Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChulbuliRao thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 months ago

also when palki is not being self righteous, she was more entertaining. i love shalki banter.. magarmach...blah blahsmiley37 she is so full of life when she is with shaurya. thats why i don't want shaurya to follow her like a lost puppy. i just wish the creatives to remember the intensity these two have and don't mellow it down.

sometimes i do not have any hopes from this serial. palki might end up staring in rajveer's lifeless blank eyes forever, have kids and separation over some silly issues as they both come across as GOD ALMIGHTY. kuch masala hi nahi hai

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I said that the writers could have used Rajveer's jealousy as a way to make the character more human and relatable . But no, it's excused and Gurpreet is shown making sympathy faces when in fact it's the same thing as Shaurya's jealousy. Gurpreet is an enabler to Rajveer's sense of superiority and 100% right decison maker status. Palki is the only one pointing out that Rajveer has to accept Preetha's love for Shaurya. Rajveer and his chamcha can be excused for keeping Preetha from her other children. But Gurpreet being an adult and a mother should have known better. But I'm digressing.

Shaurya's problem is a lack of self-control.Not self-awareness.He throws temper tantrums when he can't get his way. He is his own worst enemy. On one hand he's smothered with love and spoilt. On the otherhand his family members don't give a fig when he's emotionally hurt. Rishabh is the only one who even tries to understand him occasionally.Karan has impossible standards for him. I don't advocate Palki giving him a chance in his current mental state.He needs to grow up and change a lot of things about himself. I'm simply saying that there's no denying the chemistry between Shaurya and Palki. Opposites attract though they are rarely compatible for the long term.While his clandestine pursuit of Palki is wrong morally, in real life you'll find that everything is fair in love and war and everything else. There are people who steal their best friend's partner shamelessly and lead a happy life.Here Rajveer is Shaurya's enemy.I'm fed up with Rajveer's sense of smug superiority. He needs to get a few hard knocks to be a little more human and frail.So go Shaurya go and get your girl.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nuke1986

It is not the same as Shaurya's Jealousy. Maybe you want it to be same as then you can lump Rajveer with Shaurya. Or say Rajveer is worser than shaurya. Again it is how both deal with their Jealousy that is different. Feeling jealous is a human emotion. Rajveer is human enough...by your definition of human Rajveer has to do something despicable like Shaurya in his jealousy. No thank you. I dont subsribe to your definition of 'being human'.

Both Rajveer and Shaurya are jealous of the fact that the other one is getting more love and attention from their respective parent. They are two sides of the coin. Rajveer is better at hiding it. Both of their actions are despicable while only one of them gets rightfully blamed.

Gurpreet enables Rajveer's sense of superiority? Yes really weird reading of what Gurpreet is doing but yes by thinking so we can malign Rajveer's character with things he does not feel. But yes you can justify Shauryas actions with such thinking. You are going in a weird tangent that i agree.

Gurpreet is a positive character and a standin for the audience/writers. She should definitely have known better than to support Rajveer's escapades. That she's siding with his wrong decisions prove that the writers are justifying Rajveer's wrong actions.

He does not have both self control and self awareness. His family have tried to be there for him but he himself pushes him away. He is a grown man not a kid. He should behave like one for a change. May be he will see that his situation is not that bad.

He lacks self control and is prone to impulsive decisions. Which is why I've said before that he's his own worst enemy. His family vacillates between spoiling him with love and ignoring him. Family's love should be unconditional even if they point out the mistakes lovingly.They do not try to understand him (apart from Rishabh).They don't want him when he's bad. Rakhi mom's moral lectures are enough to send the average teenager running let alone someone as wilful as Shaurya.

To be a responsible guy is a impossible standard for Shaurya. That i agree.

Karan's expectations of Shaurya are more than what he'd expect from an outsider.Definitely not the bare minimum.That's what I called impossible.His approach is to humiliate Shaurya and shout at him. Totally wrong.

That is fine. There are many things I am fed up with about shaurya. Top being his ' woe is me ' attitude. Utterly unbecoming..

