~ Share your Fav. Sanjay Leela Bhansali film ~

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Sanjay Leela Bhansali ('SLB'), one of the most celebrated Film Makers in India has worked with eminent talent of the Indian film industry. His films celebrate the roots of Indian music and the scale of his films mounts his cinematic vision. In a career spanning across 3 decades, he has been bestowed with prestigious awards for his body of work. SLB has been awarded the national award five times and his film BLACK broke all records by being the first film to win 11 Filmfare awards, the most popular film award in India.

Devdas, an adaptation of Hindi literary masterpiece won over both audiences and critics. The film premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 2002. In 2003, it was nominated for the BAFTA as the Best Foreign Language Film and was India's submission for the Academy Awards as Best Foreign Language Film category. It stood eighth in Time magazine's "The 10 Greatest Movies of the Millennium".

Black, inspired by the life of Helen Keller starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rani Mukerji, stood fifth in Time (Europe)'s "10 Best Movies of the Year 2005" amongst films from across the world.

In 2008, Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed the opera Padmavati, an adaption of the 1923 ballet written by Albert Roussel. The first show premiered in Paris at the prestigious Théâtre du Châtelet and the next at the Festival dei Due Mondi.

Since 2010, Sanjay Leela Bhansali has been composing music for his own films. In addition to being on popular music charts, it has also won him a lot of appreciation and hearts. And in 2019, he was felicitated with national award for the best music for his film Padmaavat.

He diversified into film production under the banner Bhansali Productions and has several popular films to his credit.

In 2015, he was awarded the Padma Shri, fourth highest civilian award of India for his contribution to Indian Cinema.

Share which of his films you liked the most. Anything from his films, scenes, dialogues, music, etc.

Note- Above poster isn't indicating any ranking order, it is chronological orders in which SLB Directed his films.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Revathy12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 4

HDDCS

Devdas

Guzaarish

Ram leela

Bajirao mastani

My fav

Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8

Devdas Ram Leela and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam are my favs 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I can't stand SLB films, they are just not my cup of tea. Only movie which I thoroughly enjoyed from start to end has to be Guzaarish. May be his biggest flop and least liked but doesn't matter. I remember people in my hall not liking it at all and me being absolutely surprised that people got bored while I loved it . I felt so angry when Salman commented that only makkhis were watching this film. smiley36 Was also in love with the song Udi. Something about the movie really clicked with me, the anguish, the gloom, the helplessness, and few characters  on screen Ash, Adi, Shernaz. 

https://youtu.be/5G8w00Zf5mY

Apart from that from music perspective, I loved HDDCS album the most, had a casette that I used to play like crazy. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

HDDCS and Devdas. His best work. He was at his finest when making these.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

I felt so angry when Salman commented that only makkhis were watching this film. smiley36 

Dear, Salman never said that to Guzaarish. He was referring to his own film "Phir Milenge", the art film kind to which no audience turned up. He was talking about that only. There was no way he could say anything about Hrithik's film or Bhansali's film. Hrithik when came on Bigg Boss 13, was all praise for Salman, they share a wonderful friendship bond.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Black for the story. Ram Leela and Devdas for the stunning visuals. Bajirao purely for PC.

Guinea thumbnail

HDDCS , Black , Bajirao Mastani 

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Dear, Salman never said that to Guzaarish. He was referring to his own film "Phir Milenge", the art film kind to which no audience turned up. He was talking about that only. There was no way he could say anything about Hrithik's film or Bhansali's film. Hrithik when came on Bigg Boss 13, was all praise for Salman, they share a wonderful friendship bond.

Arey bola hai.. News mein headlines the uss waqt iske.😆