par-par thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I'm new here to India Forums and I started enjoying the comments here so much - more than the actual show itself (except of course Vanraj's roasting Maa and Toshu's expressions these days).

One koschen - why do users here call Anupama as Upma? I understand all of her other adjectives but couldn't figure out this one. I had left watching the show for a few months in between after the great Maa sent her Bebli to Maya's house (for the sake of "Bebli's happiness smiley29), so maybe I missed one of the episodes which would explain the adjective Upma for her??

Someone please explain Upma to me smiley1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shwetha85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I have also wondered but never asked the forum members this question. There was another post where the topic maker said that upma is a delicious south indian tiffin and why you call this crap show with this name.

Anyway, my take is that a lot of times when members take out frustrations on the show's forum or some other show's forum, it might be easy to call by similar rhythmic names to avoid moderators to delete your message or flag you for non-compliance. Like for example: Imlie show was referred as tamarind, Anupama has upma in her name, so if people want to bash Anupama in YRKKH or GHKPM forum, they say upma show so that it is not directly hinted.

This is my opinion and take, the real reason if any different can be said by someone who calls this show as upma.

kamaal_ho_gaya thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Trollbaaz

Upama

In other words 'simile' figure of speech

Comparing two things using word as or like.

Fg. No one is as Hypocrite as Anupama in any star plus show 😁😂

Anupamaa swings from Kapadiya Mention to Shah House like pendulum.

*please note as per my opinion hu ben.

731627 thumbnail

Upma has two meaning

Like in hindi literature it means kisi se tulna

Upma is south Indian dsh

Upma is short form of anupama

Harish111 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

There's no rocket science, it's just part of her name. People have used all parts of her name as nick name

Anupma

Anu - Upma - Maa