WDT#8: Why Vishnuji incarnate as Maryada Purushottom Ram in Treta yug?

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

Hello all, 

This is the eighth weekly discussion topic in Mythological Masti forum. Here I'll post a topic (in the form of a question?) from our hindu mythology every week. Hoping to have some meaningful mythological discussions. 

IMG_1708436012040.png

Since mythology is considered a component of religion, and can be a sensitive topic for most people, with the characters often being revered, you must follow the rules of Mythological Masti Forum to maintain a peaceful atmosphere in our forum.

IMG_1708436012040.png

To celebrate this Ram Navami, as the title suggests, the topic of this week is:

Why did Bhagwan Vishnu Ji incarnate as Maryada Purushottom Ram in Treta Yuga?

IMG_1708436012040.png

As we all know, Bhagwan Vishnu Ji had taken various avatars to establish Dharma during different Yugas. 

And in Treta Yuga, he had taken birth as Ayodhya Maharaj Dasaratha's elder son, Ram, to kill the evil Rakshasraj Ravan of Lanka who himself got Brahma's boon and became invincible from all, including God, except human beings; and establish Dharma again in the society.

So, what are the various reasons behind Bhagwan Narayan taking birth as Ram in Treta Yuga, who was not even aware of his divine powers at all in this birth? And why Lord Ram is being called as "Maryada Purushottom"? What makes him Maryada Purushottom?

IMG_1708436012040.png

Share your views and engage in meaningful discussions with your fellow members. 

Here's wishing everyone a very happy Ram Navami.smiley31

IMG_1708436012040.png

Now, you can win a chance to become the Mythological Wordsmith Of The Month, by participating in the Weekly Discussion Topics (WDT) posted by the DT every week and write unique answers to the questions, and those who get the most likes to their answers throughout the month will be crowned the title for that month. Do note that, plagiarism is a serious offence. And newbie's likes won't be counted.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Tagging all our mytho lovers to participate in this week's WDT!

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Nice topic.

One of the reason was, to make sure about  his Dwarpaal, Jay & Vijay's return to Vaikunth soon. 

Though this soon, took over almost 3 Yugas. Devi Lakshmi, too accompanied Him, as Sita in Treta Yuga & as Krishna's main life partners, during Dwapar Yuga. 

Jay, Vijay, took birth as, Hiranyaksh & Hiranyakashyapu, during Krita Yuga. As Ravan & Kumbhkarna, during Treta Yuga. As Kans & Shishupal during Dwapar Yuga.

There were many reasons for Shri Ram's incarnation. One other reason was, to set an example for people about how to live an ideal life.

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Happy  Ram Navami 

Everyonesmiley31

Nice Topic

Vishnu J Incarnated As Lord Ram To Establish Good Over Evil.

He Killed Ravan & Kumbhkarna, during Treta Yuga

He is the seventh and one of the most popular avatars of Vishnu

His The Ideal Man 

Embodiment of Dharma

Edited by SilverBell - 13 days ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Whatever knowledge I have of Ramayana, the reason Lord Vishnu took avatar as Lord Ram is to eradicate evil by killing Ravana. In fact the main reason Lord Vishnu took avatar in both Treta and Dwapar Yugas are to do dharma ki staphana and adharma ka vinaash. Also, he had to perform various tasks like killing asuras and do Ahilya and Shabari's uddhar.

IMO the reason Ram is called Maryada Purushottam was because he was always projected as the ideal man, an ideal son, ideal brother and ideal husband. 

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Vishnu Ji took the avtar of Ram who is unaware about his divine powers to teach us that humans with their sheer determination alone can win anything

He was called as Maryada Purushottam cause he was the embodiment of Maryada

He was born as Ram to eradicate Ravan and his clan of asuras

Edited by Pete15rogmourey - 13 days ago
RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Happy Ram Navmi 🙏

Surya Tilak in Ayodhya was beautiful yesterday ❤️❤️

Jai Shree Ram 🙏 Jai Siya Ram 🙏

Nice topic smiley31

Well the technical reasons were many, many people had to be blessed for redemption after their sins, many people had to be blessed after so many years of suffering and many have their own shares of boons and curses which needed to be fulfilled but according to me the most important reason was teaching us life lessons like his any other births.

As stated in the post, Shree Ram didn't knew about his divinity, he was pure human. Its a lesson for us that we don't have to be God to attain the utmost happiness and satisfaction, in the form of human only by following the path of dharma we can attain that.

He is called Maryada Purushottam, Maryada as in boundaries/limits, And purush (man) + uttam (excellent) . The man who always followed rules and always abide by them humbly with utmost respect. He respected everyone around him, gained spirituality through yoga and prayers, gained popularity not just as prince of Ayodhya but as a great Warrior through his dedication and hardwork, always got loved and respectef by his family friends, praja and even the enemies who he defeated in yuddh.

He's my inspiration 🙏🙏 I remember in some podcast I have heard one line which sticked to me, When we consider Lord Ram as Just God we always think we can't be like him, we can just pray to him. That's why Shree Ram never showed any divinity so we could always inspire to be like him

Edited by RamAayeHain - 13 days ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Shri Ram's Surya Tilak in Ayodhya on the occassion of Ram Navami.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C53EiY-yRAo/?igsh=MWRwYm81MXFucDF1eQ==

RainOfDew thumbnail
Posted: 10 days ago

I missed this topic.

Happy Ram Navmismiley31 (I know its already gone its Ram Yug foreversmiley27)

There were multiple reasons why Lord Vishnu took avtar as Shri Ram like our fellow members above.

But one of the reasons i like is showing humans that as human we have many hardships in life, even if god is incarnated as human he has to go through it. You cant make excuses that he was god coz he also lived life as human and went to Lanka as a normal human do by making Ram setu. He was god and surely knew where was Sita maiya and could go by using his divine powers. Or even Maa Sita could defeat Ravan by herself. But to teach ppl that god can live like humans and humans shouldnt make excuses like he was god and we r humans how can we overcome hardships etc..

And ofc to get his dwarpals back, defeating adharm by dharm, etc were various reasons behind his Ram avtar.

And he is known as maryada purushottam is because he is perfect son, brother, husband as a man should be. Purushon me uttam.

Edited by RainOfDew - 10 days ago