Patriachy glorification in name of women empowerment

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 months ago

This serial is never about women empowerment

Its to glorify the patriarchal mindset of the main leads and characters

Look at main characters only anupama got a second chance of marriage to anuj was she interested in her second marraige? No. Was she interested in her 2nd in laws kapadiyas? No. Was she ever interested in kapadiya house hold to take care of anuj house his family his child? No. Was she interested in all the business handed on platter to her by anuj? Nooo. So what women empowerment? If you marry 2nd time but remain loyal to first husband and his parents and his family what empowerment is this?

Further look at messaging through anupama. Mr. Shah is acche pita not ghatiya can be galat? This after doing EMA with kavya for 8 years than cheating Kavya doing EMA with Malvika?

Further mini vanraj Toshu Shah EMA is mental disease needs treatment in resort and kinjal should take that EMA for sake of her child and Toshu family and brainwashed to do so

Makhi can hit adhik mehta but thats depression and nadan because shes anupam adaughter. But adhik hitting makhi means police complaint and adhik falling at anupamas feet

Than i come to anuj kapadiya hes no less patriarchal by nature when it comes to his own

Malvika had love affair with a man in college so anuj gives him money to leave malvika, marries her to a brute who hits and rapes her threatens her every day. When anuj knows he does not send him to jail and lets Mlavika roam world in depression and sleep in streets rather than give her helping family and hand and take her to psychiatrist etc just abandoned her 10 years

Than comes vanraj shah who targets Mlavika for kapadiya empire and what does anuj do? Run of leaving her alone wth vanraj only because Malvika said stay with me choose me now over anupama. So for anuj anupama is more important than sister Malvika when hes not even married her. Anupama already started controlling his decisions before wedding only by her emotional tactics if anyone observed.

Why is vanraj shah forgiven by anuj or just ignored as he does EMA with Malvika tries to take over his full business and anuj knows Vanraj will abondon her one day as Vanraj is not loyal to any woman why? Only because hes anupama ex hubby and galat not ghatiya as er anupama shah

Than we come to treatment of kids so much patriarchal behavior shown. Own kids can misbehave or do anything. But dare poor CA do anything shes a gandha khoon shes maya khoon. And how anupama is treating CA in that USA restaurant actually. Will she dare shout at makhi or toshu like this never. Or they will cheer phad her there only and Mr Shah and Baa may get angry.

Both anupama and anuj are indirectly showing or saying apna khoon apna hota hai paraya khoo paraya

OK forget all this look at shruti treatement at hands of anuj. Anuj is doing to shruti similar to what vanraj was dong to malvika. Using them to fulfill personal needs. In this anuj needs a free maid a nanny for his house and CA so hes hooked up with Shruti and used her 5 years. Now anupama is back he discarded her like tissue paper

Further look at dimpy how shes been treated after samar death like a widow in villages. Just take care of house and stay indoors do not talk anything just follow orders. again reeking of patriarchy.

I have not elaborated patriarchy of shah house ppl as all know it

Basically this show promotes patriarchy ideas and thoughts as best for family and individuals but says its woman empowerment

Edited by myviewprem - 7 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

The show is only being watched due to habit and Nothing else I guess.

It's not meant for anyone's or any society's sanity.

Historia thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

What kind of dkp wants to tell the viewers is seriously disgusting and running potential characters too low.

I don't think leap could even save this show

Anupamasatwik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Still it is No.1 show, only few of us are frustrated may be, others are viewing it so they are No1, and they can show anything they want until and unless it drops. One question, who are watching this to become No.1

Bodhianveshika thumbnail

The problem is the number of people tuned in to the channel at the time of telecast for a set duration of time. Doesn't matter you like it or not, doesn't matter you switch channels beyond that duration. I don't think online streaming is accounted for.

So, clearly, we are not the targeted audience.

InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

The way they wear the facade of women empowerment while catering to very stereotypical problematic set norms is just on the other level. Sly foxes. smiley36

Yet it’s the most watched show. What does that tell about the mindset of people? ITV only reflects what’s going on in India. Nothing else

Edited by The_Best - 7 months ago
Bodhianveshika thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_Best

Yet it’s the most watched show. What does that tell about the mindset of people? ITV only reflects what’s going on in India. Nothing else

Sorry, that's a sweeping statement. If I may ask, do you stay in India?

Originally posted by: Bodhianveshika

Sorry, that's a sweeping statement. If I may ask, do you stay in India?

no, but I don’t find this a sweeping statement. It’s fact shows/fictions largely reflect what’s going in the society. They won’t make shows which the audience can’t relate to as that won’t bring them profits. There’s a reason why this show is getting highest trps. Most women don’t have good marriages and in-laws. They see hope in anupama who got a better husband after having an abusive and cheater husband and abusive in-laws. So they keep watching the show to see her journey. Tomorrow if the lives for most women improve in India and they don’t have a strong patriarchal culture and society to deal with, most won’t relate to crying heroine and shows like this anymore and producers will be forced to make different shows. Many women I know watch Indian/pakistani shows because they relate to them.
Edited by The_Best - 7 months ago
Bodhianveshika thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_Best

no, but I don’t find this a sweeping statement. It’s fact shows/fictions largely reflect what’s going in the society. They won’t make shows which the audience can’t relate to as that won’t bring them profits. There’s a reason why this show is getting highest trps. Most women don’t have good marriages and in-laws. They see hope in anupama who got a better husband after having an abusive and cheater husband and abusive in-laws. So they keep watching the show to see her journey. Tomorrow if the lives for most women improve in India and they don’t have a strong patriarchal culture and society to deal with, most won’t relate to crying heroine and shows like this anymore and producers will be forced to make different shows. Many women I know watch Indian/pakistani shows because they relate to them.

So, let me get this straight, so, shows are a reflection of society that are battling patriarchy, abuse etc. and relatability to a crying heroine. The show represents a hope for a better tomorrow and hence is a primary reason for viewership.

In your own words, again, the fact that this and other shows made in the sub-continent have a global audience, should then imply that this is a global problem and women across the globe seem to relate with a cranky heroine facing an abusive marriage?

Also, for my own understanding, can you name one cuture/society around the world that is NOT patriarchal? I mean can give examples of matrilineal communities in India, so wanted to know if there are such elsewhere in the world.

With regards to the TRPs, that's a whole separate topic. For another day. But yes, I agree, unless people STOP viewing crap on television at the said time, for a certain period, yielding the TRP numbers, this won't change.

Edited by Bodhianveshika - 7 months ago