Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Edkv74 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Manoshono

@Red: You know this is pretty interesting aspect that you brought it up about Anirudh. I wonder if the makers would actually show the complexity of his relationship with Ani’s parents especially with his own mother because past does leaves an impact. We never witnessed any warmth in their relationship. There is always this distance he maintains because he never felt the shelter of comfort where he can express and be understood. He is constantly under the radar and being questioned for everything he does. He has been reminded the favors his parents have done on him and how they expect him to return them by being an obligated son. However, he was never appreciated for anything he accomplished.

Even in the last episode he said an inner monologue: what Jhanak understood looking just at his face, neither his mom nor Arshi could see the same thing. Nobody cared about his turmoil or the physical endurance that he was combatting with. Sometimes a missing love in childhood can place so many doubts in the kid’s soul that when the kid turns into a mature adult, he still finds hard to be himself around his own people, just as with his relationship with Chotton too. Anirudh lets him intervene only as much as he allows to and then he never fully unfurl his emotions. Maybe in his heart, there is still the void he hope to cope with. And that is why he usually follows his hobbies like capturing beautiful shots or playing a guitar gives him peace and some time off from his turbulent emotions.

Anirudh finds Jhanak and empathize with her because somewhere he understands the pain. He puts himself into the shoes of Jhanak’s mother and does what her mother would have done so Jhanak can’t feel the same void he has despite of having a mother who is still alive.

And maybe just maybe that’s why he also struggles with his own feelings for Jhanak because he has been taught not to back off from his commitments. So he succumb to his fate and let the matter be solved by divine intervention. If it’s meant to happen it will and that’s what he believes in!

It’s a new thought so tagging few of my girls to see if they also think the same or somewhat long the line! 😌

True ! Again in sync with the serial’s theme, he has everyone in his family but no one to connect with at an emotional level! He longs for affection and care which he never gets from Parents.. all these ppl dote on him because perhaps he’s successful and established! He’s alone in that houseful of family members!

Jhanak has none to call her own now but in the past she had a loving mom and a caring friend’s circle. After her mom’s death the void has been filled by Anirudh! He’s a total package for her who fulfils the roles of a caring parent or a guardian, becomes a good friend at times and lends moral support when situation arises and loves her unconditionally! And yes, Jhanak is pretty aware of that!!

The past background makes Ani wanting in that department and Jhanak the stronger one of the two!

Hypothetically speaking, they should gel well with each other and complete each other !

rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I want his parents to change for the better, he deserves it, but they look pretty beyond repair !

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

I Agree...

Absolutely futile...He is chasing a mirage..only exhausting himself...for his parents who neither understand nor care for him...he will oneday be empty...still will they value him with the love and affection he craves for?? I don't know....

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

@Red: You know this is pretty interesting aspect that you brought it up about Anirudh. I wonder if the makers would actually show the complexity of his relationship with Ani’s parents especially with his own mother because past does leaves an impact. We never witnessed any warmth in their relationship. There is always this distance he maintains because he never felt the shelter of comfort where he can express and be understood. He is constantly under the radar and being questioned for everything he does. He has been reminded the favors his parents have done on him and how they expect him to return them by being an obligated son. However, he was never appreciated for anything he accomplished.

Even in the last episode he said an inner monologue: what Jhanak understood looking just at his face, neither his mom nor Arshi could see the same thing. Nobody cared about his turmoil or the physical endurance that he was combatting with. Sometimes a missing love in childhood can place so many doubts in the kid’s soul that when the kid turns into a mature adult, he still finds hard to be himself around his own people, just as with his relationship with Chotton too. Anirudh lets him intervene only as much as he allows to and then he never fully unfurl his emotions. Maybe in his heart, there is still the void he hope to cope with. And that is why he usually follows his hobbies like capturing beautiful shots or playing a guitar gives him peace and some time off from his turbulent emotions.

Anirudh finds Jhanak and empathize with her because somewhere he understands the pain. He puts himself into the shoes of Jhanak’s mother and does what her mother would have done so Jhanak can’t feel the same void he has despite of having a mother who is still alive.

And maybe just maybe that’s why he also struggles with his own feelings for Jhanak because he has been taught not to back off from his commitments. So he succumb to his fate and let the matter be solved by divine intervention. If it’s meant to happen it will and that’s what he believes in!

