playing a portrait... like a talking one from Harry potter? Literally after 5 mins of brainstorming ...that's the only role for her I can think of. I think aish is the pinnacle example.. cuz at the end of the day... or 20 years from now.. will anyone remember karisma kapoor... or kareena .. or DP... .. but we will still be talking about Aishwariya rai... and what a God damn beautiful talking portrait she played.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

I think they would like to continue working but it would be difficult to suddenly see the roles you were offered, being offered to some younger actress, and suddenly no roles left for you. But then again, they would mentally prepared for that to happen, or should be.

I don't think PC stopped, she conquered BW then did a couple of series and movies in the US, I think she is career orientated. Aishwariya, although imo can't act, so it's difficult for me to say she is an actress - so I'll say she guest starred in probably the most memorable movies in whatever decade she did her guest appearances.. and then ... what's left for her to do? At this age she needs acting prowess like manisha, tabu or a madhuri to be able to pull off a role...unless she was playing a portrait... like a talking one from Harry potter? Literally after 5 mins of brainstorming ...that's the only role for her I can think of. I think aish is the pinnacle example.. cuz at the end of the day... or 20 years from now.. will anyone remember karisma kapoor... or kareena .. or DP... .. but we will still be talking about Aishwariya rai... and what a God damn beautiful talking portrait she played.

I have never seen you criticize a beautiful woman so much. smiley36

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I have never seen you criticize a beautiful woman so much. smiley36

It was a compliment.. maybe I criticised the other women and told them not to bother..the world will forget you anyway .. 🤷🏽.. I got confused..

And now I'm stuck here..in my head..

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting topic. The other day I read a similar piece which had similar arguments. Most beautiful piece of cinema, art, poetry, music etc are created by men mostly. Are women too one dimensional to not excel at their craft after a certain point?

I think women love security at certain point in their lives. It is inherent and comes from their montherly instinct. Nothing wrong with that, but surely we miss out on their talent!

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I wonder what the stats are like for their respective spouses .. if they are in movies. Did their movie count also decrease/increase post having a baby ?