Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

What good would that do though remembering how badly the Shahs treated Aadhya? Two wrongs don’t make a right and what Aadhya did to Pari was wrong. And telling Aadhya was not in the U.S. was because Aadhya threatened to call 911. Even the cops here won’t do anything if the kid is chastised by the parent for wrong doing and so long as excessive force tantamount to physical abuse is not used.

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Yes, so the characters are all caricatures and melodrama is the name of the game in every episode. Expecting sense might not sit well as a viewer of this show.

Dee-Dee thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

When Adhya is persistent in her hate, it behooves a mother to set her straight by explaining that what the mother did was not out of a lack of love, and to point out other instances where the mom has put herself at risk to save her daughter so as to reassure the girl that her mom does love her beyond measure.

So you don’t even want to consider how badly a child would’ve been affected when her Mom walked out on her and abandoned her for 5 good years? How she suffered in the most delicate years of her life when she actually needed both parents.

Especially a child who has spent 6 yrs in orphanage, and who always feared that her adoptive parents would send her back to orphanage, and her worst fears actually came true.

But we should only focus on the hate Aadhya is holding and keep reminding her of the ‘Favors’ her so called Adoptive Maa has done on her?
And then you say two wrongs don’t make a right and why should we remember the hate Aadhya has suffered in the hands of Baa and other Shahs?
But what Aadhya did to Pari was wrong and she should be scolded, insulted and reminded of all good things done by her adoptive parents for that one wrong thing she did ? Quite hypocritical ain’t it? (And no one should remember or appreciate Aadhya saved Pari too in a shootout where she could’ve have probably died? Even that credit is taken away slyly by Anupamaa)

You remember Pakhi hates Anupamaa passionately? And that Anupama along with Anuj saved her 30+ yr old daughter from getting molested by her own friend in a hotel room? How many times has Pakhi been reminded of that, she still hates her mother and enjoys her miserable state? This was pretty recent.

Edited by Dee-Dee - 3 months ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

I see your point. Betrayal can never be forgotten and the child does see her mother leaving as ultimate betrayal. Any child would be hurt and lost and confused if his/her mother did that. But the reason, Anupama left was because of the questioning, the aspersion cast on her maternal love. Wrong of Anuj to have questioned her and wrong of Anupama to have left, she should have explained it to Aadhya then and there. She tried explaining now and should have done a more thorough job of it, not swallowing half the words albeit to show emotion. Not too late to at least make the girl understand she is not unloved. Choosing to forgive her mom, is Aadhya’s choice but the mom does need to explain, and the dad instead of referring to the “haadhsa” also needs to understand that the mother would not have abandoned her child to die at the scene of the accident.

If my husband questioned me, I would leave him for daring to doubt my love for my kid but I would take the child with me. There was no trust on Anuj’s part if he couldn’t comprehend Anupama’s actions at the time of the accident. The parents are at fault, both of them equally, and the child suffered as a consequence. Time to set that right, explain the circumstances so the girl can heal and at least not act conniving or do harm to others.

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 3 months ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Please do read my response to Harish111’s post.

Dee-Dee thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Please do read my response to Harish111’s post.

Still doesn’t answer my question.

Your points are quite hypocritical tbh, Anupama’s betrayal should be forgiven?

Anuj was wrong in questioning her priorities 5 yrs back? Why? Which sane husband after so much everyday drama by his wife’s ex in-laws won’t question her self worth and priorities and their place in her life?

I don’t like the current Anuj, but he was absolutely right 5 yrs back, on the day the accident occurred and it was not just the outburst of accident but collective outburst of a series of events that occurred after their marriage.

Why should a woman walk out with the child if the husband doubted her intentions for once? Does the child not belong to him? It can happen between any couple, a fair chance & understanding and a mature conversation is needed, else am sure no marriage can survive. Difference of opinion is there in between every couple from what I understand.

Why should Anupamaa only set Aadhya straight by reminding her of all Favors and not Toshu and Pakhi whom she didn’t even abandon, and they still hate her? All rules for the adopted child only?

Time_to_move_on thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Many people in the forum are saying that only Aadya's mistakes are highlighted. Paritosh and Pakhi get a free pass for their wrongdoings.

But this track revolves around MaAn's impending reunion and hence, Aadhya will be the focal point because their reunion, if any, solely rests in her hands.

Moreover, Pakhi and Paritosh's hatred does not seem as intense as Aadhya. Again the latter is made to act that way because her role is prominent in the track. She is the one who is wanting Anuj to get married to Shru, whereas Paritosh & Pakhi neither care for Anupama nor Kavya.

And most importantly, Anuj is the lead and thus, any obstacle in his reunion with Anupama will grab more eyeballs. Since Aadhya is the hurdle between the leads, makers want to use her character to garner sympathy for Anupama as to how her daughter is wicked & insensitive enough to separate her from the ultimate love of her life.

