Anupama has taken women empowerment 500 years back

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

I will tell a incident i know

A woman very educated and good paying job her husband is hitting her and abusing her and shouting at her everyday. This his parents say is because of tensions in office and he works in top MNC. Wife is no uneducated as educated as kavya or kinjal and from very well to do family. But problem is family is from north so conservative and does not want daughter back in the mother house at any cost and want her to adjust. So shes bearing all from marriage time this is in a big metro city not small town etc.  All friends and neighbors tell her why you stay you earn very well leave because he hits her badly with bruises every week or every few days. 

Because its 3 years of marriage and hubby beating her from 1st month of marriage they even went counselling, psychiatrist etc he changes few days than back to hitting and abusing. Now recently the girl threatened to file divorce and leave him if he ill treats her like this.  You know what her mom in law told her "look at anupama, she also divorced hubby do you see her condition. Finally whose giving her shelter in india or USA only ex hubby vanraj. She has to go fall at vanraj and in laws shah feet only for home shelter food safety family etc she quoted. Only hes loyal to her your condition also will be same after few years if you divorce my son". She told this to that girl. So girl scared to leave or divorce. 

That is affect anupama serial having in reality. Even girl saying anyways my parents will not accept me back divorced, who will be there for me. Even if he hit me everyone respect me because i am his wife. If i divorce people may trouble me as my parents will never accept me back home. And i will have no one in life than i have no kids too yet. What will i do alone? If he hits me its ok better that i adjust few more years after kids happen he may change. I am in 30s now if i divorce i will not get another husband and my parents or brothers do not want me back. 

Thus the girl decide not to divorce and again give abusive hubby another few years chance. 

And this is real life incident and the girl in very educated master degree and her parents doctors. I was thinking with doctors as parents if family is so conservative about samaj main humari izzat jayegi, adjust karle. I mean so educated ppl yet their thinking is like uneducated villagers or like anupama mom kanta only. Just adjust with vanraj for 26 years same here girl has adjusted 3 years now she will adjust another 5 years of beating abuse etc. 

Best part of this story is her mom in law gave anupama as example why her bahu should not divorce her son. I feel anupama running to shahs everyday is giving message to family and girls that anyway finally ex hubby first hubby only is your saviour all life no matter how much he abuses hits you so why leave hubby if finally you will run to him only everday after divorce. So why divorce at all? 

What do you think other girls think about this affect of anupama in real life? Do you think anupama serial sending message that ok if first husband hit or abuse a woman should bear and stay because after divorce her life will still not be good and she has to run back to him for home, family, shelter, emotional stability, protection from society that do not respect single woman  etc 

What is told above is real life incident not imaginary. People think highly educated men never hit and abuse woman but thats not truth i have known US degree holder men working in biggest companies of world hit and abuse wife in home but outside they talk like they respect woman  a lot. Problem is most ppl think outside public persona is same as what they are at home with family and wives. 80% humans are something in public in office college and with outsiders and completely different character wise in 4 walls at home. Because in 4 walls of house they can show their true nature but outside they put on masks of being great and nice and respectful etc. This is true of both men and woman. So the guy in office whose highly respectful to woman colleagues and helps them may be exactly opposite at home who beats and abuses his wife or even parents and his kids. 

Another misconception ppl think that counselling and psychiatrist and kids solve all problems with hubby and wife. Like husband will stop hitting wife if he has kids from wife. Thats all wrong a true nature of human does not change with any counselling or phsychaitrist tablets or kids etc. They will more or less remain same. What an human nature is by age of 16 years it remains same till death it never changes. Mya be if a great incident happens some may change likie death experience or cancer, stroke etc but otherise human character remains same as what ist is first 15-16 years that is formed. Its all wrong to say a human changes after kids or going to counselling ec all that never happens after few months ppl will be back to real nature. No counsellor or psychiatrist can change true nature of an human. When a person will not listen to parents or wife you think he will obey an outside counsellor or phsyichatrist. They may promise but their real nature resurfaces after few weeks they cannot act being good and non abusive for long actually no human can. 

Isnt anupama shah just like those woman we heard of in 15th century who would stay with husband even if he hits or beings 2 more women as wives. Except here for name sake shes given him an official divorce but she behaves like his wife all time. 

Edited by myviewprem - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

It's well known that there are problems women face across the globe. When a prime time show television show having arguably largest reach boasts of women empowerment, one expects to view a solution oriented, survivors, fighter's story. A story that will not pity the situation but give a hope for a better life.

What do we see here? NOTHING that society should follow, infact, messaging is so bad, kya hi karein,  kya hi kahein. Yeh kisi bhi age aur time ke lia sahi nahin.

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 2 months ago
Dee-Dee thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

If the girl is well educated and earning good, and still thinks my parents won’t accept me back, comes in manipulation by MIL that too based on a stupid TV show and is happily getting abused just to show the society that she has a husband, then I’m sorry problem lies with the girl.

And pls don’t say a well to do family which is from North so conservative, I belong there too and no people I know around me are not like that. Depends on family to family.

Maybe she doesn’t have the right support or guidance, but staying in an abusive marriage is no solution.

Getting inspired by a TV show like this is no solution. 

I have a distant relative who had a child and  taken divorce at 40, is independent and earning well, built her own house after that and recently got her son married with her own money.

strancho thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Dee-Dee

If the girl is well educated and earning good, and still thinks my parents won’t accept me back, comes in manipulation by MIL that too based on a stupid TV show and is happily getting abused just to show the society that she has a husband, then I’m sorry problem lies with the girl.

And pls don’t say a well to do family which is from North so conservative, I belong there too and no people I know around me are not like that. Depends on family to family.

