Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

There are no movies against Muslims. Seriously, is this a joke? Check out the Kerala Story. I mean, there are others, but that one's like a full-blown conspiracy against Indian Muslims. You don't need to endure the entire torture of the film, just a few minutes in, and you'll catch how heavily they're pushing that anti-Muslim propaganda. And then there's Mission Majnu, ticking off all the clichés with the stereotypical portrayal of Muslim men as terrorists. 

Originally posted by: Bird32

Every Bollywood movie seems to be against Pakistan. Pathaan, War, Fighter, Tiger and every other war movies are against Pakistan but why don’t they make movies against China or other countries that are enemies of India? 

Tiger actually wasn’t they were helping the PM. Had they not helped the Indian audience n critics would have liked that. 

Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

because the indian audience (a large chunk) will watch anything that is Anti Pakistan

i've been saying this forever, the war films with pakistan/ISI is boring af, they need films with wars against other agencies and countries like England's MI6 and USA's Central Intelegence.

I think so too. 

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: loginidran

In India at least, there are no movies against Muslims or Islam.The anti Pakistani movies should not be confused with anti Muslim, unless the Indian Muslims identify themselves as one with the Pakistanis. On the contrary, take some of the popular Pakistani movies starring their superstar Shaan etc which spew garbage about Hindus and Hinduism, ignoring the fact that Pakistan still has some Hindus left in their country. Not to mention the blatant negativity against the Hindus in their textbooks let alone the movies. But that’s besides the point so I will let it slide.

In India big commerical moviea r not anti Muslim except propoganda movies which get banned by court too.

In Indian movies when an Indian Muslim is shown as terrorist they show the backdrop story how his family suffered in riots etc. which is why he joined terrorism.

There r plenty of Pakistan movies showing India as villain because it's easy for their citizens to accept like in India even kids know India has enmity with Pakistan .

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: naaznin

... So the intention is never about hurting muslim population around the globe.

Of course not...but  t h a t  wasn't what was discussed here (the "around the globe"), right?

naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

There are no movies against Muslims. Seriously, is this a joke? Check out the Kerala Story. I mean, there are others, but that one's like a full-blown conspiracy against Indian Muslims. You don't need to endure the entire torture of the film, just a few minutes in, and you'll catch how heavily they're pushing that anti-Muslim propaganda. And then there's Mission Majnu, ticking off all the clichés with the stereotypical portrayal of Muslim men as terrorists. 

Kerala story n Kashmir files r propoganda movies like annapurni is. They r indirectly funded by political parties. We r talking about general commercial Bollywood movies 

Edited by naaznin - 5 months ago
naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Of course not...but  t h a t  wasn't what was discussed here (the "around the globe"), right?

I can answer if I understand what u r trying to convey.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: naaznin

Kerala story n Kashmir files r propoganda movies like annapurni is .

The same movie which was taken off Netflix with a police report against the makers? Has it ever happened before? Any police reports against the makers of Kerala Story and Kashmir Files?  Go do a bit of digging and figure out where India's at these days.

I think many people here tend to bring  in their political views to express opinions rather then on the movies. Anyhow my opinion is simple it’s tiring that we getting the same repetitive things in Bollywood esp Pak India issues that wont get resolved. 

Edited by wat_up - 5 months ago
naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

The same movie which was taken off Netflix with a police report against the makers? Has it ever happened before? Any police reports against the makers of Kerala Story and Kashmir Files?  Go do a bit of digging and figure out where India's at these days.

Case was against all three movies. Though KF n KS were not taken down on OTT. Annapurni ran in theatre but it was Netflix 's decision to remove after facing backlash.

But u also have to see that no mainstream actor worked in Kashmir files or Kerala story but naaynathara who is considered superstar of South worked in annapurni. 

Edited by naaznin - 5 months ago