Gentleman (Green) - Humayun Saeed, Yumna Zaidi || DT.N. Pg78 - Page 136

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Enigma Experts

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: TheMsSupernova

There is an anime on Netflix,if I remember correctly, it’s about an ex-yakuza becoming a house husband after getting married. I have seen some scenes of it and it was kind of funny.

Season two of gentleman can be about Zarnab and Munna getting married, Munna becoming a normal househusband and how he deals with normal house chores.

Munna being completely clueless, with Dilbar laughing in the background and Rehmati giving Munna bad advice on how to do different choressmiley37.

Perfect comedy trio.

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It might work, but honestly, the possibility of it being cringe is too high. Plus, fantasy or supernatural themes tend to appeal more to a younger audience, which would mean lower TRPs and a lower budget. So, it's probably not going to be great.

I remember watching a drama where a jinn falls in love with a human. It wasn't a horror drama; instead, it focused on her falling in love with a human and using her powers on him to get him. She obviously didn’t get the guy in the end and what she did was so wrong, but I kind of felt sorry for her in the end.

Ohh .. I think you are talking about Dil Nawaz. Yes it is a well made show. I liked it. Although it still ended on girl scheming to get a guy but still it was something different. I am not sure but wasn't it a hit?

Yes. I get what you are saying about the budget being low and them ruining it. But they can still use stories where there are not much visual effects required. Like for example have you guys read 'The Golden Dynasty' by 'Kirsten Ashley' or 'The Transcendence' by Shay Savage. These are basically time travelling, fantasy genre novels but they don't need much visual effects. Just a bit of grandeur in terms of setting up the sets and good makeup would do the job. We have seen Coke Studio videos. We have got good skilled people in set design etc. Although I would love to see someone turning 'The Folk of the Air' series by Holly black in to a show. smiley42

Also, by creating different genre dramas they can tap into the still untapped youth market. TB is earning a lot from Youtube alone. These dramas can also earn on Youtube and other platforms I guess.

Historical genre can also be explored. Humayun's production house is already working on Salahuddin Ayubi but that is mostly Turkish production. I remember in olden days, PTV created Muhammad Bin Qasim and it was a hit.

WabalMunni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There is an anime on Netflix,if I remember correctly, it’s about an ex-yakuza becoming a house husband after getting married. I have seen some scenes of it and it was kind of funny.

Season two of gentleman can be about Zarnab and Munna getting married, Munna becoming a normal househusband and how he deals with normal house chores.

Lol..that would be fun. Munna tackling little munniya's hair would be so adorable to watch. smiley42

WabalMunni thumbnail

Munna being completely clueless, with Dilbar laughing in the background and Rehmati giving Munna bad advice on how to do different choressmiley37.

Perfect comedy trio.

Aww.. I can already envision at least three little bubbas. One In Munna ki godi, others in Dilbar and Rehmati ki godi main. Main tou kehti hoon Faris and Mifrah kai liye bhi aik aik hona chhaiye. It will keep Munna and Zarnab busy. smiley36

Tulip9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

✨✨Screenshot_2024-05-25-12-07-37-37_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Word Count: 0

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Enigma Experts

Originally posted by: AuntyDepressant

Ohh .. I think you are talking about Dil Nawaz. Yes it is a well made show. I liked it. Although it still ended on girl scheming to get a guy but still it was something different. I am not sure but wasn't it a hit?

Yes. I get what you are saying about the budget being low and them ruining it. But they can still use stories where there are not much visual effects required. Like for example have you guys read 'The Golden Dynasty' by 'Kirsten Ashley' or 'The Transcendence' by Shay Savage. These are basically time travelling, fantasy genre novels but they don't need much visual effects. Just a bit of grandeur in terms of setting up the sets and good makeup would do the job. We have seen Coke Studio videos. We have got good skilled people in set design etc. Although I would love to see someone turning 'The Folk of the Air' series by Holly black in to a show. smiley42

Also, by creating different genre dramas they can tap into the still untapped youth market. TB is earning a lot from Youtube alone. These dramas can also earn on Youtube and other platforms I guess.

Historical genre can also be explored. Humayun's production house is already working on Salahuddin Ayubi but that is mostly Turkish production. I remember in olden days, PTV created Muhammad Bin Qasim and it was a hit.

It's a good idea, but you never really know if something will resonate with the online audience. I agree that it doesn't necessarily need fancy special effects to be good. However, it seems that many channels are hesitant to take that chance. Plus, you would need writers who are skilled at making such content.

Green has produced a variety of dramas,some of which could have appealed to a younger online audience but didn't perform well. If you look at the types of dramas popular online, they're often same dramas that do well on TV. Even Geo has experimented with different types of dramas, but it's the typical ones that garner the most views and TRP.

Younger audiences always have other foreign series they can watch online, which may be of better quality. So, it's challenging for PTV to compete with platforms like Netflix. PTV has a genre in which it is good at, and those are the dramas that perform well online. If they try fantasy or supernatural genres, it might not do as well because it's new territory for them, and there are better options available online.

TheMsSupernova thumbnail

Enigma Experts

WabalMunni thumbnail

It's a good idea, but you never really know if something will resonate with the online audience. I agree that it doesn't necessarily need fancy special effects to be good. However, it seems that many channels are hesitant to take that chance. Plus, you would need writers who are skilled at making such content.

Green has produced a variety of dramas,some of which could have appealed to a younger online audience but didn't perform well. If you look at the types of dramas popular online, they're often same dramas that do well on TV. Even Geo has experimented with different types of dramas, but it's the typical ones that garner the most views and TRP.

Younger audiences always have other foreign series they can watch online, which may be of better quality. So, it's challenging for PTV to compete with platforms like Netflix. PTV has a genre in which it is good at, and those are the dramas that perform well online. If they try fantasy or supernatural genres, it might not do as well because it's new territory for them, and there are better options available online.

Yes you have a point there. I wish independent online makers come forward and do something about it. Start experimentally first with short simple15, 30 minutes stories. Slowly and gradually build the capability and skillset in these genres and the full fledged dramas later.