I agree that Shaurya is a crybaby and prone to impulsive behaviour. He learns to grow up and the writers need to write him better.But there's space for growth. Unlike perfect Rajveer.

frail? It is a truly cruel thing to wish upon some one. I would not wish that on Shaurya inspite of him being weak in character and despicable in his actions.

A person who had a easier life Shaurya should get a few hard knocks not Rajveer. atleast he will learn what vulnerability is .

Pain is a crucible which brings growth and change. Right now both Rajveer and Shaurya needs to change. Rajveer is written as perfect and that stunts growth in a character. Shaurya's flaws are obvious.

Edited by capricornrcks - 8 months ago
nuke1986 thumbnail

Both Rajveer and Shaurya are jealous of the fact that the other one is getting more love and attention from their respective parent. They are two sides of the coin. Rajveer is better at hiding it. Both of their actions are despicable while only one of them gets rightfully blamed.

the word despicable has a very specific meaning. What Rajveer's actions are are no where close to it. Shaurya's actions are smack dab in the middle. Being Jealous is an entirely human reaction but what Shaurya did/does when he was/is jealous is despicable. Rajveer is better than Shaurya in this aspect

Gurpreet is a positive character and a standin for the audience/writers. She should definitely have known better than to support Rajveer's escapades. That she's siding with his wrong decisions prove that the writers are justifying Rajveer's wrong actions.

escapade? No what Rajveer is doing is not escapade.

If she sides with wrong decisions she too is wrong. Characters are not right. I dont rely on writers to tell me what is right or wrong. Even how Preeta is justifying shaurya can seen as so. But I have my morals to know what is right or wrong. Just because "preeta" or Gurpreet or whoever is the flavour of goodness tells some how right does not become wrong.

He lacks self control and is prone to impulsive decisions. Which is why I've said before that he's his own worst enemy. His family vacillates between spoiling him with love and ignoring him. Family's love should be unconditional even if they point out the mistakes lovingly.They do not try to understand him (apart from Rishabh).They don't want him when he's bad. Rakhi mom's moral lectures are enough to send the average teenager running let alone someone as wilful as Shaurya.

They dont ignore him. In every family there are times when you will not be the centre of attention. Shaurys is not the only important person there. He should realise that they are not ignoring him. Families love is not unconditional. That is the silly. Even he is family to them let Shaurya do it. Families love is reciprocal. He does not understand them. He does not even try. But then your last two sentences tell that it is impossible for Shaurya to realise how loving they are . The have not wanted him when he is bad? That is a straight out not right.

Karan's expectations of Shaurya are more than what he'd expect from an outsider.

Because Shaurya is not outsider. First you need to decide whether Karan should treat him as family or outsider. If he Karan should have the same expectation that he has for outsider then dont complain why he is not treated as "family".

Definitely not the bare minimum. That's what I called impossible. His approach is to humiliate Shaurya and shout at him. Totally wrong.

It is bare minimum. When Shaurya does not get involved in drugs then if Karan shouts it is wrong. When Shaurys doesnt involve himself in defaming a girls character then if Karan shouts at him then it is wrong. He deserved all the shouting he got.

I agree that Shaurya is a crybaby and prone to impulsive behaviour. He learns to grow up and the writers need to write him better. But there's space for growth. Unlike perfect Rajveer.

Rajveer is far from perfect. It is just that he is not evil like Shaurya. But i know that is the problem (lol).

Pain is a crucible which brings growth and change. Right now both Rajveer and Shaurya needs to change. Rajveer is written as perfect and that stunts growth in a character. Shaurya's flaws are obvious.

Not just pain ..there are hardships, challenges and many other adversities that can bring change. Shaurya may need change. Rajveer is fine. He is not perfect ..he has his blind spots. He is just not horrible like Shaurya's character.

Rajveer is written as perfect and that stunts growth in a character.

Does not make sense. Characters do not need to be horrible to show growth.What Shaurys has done ..his character is tainted.

