Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

I was replying to someone. Read the comment to which I was replying again please. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zara321

.... It would have been really interesting to see maybe a story about Indian air force pilots going through training and the challenges they go through and the relationships they make, thats what I initially thought fighter was going to be about, more of an in depth story into their lives. 

Didn't see anything promotional, but I also thought it might be about that...we will see smiley1

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Kuch logo ko bas Kjo-SRK ki sadi-gali love stories dekhni hai in different packages. They have a problem with everything else. Kabir Singh is Sexist, Animal is Violent, Gadar is Jingoistic. Please make more RRKPK...over and over again. 

The answer is simple- Bollywood makes whatever sells. If Nationalism is selling, they'll make it. No need to complicate things. 

If people are bored of it....then it won't do well. Box office has the final say and so far it's loud and clear, that people want to watch these sort of films. Deal with it!

With the hero being forced to wear a bra in the public, while preaching about human rights in the side. And the heroine hitting the hero’s dad in the name of fighting for the rights.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Bollywood always jumps on the bandwagon. It’s not about patriotic movies. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag got hit, there were tons of sports movie lined up. 

Patriotic movie works - next 10 movies all patriotic. 
mindless masala works - bunch of that. 
Action works - bunch of action. 

what you call propaganda - is what you don’t like. 

Same with many Indian boycott groups. They think showing tilakdhari villain is propaganda. Would you deny it? Coz you are ok with tilakdhari villain?

Annapoorani was propaganda for me. I felt it promotes conversion. It wasn’t for you. 

Everyone here feels propaganda based on what they are uncomfortable with. 

You brought this up before, but I kind of brushed it off earlier because I didn't want to dive into it. Let me break it down quickly. So, all movies, whether good or bad, have some sort of propaganda going on. Movies are like the perfect tool for pushing a message, which is why even the Nazis were big fans of them. In some countries, including India, the government has a direct influence on what the cinema should promote, and it's happening right here. If the monotonous tweets from celebs during the Lakshadweep incident don't convince you, I don't know what will. The state controls the narrative.

And is this the first time it's happening in India? Nope. Back in 1960, Sujata showed a love story between a Brahmin and an untouchable woman. Was that propaganda? Yeah, it was, but what sets it apart from today's movies like Tashkent Files, Kashmir Files, or those countless films dropping every other weekend? It's the nuance. A good propaganda movie captures the subtleties and details. 

Now, contrast that with today's propaganda movies like Kerala Story/ Gadar 2 or Fighter etc, which pushes the leading party's agenda, they lack characterization and go heavy on conspiracy theories and are basically WhatsApp-forward wish-fulfillment.

I reckon the key is just being mindful of your own biases and how you take in information. Ask yourself, why do I think conversion is bad? Is it genuinely my opinion, or am I being swayed by something or someone? 

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Because religion is a major key why pakistan is targeted than China. I am not saying pakistan is good. I am not saying muslims can’t be villian. They are always portrayed as terrorists and it is ok for everyone. The moment they show muslims as deshbakt too, it becomes “balancing”. That is the point I am talking here. 

Every muslim isn’t a terrorist and even non muslims can be terrorists. 

You have no idea how much it hurts. In kerala, a terrorist act happend last year. till the name of the terrorist was discovered national media was interested and hyping it by speculating against muslims. The moment the name was revealed, he wasn’t a muslim, media and certain people lost their interest!!!

So please don’t say to keep the bias aside !

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Why r some people confusing muslims with Pakistan. Topic is about anti Pakistan movies n not anti Muslim movies.

In all these anti Pakistan movies there is always some Indian Muslim Desh bhakt character who dies for his country. So the intention is never about hurting muslim population around the globe.

Edited by naaznin - 5 months ago
naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: napster

Bcoz India is scared of China and most Indians don't even realize what a major threat that country is otherwise Bollywood would show China as the big bad.

It is easy to fight a smaller country, be it in real or reel life. I'm sure Akshay Kumar will very soon make a movie that bashes Maldives lmao

May be in future we will see movies on galwan valley war n silk route issues.

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakZ

Because religion is a major key why pakistan is targeted than China. I am not saying pakistan is good. I am not saying muslims can’t be villian. They are always portrayed as terrorists and it is ok for everyone. The moment they show muslims as deshbakt too, it becomes “balancing”. That is the point I am talking here. 

Every muslim isn’t a terrorist and even non muslims can be terrorists. 

You have no idea how much it hurts. In kerala, a terrorist act happend last year. till the name of the terrorist was discovered national media was interested and hyping it by speculating against muslims. The moment the name was revealed, he wasn’t a muslim, media and certain people lost their interest!!!

So please don’t say to keep the bias aside !

In India at least, there are no movies against Muslims or Islam.The anti Pakistani movies should not be confused with anti Muslim, unless the Indian Muslims identify themselves as one with the Pakistanis. On the contrary, take some of the popular Pakistani movies starring their superstar Shaan etc which spew garbage about Hindus and Hinduism, ignoring the fact that Pakistan still has some Hindus left in their country. Not to mention the blatant negativity against the Hindus in their textbooks let alone the movies. But that’s besides the point so I will let it slide.

Edited by loginidran - 5 months ago
naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

The reason is simple. India has long standing enmity with Pakistan since the partition. It has nothing to do with religion or the current government. Movies bashing Pakistan are made since 1950s and 60s. It's not like Pakistani movies don't show India bashing. I have read somewhere that even some Pakistani movies bash India so its all tit for tat. 

People can just do a simple Google search on India-Pakistan relations and will get the answer. Most of the replies in this thread show sheer ignorance. 

If someone has watched  Pakistani show dastaan it's opposite of gadar. The Sikh man beats n rapes the Pakistani girl.

Also many times bomb blasts in Pakistan is blamed on india. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waar

This movie shows RAW n Taliban working together against Pakistan. In Indian movies it will be opposite Taliban working with ISI against India.smiley36

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: naaznin

If someone has watched  Pakistani show dastaan it's opposite of gadar. The Sikh man beats n rapes the Pakistani girl.

Also many times bomb blasts in Pakistan is blamed on india. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waar

This movie shows RAW n Taliban working together against Pakistan. In Indian movies it will be opposite Taliban working with ISI against India.smiley36

Just because nobody watches those movies. 😆

but I agree, more subjects should be explored. China needs to be exposed and Indians need to be made more aware of the Chinese threat. Bohot hogaya Pakistan Pakistan.