It’s a new thought so tagging few of my girls to see if they also think the same or somewhat long the line! 😌

Thank you for this beautiful post..

I completely agree...

Ani's relationship with his parents... specially mother is marked by psychological violence - emotional neglect, The disappointing stares, abrupt silencing, deprivation of conversation,and the manipulation of Ani's self-worth...He has been battling constantly ,is still practically giving up his own life..to prove his worth ,to find that warmth and validation in her eyes...but is it worth it!!

As we all know that his mother cares about Arshi's tears, and sadness....and doesn't hesitate to humiliate her son bcz of that.But She is blind to her own son's pain,tears.,makes no effort to have a conversation with her son with affection to understand him...but what breaks my heart is how Ani reacts to this emotional distance from her ..it is not annoyance,shock or anger..it is silent acceptance...as if he is used to it now...he has been through it so many times that now it doesn't even matter...

Yes...there is void inside him,which will always be there..as no matter how much affection Choton or bodomaa gave him in his childhood..it couldn't take the place of his parents in his life..When Jhanak talks about her mother ,he listens with so much softness and affection..he also empathizes and sympathizes with her for her loss but somewhere may be he is also a bit happy for her as she has such beautiful memories of affection with her mother...

I agree with Jhanak sharing that soul connection with him that he always yearned for but never got from his mother.She has once or twice even stood up infront of his parents when they don't give the respect to Ani that he deserves..

I hope they acknowledge this part of his life, deals with it with proper care...and sensitivity..His character deserves to be healed...as much as Jhanak ...

I want both of them to be eachother's angel in this sense...

Edited by asmitamohanty - 3 months ago
asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: xnbstar

What an excellent analysis, Asmita! ⭐️

@red I can perfectly relate to this because of the same personal experience..

@bold I also mentioned in my previous posts that both needs each other to complete themselves.

Makers have shown that only she was able to recognize his fever without his mother and Arshi noticing it.

It is clear that all those only love 'Mr. Anirudh Bose', not Anirudh as a human being like Jhanak does.

If Ani is her angel, then she's his moonlight! ❤️

Thank yousmiley27... I am glad you like it..

Yes...as I had written... Aniruddh needs that...

He needs to trust, to feel loved,to feel like he has value in this world beyond the money he can make ..

And I believe Jhanak is the only human being who gives him the Emotional security to be himself around her..So when she will profess how much she loves him..not as Aniruddh Bose but as Ani,not for anyother reason but simply bcz the person he is....how much he needs to hear it... that's why sometimes I feel it is not a bad idea if Jhanak decides to confess first...

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaFruitbae

Yes , agree with you.

He doesnt share a warmth relation with his mother ...being specific with mother as there is nothing more secure and beautiful as a mother .

They had showed him stating that its Bodomaa who raised him and hence he is close to them.

There should be some backstory to it which we might get as sub plot

She is more affectionate to Arshi than Anirudh . Even the daughters are close to her.

Its that void that Jhanak filled in his life unknowingly ,small gestures of care , love and affection .

Well written .

I wish Ani's relationship with his parents specially mother gets a subplot ...what happened ...why is a mother so distant with her son...she is close to her daughters...so why not this behaviour with Ani...

I hope they explore it...It not just makes a perfect emotional sub plot with lots of layering but it is also the need of the hour...as an example of bad emotionally distant dismissive parenting and how it affects the psyche of a child....and stays with him forever...

Manoshono thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you for this beautiful post..

I completely agree...

Ani's relationship with his parents... specially mother is marked by psychological violence - emotional neglect, The disappointing stares, abrupt silencing, deprivation of conversation,and the manipulation of Ani's self-worth...He has been battling constantly ,is still practically giving up his own life..to prove his worth ,to find that warmth and validation in her eyes...but is it worth it!!

As we all know that his mother cares about Arshi's tears, and sadness....and doesn't hesitate to humiliate her son bcz of that.But She is blind to her own son's pain,tears.,makes no effort to have a convt her son with affection,to understand him...but what breaks my heart is how Ani reacts to this emotional distance from her ..it is not annoyance,shock or anger..it is silent acceptance...as if he is used to it now...he has been through it so many times that now it doesn't even matter...

