Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

58, 75 and 95 - these are the opposition scores against Afghanistan. Shows you how lethal their bowling attack is in these conditions. Farooqi was once again in the thick of things as he took his wicket tally to 12. Naveen-ul-Haq supported him well and so did the others. Only three PNG batters got to double digits and two of them were involved in a 38-run stand for the 8th wicket. 26 extras also helped them get close to the 100-mark. We saw the dew setting in halfway through the innings which should make this an easy chase for Afghanistan. Let's see how many overs they take to wrap this game up. Back soon..

Savera84 thumbnail

Naveen -ul-Haq - I am honoured to play for my country and then get to the landmark of 50 wickets. I wanted to keep it simple, there was a bit of movement, so I just pitched the ball up. We have bowlers who can swing and also spinners who can bowl with the new ball, that's a good thing for us. Cricket is a funny game, but our batters are in good form and we'll hopefully chase this score down.

Savera84 thumbnail

Another team has failed to breach the 100-run mark against Afghanistan at this year's T20 World Cup. Farooqi set the tone early, with two wickets in his second over, which was preceded by Vala's very avoidable run-out. Naveen then followed up with a peach to dismiss Ura. That firmly broke the back of the PNG innings and they did not help themselves with their calamitous running between the wickets.

Afghanistan gave away 26 extras, which was a lot on this surface. That PNG were still unable to get past 100 illustrates how and where it all went wrong. Doriga was the only batter to cross 20 and while he was at the crease alongside Nao, it felt 100 was within reach. He fell to Noor, though, and that meant PNG were ultimately bundled out for 95.

This score does not seem enough, even on a surface that has something in it for the bowlers, and it will be a real surprise if Afghanistan cannot get the job done. Join us in a bit for the run-chase!

Savera84 thumbnail

Afghanistan bowlers with 50 T20I wickets

142 - Rashid Khan

95 - Mohammad Nabi

59 - Mujeeb Ur Rahman

50 - Naveen-ul-Haq

Savera84 thumbnail

All-out totals of 100 or below in Men’s T20 World Cup

9* - 2024

8 - 2014, 2021

4 - 2010

3 - 2007, 2009, 2012

2 - 2016

0 - 2022

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Told you guys. smiley36

Afg has the best bowling attack in this world.

In the 3 games they haven't allowed the opponents to reach 100 and that includes NZ as well. smiley36

AUS/IND/BAN be scared. Be really really scared. smiley37smiley39smiley15

Rosyme thumbnail

India

AFG need 94 runs in 19.4 overs to win.

Edited by Rosyme - 3 months ago
Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Second innings started

Zadran and Gurbaz in crease smiley40

Nao bowling smiley40

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

7 extras already

32smiley37

One who chose 40+ got chance

Savera84 thumbnail

PNG bade dildar nikale. They are returning the extras with interest.

Cheers..