Maybe she doesn’t have the right support or guidance, but staying in an abusive marriage is no solution.

Getting inspired by a TV show like this is no solution. 

I have a distant relative who had a child and  taken divorce at 40, is independent and earning well, built her own house after that and recently got her son married with her own money.

Parents should teach their children to love themselves and give importance to their own wishes first rather than thinking about what log kahenge… Because of this many lives are ruined. 

Dee-Dee thumbnail

Originally posted by: strancho

Parents should teach their children to love themselves and give importance to their own wishes first rather than thinking about what log kahenge… Because of this many lives are ruined. 

Exactly! And if you are educated, earning well, how difficult is it to find a working women’s hostel and move out? Who can stop you? If anyone tries forcefully, dial the cops, they will be there within 30 mins

Taking first step is hard, rest all falls into place by itself.

And first and foremost, if a toxic show like Anupama is influencing you in a negative way, stop watching it instead of seeing yourself in that useless character.

And no one, exactly no one comes for help not even your own parents many a times, you have to do it for yourself.

And these are the only people who in the end resort to taking their lives because they couldn’t take a strong step.

Apologies if I sound harsh but sick of hearing such stories.

Edited by Dee-Dee - 2 months ago
strancho thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Exactly! And if you are educated, earning well, how difficult is it to find a working women’s hostel and move out? Who can stop you? If anyone tries forcefully, dial the cops, they will be there within 30 mins

And first and foremost, if a toxic show like Anupama is influencing you in a negative way, stop watching it instead of seeing yourself in that useless character.

And no one, exactly no one comes for help not even your own parents many a times, you have to do it for yourself.

And these are the only people who in the end resort to taking their lives because they couldn’t take a strong step.

The problem is we are raised in such a way where we think what will people think of us. It’s not only about walking out of an abusive family. Even at work or normally people do that. For instance, earlier I used to think what would others think of me before asking any doubt or presenting my point. With time I realised, that it doesn’t matter what others perceive of me. Not saying that society doesn’t matter at all but it should not hinder your decision making.

As you said taking the first step is always hard. In this show, the FL took the first step by divorcing but again regressed two steps back by staying back in that house. Her defiance to learn anything is the worst thing. She believes that elders should be respected even if they kill you just because they are elders and they would never be wrong. She didn’t even learn to say sorry and thank you properly in all these years. Someone has to push her to chase her dreams. Nobody pushed her to take divorce right? Then why she needs a push for other things. 

STPrincess thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Bingo ! If the girls parents don't want her back, she can choose to find a working woman's hostel. Hell, even put up with a friend fir a few nights ! 

To me, it seems like this girl has issues - she herself can't or doesn't want to see herself free of abuse. How does it matter what society thinks about you or your family - are they coming in to stop the abuse? 

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

You know Paritosh is trash but Anupamaa literally gave birth to him? Anupamaa has as much right to stay at her son's house in need as Vanraj.

Vanraj or Anuj don't own her relationships to her own children and grandchildren.

You attributing Anupamaa or any itv serial for divorce trends is hilarious.

Even well-educated, career-oriented women fail to actually have full control on their money. Their income gets pooled and used for their husbands extended family. Again, everyone, from parents to kirana wala, expects women to compromise and find DV cases to be "dramatic" ott tantrums. 

Also the misinformation about psychiatry peddles negative stereotypes about mental illness. Human beings change everyday— especially 16 y/o children. While it is not the job of psychiatrists to cure criminals of their crimes, it is their job to report crimes perpetrated on their patients and disclosed to them. It is their job to deal with their trauma that impacts their decision-making capabilities. Also rehabilation is an important part of law enforcement. So irrespective of divorce and women empowerment, everyone needs therapy.

Preksha09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Completely agree with what Dee-Dee and strangle have stated. 

If this lady is hoping that things will get better after they have kids - what is the guarantee of that? Seeing the Dakota's mentality they will most likely be expectlng boys. What if she has girls? And those girls are also mistreated? It will be so much harder to leave.

Hope she sees the light of day and has the course to stand up for herself and her self respect and leave before it's too late.

Dee-Dee thumbnail

Originally posted by: strancho

The problem is we are raised in such a way where we think what will people think of us. It’s not only about walking out of an abusive family. Even at work or normally people do that. For instance, earlier I used to think what would others think of me before asking any doubt or presenting my point. With time I realised, that it doesn’t matter what others perceive of me. Not saying that society doesn’t matter at all but it should not hinder your decision making.

As you said taking the first step is always hard. In this show, the FL took the first step by divorcing but again regressed two steps back by staying back in that house. Her defiance to learn anything is the worst thing. She believes that elders should be respected even if they kill you just because they are elders and they would never be wrong. She didn’t even learn to say sorry and thank you properly in all these years. Someone has to push her to chase her dreams. Nobody pushed her to take divorce right? Then why she needs a push for other things. 

I can totally relate, I used to be like this like 8-9 yrs back, image conscious, scared of presentations and putting my point across. After marriage too, a lot of things made me nervous, confused, bolu ya nahi, kaun kya sochega,…first step was very hard. Lot of self doubt.

But eventually things fall into place. And as you grow older, you grow out of that thinking ki log kya kahenge, because log to kahenge chahe kych bhi ho.

And in the above case, having kids is no solution. Its just like spoiling another child’s life like the show did to Aadhya.

@bold : Anupama is the wrong show to take any inspiration from. She is all things a women should never be and should never do. Have seen so many divorced ladies in real life, none is like Anupama, she is infact the most pathetic character ITV has ever shown.