WDT #6 : Which sibling bond in mytho do you follow in your real life?

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

Hello all, 

This is the sixth weekly discussion topic in Mythological Masti forum. Here I'll post a topic (in the form of a question?) from our hindu mythology every week. Hoping to have some meaningful mythological discussions. 

IMG_1708436012040.png

Since mythology is considered a component of religion, and can be a sensitive topic for most people, with the characters often being revered, you must follow the rules of Mythological Masti Forum to maintain a peaceful atmosphere in our forum.

IMG_1708436012040.png

As the title suggests, the topic of this week is:

Which sibling bond in our hindu mythology do you follow in your real life?

In short, what are the life lessons do you take from the various siblings' bond in our hindu mythology? 

IMG_1708436012040.png

Let me give you some examples :

1) Murugan Karitikeya + Siddhivinayak Ganesha ~ Kartikeya & Ganesha's brotherly bond is considered as the epitome of the sibling's relationship. These two sons of Mahadev and Mata Parvati defined the bond of real brotherhood. They played and they faught like every other human siblings do. But their mutual love, care and respect for each other defines their brotherly bond over the ages. Kartikeya who was a great warrior himself, had always acknowledged the wisdom of his brother, Ganesha. This displays their exceptionally unique and sacred bond of brotherhood.

2) Ram + Lakshman ~ Ram & Lakshman are the inseparable duo who is giving us major brotherly goals for over ages. As a younger sibling, Lakshman always had been a pillar of strength for his elder brother, Ram, through thick and thin. He never cared about his own personal life in order to serve his elder brother. While Ram as his elder brother had always taken care of his younger sibling like his own child. 

3) Ram + Bharat ~ Ram & Bharat are another significant example of brotherhood. As a younger sibling, Bharat had a huge respect for his elder brother, Ram, for which he hadn't accepted the throne of Ayodhya which he was given using boons. Even he had carried his elder brother's paduka over his head, out of deep respect for his elder. He too never cared about his own personal life or equations with his mother, in order to support his elder. While Ram as his elder brother always supported and had never lost his trust on his younger brother.

4) Shri Krishna + Subhadra ~ Shri Krishna & Subhadra's bond is one of the most celebrated brother-sister bond over the ages. Krishna has always been Subhadra's pillar of strength and he never kept any stones unturned to make his little sister happy, for example, arranging her marriage with Arjuna. Even in Arjuna absence, he has taken full responsibility of his sister and her son, Abhimanyu and provided him necessary yudh training, and made him an exceptionally powerful warrior. 

5) Shri Krishna + Balarama ~ Shri Krishna and Balarama's bond is one of the most popular sibling bond which has been celebrated over ages. Their exceptional mutual brotherly love, deep affection and unwavering devotion makes their relationship unique. As an elder brother, Balarama had always accepted all the decisions made by his younger brother and supported him whatsoever. And they had shared so many adventures together, which demonstrated their excellent rapport with each other.

6) Panch Pandavas ~ The unbreakable sibling bond between the five Pandavas (Yudhisthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakul & Sahadev) has been an example of real brotherhood over the years. Their strong bond among each other is a true example of "unity is strength" and this proves if you're united, you'll be victorious in the end whatsoever. 

7) Gandhari + Shakuni ~ The unpopular yet passionate and loving sibling bond between Shakuni and his sister, Gandhari is considered to be one of the main reasons behind Mahabharat war. Shakuni had hardly ruled in his kingdom & dedicated his major part of his life for his sister's sons so that they can get the throne of Hastinapur, which his sister & brother-in-law failed to get due to his blindness.

8) Ravan + Vibhisan ~ Another unpopular sibling bond of Ravan & Vibhisan where younger brother Vibhisan tried to guide and bring his elder brother to the path of Dharma. As a younger brother, he performed his main duty by trying his best to stop his elder brother from doing more adharma.

9) Ravan + Kumbhakarna ~ A popular sibling bond where younger brother, Kumbhakarna performed his duty by fighting for his elder brother till his last breath, without judging him, although he knew and believed that his elder is doing adharma.

10) Duryodhan + Dussasan ~ Another sibling bond where the younger one followed the path of his elder without even judging the fact whether his elder is right or wrong. Dussasan supported his elder brother, Duryodhana always and performed all his orders whatsoever.

IMG_1708436012040.png

Share your views and engage in meaningful discussions with your fellow members.

IMG_1708436012040.png

Now, you can win a chance to become the Mythological Wordsmith Of The Month, by participating in the Weekly Discussion Topics (WDT) posted by the DT every week and write unique answers to the questions, and those who get the most likes to their answers throughout the month will be crowned the title for that month. Do note that, plagiarism is a serious offence. And newbie's likes won't be counted.

Edited by Quantum-Dot - a month ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Tagging our mytho lovers to participate in this week's WDT.

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Ravan + Vibhishan for me smiley36

I hope my elder bro or sis is not a secret I-F membersmiley37

Rosyme thumbnail

Shri Krishna + Subhadra

And Goddess Parvati and Lord Vishnu.

I have a younger brother but he has always done stuff for me that an older brother does. He s been so responsible even though he s younger than me.

If not him , i could not have pulled off some setbacks that we had n life of my parents and for me.

He is my go to person for any advice from financial to health issues to any other random stuff.

Maybe there are better examples of brother sister bond but among the ones above, I found this one very apt.

Edited by Rosyme - 29 days ago
RainOfDew thumbnail

Would like to add Mithila sisterssmiley27

My bond with my sister is somewhat like them.. not completely but its a mix of mischievousness and sharing stuff which we cant share with others.

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Ravan + Vibhishan for me smiley36

I hope my elder bro or sis is not a secret I-F membersmiley37

That's a good one, Pete! Aren't you sure yet whether you have a bro or sis  OR is it bro and sissmiley37

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This time you have put us all in real thought mode! And yes, the beauty of each relation you explained, simply wow! smiley32To whom do we relatesmiley42...... Life lessons, we take from all and different ones from every story of each of the pair!...... Now to choose one that feels ideal to us?smiley29 

Will update soon on the thread!smiley9

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - a month ago
Rosyme thumbnail

Edited by Rosyme - a month ago
Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Loving2Missing2

That's a good one, Pete! Aren't you sure yet whether you have a bro or sis  OR is it bro and sissmiley37

I have a bro and sis , that "or" was for ; i hope that both of them OR either one of them is not an I-F membersmiley37

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 29 days ago

Thank you for the tag smiley31will post my thoughts soon