There is nothing more to it! It is all emotional manipulation of viewers to maximise trps....

Edited by Time_to_move_on - 3 months ago
invest_probe thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dee-Dee

Why should Anupamaa only set Aadhya straight by reminding her of all Favors and not Toshu and Pakhi whom she didn’t even abandon, and they still hate her? All rules for the adopted child only?

Apologies for butting in. But why is Toshu & Pakhi's hate for Anupama laid on her door? I dont get this truly.

It appears that from day 1, these two kids have been taught to hate and belittle their mom by their dad and grandma.

However poorly, she has stood by them and tried to help them. Yet at every turn her attempts to teach them morals and straight path have been been undercut by the hatred within the Vanraj and Baa

I do not like Anupama's hectoring, or resorting to slaps or gaali....neither can I stand for one second her utter lack of spine, or her not even telling the freaking shah kids and kid-in-laws how they abandoned her years ago

She saw them and it was as if nothing had happened

I utterly detest this in this show as well as other shows (no FL can be a FL unless she is a doormat)

In short there is lot to blame Anupama for, but holding her responsible for mistakes of others - be it Shahs or Anuj or the Dhillons is unfair

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dee-Dee

Still doesn’t answer my question.

Your points are quite hypocritical tbh, Anupama’s betrayal should be forgiven?

Anuj was wrong in questioning her priorities 5 yrs back? Why? Which sane husband after so much everyday drama by his wife’s ex in-laws won’t question her self worth and priorities and their place in her life?

I don’t like the current Anuj, but he was absolutely right 5 yrs back, on the day the accident occurred and it was not just the outburst of accident but collective outburst of a series of events that occurred after their marriage.

Why should a woman walk out with the child if the husband doubted her intentions for once? Does the child not belong to him? It can happen between any couple, a fair chance & understanding and a mature conversation is needed, else am sure no marriage can survive. Difference of opinion is there in between every couple from what I understand.

This is a forum and I am entitled to my opinion, if you call me hypocritical, I can say your take is one sided and opinionated.

Please re-read what I wrote, I stated clearly that it is upto Aadhya to forgive her mother or not, but her mother owes an explanation to her daughter.

Anuj was wrong in doubting Anupama’s love for Aadhya, he married a woman with children and a grandchild, she cannot cut her relations with them, he knew this going in, talking about that over and over is like beating a dead horse. If he wanted someone to romance and be only his, he married the wrong woman. He was no saint either (again the Maya incident). If he claims to love Anupama and know her so well then doubting her love for their child was wrong. I don’t care if you think that is hypocritical, that is my opinion.

We are not talking legality here, I was saying if my husband dared to doubt my love for my children, I would leave him as it would signal a lack of basic trust in my character and my role as mother. Also if you would care to re-read what I wrote and not be in haste to point fingers - I said BOTH parents were wrong and that the child suffered, that Anuj was wrong in doubting Anupama and Anupama was wrong in abandoning her child. I also said instead of referring to the incident as that “haadhsa” Anuj (and Anupama) should have addressed the issue with the child.

Lol, no one said Aadhya gets a special set of rules because she is adopted. Anupama HAS listed all that she has done for Toshu (didn’t she write it all down?) and I am sure if we look at all the prior episodes, she has told Pakhi off too similarly.

Plus I did not mention that Anupama should remind Aadhya the homeless man incident as a FAVOR to the girl but to reassure the girl and point out to her that as a mother, Anupama will always care for her daughter and try to save her from dangerous situations.

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Time_to_move_on

Many people in the forum are saying that only Aadya's mistakes are highlighted. Paritosh and Pakhi get a free pass for their wrongdoings.

But this track revolves around MaAn's impending reunion and hence, Aadhya will be the focal point because their reunion, if any, solely rests in her hands.

Moreover, Pakhi and Paritosh's hatred does not seem as intense as Aadhya. Again the latter is made to act that way because her role is prominent in the track. She is the one who is wanting Anuj to get married to Shru, whereas Paritosh & Pakhi neither care for Anupama nor Kavya.

And most importantly, Anuj is the lead and thus, any obstacle in his reunion with Anupama will grab more eyeballs. Since Aadhya is the hurdle between the leads, makers want to use her character to garner sympathy for Anupama as to how her daughter is wicked & insensitive enough to separate her from the ultimate love of her life.

There is nothing more to it! It is all emotional manipulation of viewers to maximise trps....

You hit the nail on the head, the focus changes as the plot changes. Toshu’s wickedness was highlighted when the theft happened, Paakhi’s selfish nature was emphasized when she moved in with Anupama and Anuj and acted like the spoilt brat that she is.

In this current plot, MAAN’s reunion is at stake and Aadhya is the one that holds the cards in her hands. So changing her mind about her mom is pivotal to the story moving forward.