Yes...there is void inside him,which will always be there..as no matter how much affection Choton or bodomaa gave him in his childhood..it couldn't take the place of his parents in his life..When Jhanak talks about her mother ,he listens with so much softness and affection..he also empathizes and sympathizes with her for her loss but somewhere may be he is also a bit happy for her as she has such beautiful memories of affection with her mother...

I agree with Jhanak sharing that soul connection with him that he always yearned for but never got from his mother.She has once or twice even stood up infront of his parents when they don't give the respect to Ani that he deserves..

I hope they acknowledge this part of his life, deals with it with proper care...and sensitivity..His character deserves to be healed...as much as Jhanak ...

I want both of them to be eachother's angel in this sense...

@Brown: This! I feel for Anirudh and I agree with you completely. Hopefully he heals soon and so does Jhanak so that they can embark on their journey happily leaving behind all their sorrows and pain!
asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: rysohini

I want his parents to change for the better, he deserves it, but they look pretty beyond repair !

Same ... I also want his parents to change only bcz he deserves it...to get the reward of his lifelong efforts...but yes .. they look beyond repair.

asmitamohanty thumbnail

@Brown: This! I feel for Anirudh and I agree with you completely. Hopefully he heals soon and so does Jhanak so that they can embark on their journey happily leaving behind all their sorrows and pain!

Yes ....and Ani needs to get enough strength and courage and break the engagement with Arshi irrespective of his relationship with Jhanak... simply for his own happiness....

vira76 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Most Liked (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4

Anirudh Bose is indeed a very complex character! You have penned him down very well.

Thinking of how his upbringing might have shaped his mentality. In the recent episodes, this shows as well. When jhanak started scolding him , he immediately pointed out how she is now around her own people and showing her true colors ! She doesn’t need him anymore.

For anirudh love has always come with a price tag with it. To receive love from his parents he has to do something great, be in a good position that earns him good amount of money, brings them fame , keep their respect in the society intact. No wonder they give importance to Arshi more than their own son. For them Arshi is a way to gain even more fame, respect and social status. They claim to love ani but what they really love is what he is brining to them. It’s very unfortunate to see that. It’s sometimes surprises me how well Ani turned out given his parents thinking!

Jhanak is someone who is completely different from what has ever seen in his life before. There are good people around him as well, who are poor… just like jhanak but the difference is she is fierce in her opinion, she knows how to take stand for what’s right, even though the end result is not in her favor! For anirudh this is something he has never witnessed before and I think that strength is what attracted him to her. The way she left with her mother from the wedding in Kashmir that was so powerful. A girl who is still in college , has no means to feed herself or her mother , is ready to die but take another moment of humiliation. She is sometime who doesn’t look at what she will gain or loose when she makes a choice. And that thinking is entirely different from anirudh!

For anirudh his relationship with arshi was also like a business deal for lack of better words. She fits the puzzle completely. She wasn’t a bad person (past tense!) , she is beautiful, fun to be around, she had status which his parents will appreciate… anirudh who deeply cares for all of his family members, each and everyone of them… she was an answer to all these puzzle pieces. I recall the scene in the first episodes , where anirudh is trying to convince arshi by scolding jhanak. That’s where I felt this relationship’s fundamental is wrong in itself. She was someone anirudh can manipulate easily, and please easily, Can manage easily… but was this really giving him a real pleasure ? No i think not!

I think what is pleasure of a company can really be like he experienced that with jhanak for the first time ! Something so easy, where you can be yourself without any burden or judgement, where you won’t have to think about what should I say or do to keep the other person happy all the time, what should be exchanged for love … he found solace in her company. He wanted to talk to her more, find out about her more ! No wonder we see anirudh naturally wanting to open up to jhanak in the recent episodes. Jhanak is in a bad situation in life and so is anirudh ! It might not be visible directly but his emotional state is worse than jhanak! Truly pitiful.

He knows if jhanak leaves , it’s going to leave a big void in his life which cannot be filled by anyone! Her hurt , her hating him or saying anything to him, hurts him beyond what jhanak can imagine! So yes, Anirudh really needs jhanak in her life ! I really hope they show this. I have been hoping for jhanak’s character growth in this sense as well. She is choosing to be blind to Ani’s pain even after choton told her ani isn’t happy with the marriage. Both of them don’t look beyond each other’s words! And that naturally drives viewers like us crazy 😂

As I saw last few episode ...I was thinking we all know, and this show also keeps showing us how much of an angel like figure Ani is for Jhanak,how much he has done for her...but today I was thinking how much importance Jhanak has in Aniruddha's life ..

