Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Loving2Missing2

Each one of us to their individual thought process.... and let's respect all...... nobody's responsible for anyone's fate.... yet certain incidents happen as direct cause and effect reaction.

Bold: With due respect to your views, I beg to differ because Dashratha's curse was public knowledge.... All his queens knew it..... Kaikeyi did not know Ram's life purpose but she was the chosen one by the Vidhata himself to facilitate the same.

Even if she knew about the curse giving Ram vanvaas and bharat raj singhasan how's that justified as a good act or selfless act. Kaikeyi was chosen one that does not justify anything at least for me. Like I said even Ravan was forgiven by Ram in the end that doesn't justify his act 🤷

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhun.laagi

Thank you so much for the discourse. Noone here has disagreed with you that women have been subjugated in the Kalyuga vs Dwapar and Treta yuga, as for specially me, I merely pointed out it was due to the interpretation that has been spread word-of-mouth by male vedic scholars across centuries and that has led us to believe in certain things, and see our epics a certain way. Also, I mentioned about Devi Rukmini since it was not fair to call her a love object based on the lack of scholarly evidence in many places in India. In Maharashtra and Gujarat, she is revered for her intellect too. It is the term I objected to, your definition of strength can obviously be different, and I'd still respect it. 

Devi Sita and Rani Kaikeyi played their role as was predetermined by their Raghukul Dharma and vidhi ka vidhaan in the Ramayana, and they did have a much stronger personality than any of us. No two ways about that. 

Also, we are one of the few civilisations where we revere a Devi too, like you pointed out in your initial post. There is a 'saumya' roop and a 'raudra' roop, so it is your karm that invite the boon/wrath of either.

As for the state of women today, yes, it is extremely pathetic. 

Female Infanticide. Molestation. Rapes. Domestic Abuse. Divorce. EMA. Murder. 

From birth to death, you are fighting a battle. No matter what happens, it is your fault. 

#EqualForAll #HeForShe #MeToo have just become fancy hashtags for social media. 

Equality and justice mechanisms are easily bent by power, greed and corruption. 

People are allowed to say things like "Lakshman rekha paar karogi toh marogi" in public. 

We ultimately celebrate women who win, but we still do not support their journeys to pursue their passion and glorify the double shift mindset, that they have to look after both their career and households. 

But again, even if I pour my heart out here with the agony I feel about this, will things actually change? 

Ultimately everyone slowly gets tired of this constant tussle and resigns to their fate.

B - the harsh truth 💔, even I don't know how I can contribute in that change. Speaking about my internal thoughts battle, I always think whenever I voice out my opinion to my narrow minded relatives about these things one thought always occurs in my mind, am I doing it because I care about equality or I just want to live by my own rules, but then I realise that this is what the battle is about. The rules of society should benefit all the genders not just the one. Everyone has right to think and until and unless its not hurting anyone how can it be considered as wrong

Durga maa represent annapurna, griha Lakshmi, Vidya dyayni and she's also maa Kaali, asur sanghaarini. She can be both and she represents all the women so any woman could be both. The story of Chatrapati Shivaji and how he conquered Mughal Empire is so inspiring, he fulfilled his mother's wish and maa bhavani handed him the weapon in his dream. Then Rani Lakshmi herself raised the weapon against British Raj. Role of women in every milestone of Earth's history is prominent but sadly many don't acknowledge it. And not acknowledging is the first step towards discrimination 

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rlbs

Dear pl see that Sharupnakha was lusting over Ram and Lakshman and even tried to kill Seeta so she got what she called for .. when we are talking about equality then it shd be both ways if a male lusts over a woman and she defends herself then it’s fine but not other way around .. how come ?! Secondly Ravan was not seeking revenge . He too wanted Sita bec of his lust .. his sister knew him very well so she praised Sita’s beauty and told him that Sita shd be his queen so it was never for revenge that Ravan kidnapped Sita … so pl read scriptures well 

Yup 💯