Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Witchofthewest

Not talking about zpkb. Its a social cause drama and it will get serious later, it has its own audience. Whereas if you talk about the massy shows like GM, or other shows of ary and geo which are fictional, people still try to find out huge messages hidden in the script.smiley36 This needs to be stopped and some shows should only be watched for entertainment and doing postmortem is really unnecessary, that’s what I was trying to say. Reviewers also do the same, well why to keep expectations high from a television show? If you get shows like these, then you get some serious shows as well which keeps the balance maintained. Also I agree that slap scene was ott, but we have seen it in BW and even in ptv. The premise of GM is a bit filmy with those dialogues as well, we should overlook these and see it as an entertaining watch, and that being said, I want to see what else the show offers.

People have some higher hopes from GM because of it's cast and crew. All of them have given mega hits in past.

A person like me watch dramas just for entertainment. Message hi chaiye toh usky liye aur bhot sy ways hain. A tv drama should not be consider as message giving platform. If it's giving it that's great. But every drama is not meant to give any message. Tho, I feel gentleman will give a solid message in coming episodes. It's just too filmy but will not call it messy like IM. Atleast here editing and direction is on point.

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

But, it is quite funny how all the gundas are falling for hersmiley37

Imagine her reaction when she realises she somehow became the reason for the fight between gundassmiley36

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

People have some higher hopes from GM because of it's cast and crew. All of them have given mega hits in past.

A person like me watch dramas just for entertainment. Message hi chaiye toh usky liye aur bhot sy ways hain. A tv drama should not be consider as message giving platform. If it's giving it that's great. But every drama is not meant to give any message. Tho, I feel gentleman will give a solid message in coming episodes. It's just too filmy but will not call it messy like IM. Atleast here editing and direction is on point.

There is no comparison between how GM is made and how Rind treated IM. Less said the better. Haisam’s a perfectionist and he pays attention to details like crazy. He might experiment, take risks but it’s in an effort to better the product, not destroy it.

GM main “message” ka I don’t know but as a woman watching it, it definitely takes me out of my comfort zone with the fantasy world building that’s been done.

For one it’s a totally male dominated world KRQ has created. There’s gangsters and lots of politics. And so far just one single woman in the show, surrounded by men wanting her to behave a certain way smiley36 There should have been more (waiting for Sohai for this reason).

So yes it’s an entertainer but it’s not the usual type. It’s a very new genre for ptv. Women watching it definitely have to get out of their usual Saas Bahu zone and expectations from a drama lol. I think even GL pointed it out that it’s almost like this show is trying to pull in ptv’s male audience rather than female - which is a great experiment and I hope it works 👍🏼

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Zarnab should be leader of this gang 🤣

Yes smiley37

Lecture bhi deti hai aur thappad bhi marti hai, she can be smiley36

https://x.com/aquester_/status/1792536377625612497?s=46

A gundi with a soft, confused and shooketh side trying to figure out why she can’t sleep now smiley36

https://x.com/stillrollinx/status/1792299715838550429?s=46

Omg smiley37

This week will just be memes on this lol

One thappar to rule them all

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

I think it will be khaani but in a non toxic way