Life isn't always sunshine & rainbow, sometimes it's messy, complicated & downright hard. It has been hard for both the leads...in different ways though..in Ani's case it is his fear of getting abandoned that made him a pacifist...

Parenting is the most meticulous responsibility that is chosen by themselves, not just a boon or previlege..For a child , parents are his entire world...When parents are not present when they are needed & if they give you a feeling of " you are not much of an importance to us",I guess the glass breaks there & I also suspect the glass can't be repaired or reused..Same happened with Ani...

A child's heart was broken.He felt neglected & unloved, which affects his relationships in the later years.The feeling of longing for love and understanding,only to feel like you are constantly falling short.His childhood experiences of abandonment and neglect undoubtedly shaped his adult relationships & emotional resilience..His attachment style & coping mechanism are fascinating to observe.His fear of vulnerability & reluctance to trust mirrored his insecure attachment styles, highlighting the profound impact of early life experiences on later development..

Then his only ally was Choton..who tried to fill his lonliness, he practically grew up around him...But he also must have seen the same Choton he loves so much, getting taunted by his mother for his lack of money earning ability, lack of a good career.. While battling everyday to please her, hungry for validation from his mother whose prejudices are extremely extrinsic,nailed into the loop of being inadequate & deficient..He understood that money and power is something very very important..may be in an unhealthy manner..& he was right..He probably got the attention, time, love from his parents after achieving these things only...It was addictive something that he wanted ever since he was born...He held on to this mask of " The Aniruddh Bose" tightly.

But somewhere inside him,he is so damaged that he believed that the mask he wore is all he is,all he has.He was drowning in it...He revealed his true self when he was in Kashmir with Jhanak. Jhanak is someone who doesn't care about him being the Aniruddh Bose..For her he is a human being...that makes him anxious..He as maybe he thinks the man without that mask is not lovable enough.Thats why he thinks Jhanak can love Rahul, can even be emotionally close to Aditya Kapoor...but can't love him.He is failing to notice any signal from her..as he is too insecure too accept that .

Now coming to the story,

They are burning in & for eachother...

Jhanak being the righteous nice person with high emotional intelligence, sometimes feels that what they are doing is not " right"..,may be hurts Ani intentionally, hurts him so hard that he almost believes that she doesn't want him in her life.Maybe more than him it is herself she is mad at,for letting it go this far.But it is him she hurts, effectively hurting herself.

Ani is aware of the void in his life,the angst that engulfs him every moment despite having everything he always wanted.He is enraged within, burning in his love for her..yet he is not being able to fully embrace their connection bcz of his unsolved difficulties...

Once things are settled between them, I want Jhanak to be his guiding light,helping him untangle the mess of emotions & find her way..

& Ani...he needs to trust,to feel loved,to feel like he has value in the world beyond the money he can make.He needs to find a way to heal the hurt inside that made her normal actions with Aditya Kapoor so painful for him..

& Please Aniruddh needs to understand that love is more than merely matching perfectly, it is also about daring to follow your heart even when doing so entails risk. He is at a more powerful position than Jhanak to do so ...

He needs to find someone who will love him & want him no matter what.Even if she doesn't have money,even if he lets her down sometimes she will still love him.Jhanak coming to his life is also a miracle..Jhanak will also be an angel in his life who will love & want him immediately & forever...

I love how you people write about Ani & Jhanak here.. would love to hear your opinions...

Edited by vira76 - 3 months ago
asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: vira76

Anirudh Bose is indeed a very complex character! You have penned him down very well.

Thinking of how his upbringing might have shaped his mentality. In the recent episodes, this shows as well. When jhanak started scolding him , he immediately pointed out how she is now around her own people and showing her true colors ! She doesn’t need him anymore.

For anirudh love has always come with a price tag with it. To receive love from his parents he has to do something great, be in a good position that earns him good amount of money, brings them fame , keep their respect in the society intact. No wonder they give importance to Arshi more than their own son. For them Arshi is a way to gain even more fame, respect and social status. They claim to love ani but what they really love is what he is brining to them. It’s very unfortunate to see that. It’s sometimes surprises me how well Ani turned out given his parents thinking!