Edited by nuke1986 - 8 months ago
capricornrcks thumbnail

the word despicable has a very specific meaning. What Rajveer's actions are are no where close to it. Shaurya's actions are smack dab in the middle. Being Jealous is an entirely human reaction but what Shaurya did/does when he was/is jealous is despicable. Rajveer is better than Shaurya in this aspect

I just listed all the wrong decisions taken by Rajveer in the other topic. Here goes

1. He deliberately kept Preetha away from Shaurya and Kavya. Why did he do this to Kavya whom he claims to love?

2.He humiliated Shaurya at the award function. Just when the latter had done something to make his family proud for the first time in his life.

3. He repeats it by sabotaging/attempting to murder Shaurya at his home.

Even after all this Rajveer refuses to learn from his mistakes and is forgiven. He's smug that his decisions are correct. He needs to change fast if the character is to have any sense of reality.

4. He does not warn the Luthras that their new bahu Shanaya is a gold-digger.He feels that it's none of his business. His brother's happiness do not mean anything to him.

5.He feels good when Karan compares Shaurya unfavorably with him.He does not let go of an opportunity to rub it in Shaurya's face when the latter complains about it.To him Shaurya is just his enemy. The two brothers hate each other equally.

They dont ignore him. In every family there are times when you will not be the centre of attention. Shaurys is not the only important person there. He should realise that they are not ignoring him. Families love is not unconditional. That is the silly. Even he is family to them let Shaurya do it. Families love is reciprocal. He does not understand them. He does not even try. But then your last two sentences tell that it is impossible for Shaurya to realise how loving they are . The have not wanted him when he is bad? That is a straight out not right.

Because Shaurya is not outsider. First you need to decide whether Karan should treat him as family or outsider. If he Karan should have the same expectation that he has for outsider then dont complain why he is not treated as "family".

It is bare minimum. When Shaurya does not get involved in drugs then if Karan shouts it is wrong. When Shaurys doesnt involve himself in defaming a girls character then if Karan shouts at him then it is wrong. He deserved all the shouting he got.

Karan's standards are impossible and his methods to correct Shaurya includes humiliating and shouting at him. No son deserves this from his father. That's not likely to produce any results. Nor do the moral lectures which the other family members give freely. Karan needs to be tactful,patient and firm and let go of his prejudice that his son is always wrong.Shaurya loves his family eventhough he's mostly selfish. Look at how upset he was when they were jailed.

Rajveer is far from perfect. It is just that he is not evil like Shaurya. But i know that is the problem (lol).

Not just pain ..there are hardships, challenges and many other adversities that can bring change. Shaurya may need change. Rajveer is fine. He is not perfect ..he has his blind spots. He is just not horrible like Shaurya's character.

You are contradicting yourself. On one hand you say that Rajveer is fine and does not need to change. You state that he's perfect. Yet you don['t deny that he makes mistakes. In my opinion he's written as perfect. All the other characters except Shaurya, Sandy and Nidhi see him as perfect. When it's obvious that he makes his share of mistakes. But is let off on a get-out-of-jail card every time.Why? Because he's the central character and is "perfect".

capricornrcks thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChulbuliRao

also when palki is not being self righteous, she was more entertaining. i love shalki banter.. magarmach...blah blahsmiley37 she is so full of life when she is with shaurya. thats why i don't want shaurya to follow her like a lost puppy. i just wish the creatives to remember the intensity these two have and don't mellow it down.

sometimes i do not have any hopes from this serial. palki might end up staring in rajveer's lifeless blank eyes forever, have kids and separation over some silly issues as they both come across as GOD ALMIGHTY. kuch masala hi nahi hai

Agreed smiley20I love the Shaurya-Palki banter too. They come up with some interesting nicknames for each other. She's too busy being the obedient daughter and perfect girl friend the rest of the time. She needs someone who brings out her fun side and provokes her. I'm afraid you've predicted Palki's probable future. Shanaya just declared in the last episode that she genuinely loves Shaurya. The show already has an overdose of perfection and wholesomeness.I'm already yawning thinking about it. Shalki adds the much needed spice to this lukewarm mixture.