Jhanak is someone who is completely different from what has ever seen in his life before. There are good people around him as well, who are poor… just like jhanak but the difference is she is fierce in her opinion, she knows how to take stand for what’s right, even though the end result is not in her favor! For anirudh this is something he has never witnessed before and I think that strength is what attracted him to her. The way she left with her mother from the wedding in Kashmir that was so powerful. A girl who is still in college , has no means to feed herself or her mother , is ready to die but take another moment of humiliation. She is sometime who doesn’t look at what she will gain or loose when she makes a choice. And that thinking is entirely different from anirudh!

For anirudh his relationship with arshi was also like a business deal for lack of better words. She fits the puzzle completely. She wasn’t a bad person (past tense!) , she is beautiful, fun to be around, she had status which his parents will appreciate… anirudh who deeply cares for all of his family members, each and everyone of them… she was an answer to all these puzzle pieces. I recall the scene in the first episodes , where anirudh is trying to convince arshi by scolding jhanak. That’s where I felt this relationship’s fundamental is wrong in itself. She was someone anirudh can manipulate easily, and please easily, Can manage easily… but was this really giving him a real pleasure ? No i think not!

I think what is pleasure of a company can really be like he experienced that with jhanak for the first time ! Something so easy, where you can be yourself without any burden or judgement, where you won’t have to think about what should I say or do to keep the other person happy all the time, what should be exchanged for love … he found solace in her company. He wanted to talk to her more, find out about her more ! No wonder we see anirudh naturally wanting to open up to jhanak in the recent episodes. Jhanak is in a bad situation in life and so is anirudh ! It might not be visible directly but his emotional state is worse than jhanak! Truly pitiful.

He knows if jhanak leaves , it’s going to leave a big void in his life which cannot be filled by anyone! Her hurt , her hating him or saying anything to him, hurts him beyond what jhanak can imagine! So yes, Anirudh really needs jhanak in her life ! I really hope they show this. I have been hoping for jhanak’s character growth in this sense as well. She is choosing to be blind to Ani’s pain even after choton told her ani isn’t happy with the marriage. Both of them don’t look beyond each other’s words! And that naturally drives viewers like us crazy 😂

Thank you & wow such a beautiful post...

How beautifully you have written down everything.... about Anirudh and RuNak...

Ani's trauma has definitely made him more sensitive, Emotional and considerate human being...

I had said this before & I will repeat it..

As much as I understood Arshi is a girl who ticked his every box when he was younger..he went into a relationship with her & I believe loved her according whatever his definition of love was then...

& Is trying to talk himself into being in love with her.. because it is what his family wants & he didn't know he had another choice..& now he doesn't even have his illusions to protect him,he somewhere knows what real love, romance and excitement feels like, & it is not Arshi..But he still doesn't seem to have any choice.Jhanak has just told him as clearly as she could , " I am not an option for you"..so what's left? Spend his life running after a love that he thinks is a mirage or go home & accept the suffocating life where he will atleast be around his family?

It is not easy to make a decision like that , especially when the choice is presented with no promise... specially for someone like Ani who is conditioned in a certain way from his childhood....

But as you said Ani is himself only when he is around Jhanak...Ani’s attraction to Jhanak in Kashmir seems like your clichéd “love at first sight” storyline, but it touches upon something very few have portrayed well — curiosity. Anirudh was intrigued when he meets Jhanak, and he can’t quite figure out what it is that attracts him to her. He was infatuated and transported into other world when he saw her dance.He could see there’s an ocean of sadness under her cheerful radiant facade. He saw pain and suffering in her eyes, and he wanted to somehow help her.There is a spark in Jhanak... that's what attracted him to her. He wants that spark to keep burning..

The rules of attraction, courting the other person, building intimacy, showing vulnerability — all these are properly explored .

& Yes...both Jhanak and Ani are not clearly understanding eachother's emotional needs..bcz though Jhanak didn't have father and her mother was working as a maid...but she had a beautiful full of relationship with her mother...she is not being able to understand the emotional trauma of Ani being alone around his own family.. similarly Ani is also not getting her emotional needs..it showcases the complexities of getting close to someone who has not dealt with their deep-rooted traumas...but their love will find its way..

They deserve their own share of happiness...life has been harsh and hard for both of them...now they need the love and affection that they are craving for from the person they love the most...smiley27

Edited by asmitamohanty - 3 months ago