misspatel0 thumbnail

Agreed smiley20I love the Shaurya-Palki banter too. They come up with some interesting nicknames for each other. She's too busy being the obedient daughter and perfect girl friend the rest of the time. She needs someone who brings out her fun side and provokes her. I'm afraid you've predicted Palki's probable future. Shanaya just declared in the last episode that she genuinely loves Shaurya. The show already has an overdose of perfection and wholesomeness.I'm already yawning thinking about it. Shalki adds the much needed spice to this lukewarm mixture.

Palki loves peace which she gets with rajveer. She doesn't like to shout or get angry. This is not her nature.

Let me tell you something interesting

Every women has two sides so does palki has

She become maa parvati around rajveer and maa kali around shaurya.

Her actual fun side was shown with rajveer ,not with shaurya. Her peace get disturbed when shaurya is around.

Shalki itself sound so creepy and if you are looking for some spice then you can watch gen 1 KB. Nobody wants same creepy story again.

We want peace and non toxic couples. Till now they are non toxic & we love that. But makers can do anything to spice up in future.

Edited by misspatel0 - 8 months ago
ChulbuliRao thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

@ red too good i was hoping to have a really badass female vamp..now she too is turning into --bakri.. sarvagun sampanna log hai yaha par. agar baseer and sana ne itne promising scenes nahi diye hote to ghanta farak nahi padna tha..

misspatel0 thumbnail

I just listed all the wrong decisions taken by Rajveer in the other topic. Here goes

1. He deliberately kept Preetha away from Shaurya and Kavya. Why did he do this to Kavya whom he claims to love?

2.He humiliated Shaurya at the award function. Just when the latter had done something to make his family proud for the first time in his life.

3. He repeats it by sabotaging/attempting to murder Shaurya at his home.

Even after all this Rajveer refuses to learn from his mistakes and is forgiven. He's smug that his decisions are correct. He needs to change fast if the character is to have any sense of reality.

4. He does not warn the Luthras that their new bahu Shanaya is a gold-digger.He feels that it's none of his business. His brother's happiness do not mean anything to him.

5.He feels good when Karan compares Shaurya unfavorably with him.He does not let go of an opportunity to rub it in Shaurya's face when the latter complains about it.To him Shaurya is just his enemy. The two brothers hate each other equally.

I think you need to watch all the episodes again without missing single sec. You just want to prove shaurya innocent but people are not blind. In sbb baseer himself told that public of kb hate him bcoz of his character but currently this is what it is he said. He has to play. so don't justify his crime by blaming rajveer character.

capricornrcks thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChulbuliRao

@ red too good i was hoping to have a really badass female vamp..now she too is turning into --bakri.. sarvagun sampanna log hai yaha par. agar baseer and sana ne itne promising scenes nahi diye hote to ghanta farak nahi padna tha..

Oh you may still get your wish. Sarva gun sampanna takes me back to Shrenu Parikh/Zain Imam show. Look at the stuff she pulled off while appearing to be the perfect bahu. Wait till Shanaya gets Shaurya's ring on her finger. The girl who treats her own sister like the domestic help is not going to turn over a new leaf.She's just pretending to be the desi equivalent of a dumb blonde.We're supposed to swallow her confession of new-found love for Shaurya just like that without any explanation.

capricornrcks thumbnail

Originally posted by: misspatel0

I think you need to watch all the episodes again without missing single sec. You just want to prove shaurya innocent but people are not blind. In sbb baseer himself told that public of kb hate him bcoz of his character but currently this is what it is he said. He has to play. so don't justify his crime by blaming rajveer character.

Now when did I say that Shaurya is a saint? I said that both brothers are not blameless.It's just that Shaurya has space for change and growth.Which makes for an interesting character and plenty of drama. I'll repeat. Perfection leads to stagnation and stunted growth. Whether it be empires or people.