Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

I have heard standup comedians saying worse things in the name of comedy- making fun of disabled people, autistic kids, special needs children and adults etc, and have come to make peace with the thing that it is the nature of their job. Nothing and no one is barred from their reach. I don’t like it at all, but it is the way it is unfortunately! Just to add,That’s why I basically stay away from such things as I don’t like it.

BTW.. he tweeted those things..not part of his stand up act

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

😆 When asked for source, you gave.
Then came the question— yeh kaun hai.
so you have specific ministers’ statement.
then came the whataboutism— where is Mota bhai.
tomorrow Mota bhai comes, then this lot will say, where is Modi, modi comes then will say, where is President, president comes and then say, where is queen Elizabeth.

Never ending hai yeh sab. No matter however much rational source of information you provide or however more sense you make, yehi chalta rahega. 😆

As I keep on saying...hate is n all consuming emotion..uska koi ilaaj nahi hai

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

People who claim Vir Das disrespected women by making crass jokes (which comedians or anyone around the world is entitled to do, anyway)...

There is a huge difference between mocking women in jokes and sexually assaulting them. The 2nd is what he talked about.

If you can't see the difference between crass jokes and rape enough to know he has all the moral high ground to talk about sexual assault as does any random harmless person, then it's a you problem I'm afraid.

If you do know, then conflating rape and crass jokes to minimize and dismiss the horrific crime that is rape is not cool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RashmiDVS/status/1460931726679572489

Judge for yourself..

And this wasn't part of a stand up act..it was on his social media handle

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

I have heard standup comedians saying worse things in the name of comedy- making fun of disabled people, autistic kids, special needs children and adults etc, and have come to make peace with the thing that it is the nature of their job. Nothing and no one is barred from their reach. I don’t like it at all, but it is the way it is unfortunately! Just to add,That’s why I basically stay away from such things as I don’t like it.

So it's okay to make crass jokes on disabled people and autistic folks? Did you just seriously say that?

No, it's not 'the nature of the job'. There's no job in the world that forces you to make crass jokes on underprivileged people.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

People who claim Vir Das disrespected women by making crass jokes (which comedians or anyone around the world is entitled to do, anyway)...

There is a huge difference between mocking women in jokes and sexually assaulting them. The 2nd is what he talked about.

If you can't see the difference between crass jokes and rape enough to know he has all the moral high ground to talk about sexual assault as does any random harmless person, then it's a you problem I'm afraid.

If you do know, then conflating rape and crass jokes to minimize and dismiss the horrific crime that is rape is not cool.

Dude, you know what you're saying? Are you seriously saying that, "comedians are ENTITLED to make crass sexual jokes on women"? Did you just say that?

Do you know that crass, misogynistic jokes are a part of the rape culture? There's a reason nobody directly cracks rape jokes anymore.

Same goes for jokes on genocides, the Holocaust, disabled people and stuff.

I'm sorry, but people who make crass sexist jokes on women aren't 'harmless'. They're a part of the problem. I'm sorry.

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago
1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Dude, are you for real? Are you seriously saying that, "comedians are ENTITLED to make crass sexual jokes on women"? Did you just say that?

Do you know that crass, misogynistic jokes are a part of the rape culture? There's a reason nobody cracks rape jokes anymore.

Same goes for jokes on genocides, the Holocaust, disabled people and stuff.

I'm sorry, but people who make crass sexist jokes on women aren't 'harmless'. They're a part of the problem. I'm sorry.

Yes, I said that. Because freedom of speech by definition includes hate speech.

And no, the difference between speech and rape is obvious.

If you cannot see there is a difference between crass talk and rape, then it's a problem with you.

If I were to assign evil motives to people who are conflating the two, I'd say you are deliberately doing so to minimize rape.

You (generic you) are doing it to include everyone and anyone in the group that commits rape and other atrocities, which would obviously cause the protests against the system to die down.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Mahisa_22 thumbnail

Yes, I said that. Because freedom of speech by definition includes hate speech.

And no, the difference between speech and rape is obvious.

If you cannot see there is a difference between crass talk and rape, then it's a problem with you.

If I were to assign evil motives to people who are conflating the two, I'd say you are deliberately doing so to minimize rape.

How exactly am I conflating the two? I'm not.

I'm saying, people with crass, sexist mindsets shouldn't lecture on rape. As. Simple. As. That.

Also, are you saying that freedom of speech is absolute? I'm afraid it's not. You get jailed for hate speech in the most civilized countries.

1123225 thumbnail

How exactly am I conflating the two? I'm not.

I'm saying, people with cras, sexist mindsets shouldn't lecture on rape. As. Simple. As. That.

You are totally conflating crass jokes with rape. With it, you're trying to shut down someone who points out the very real reality of violence against women by pointing out he "said" crass things.

And no. Hate speech gets you jailed in authoritarian countries, not civilized ones. As humans, you have the right to say things that are not acceptable as long as you are not inciting violence or doing violence,.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

So it's okay to make crass jokes on disabled people and autistic folks? Did you just seriously say that?

No, it's not 'the nature of the job'. There's no job in the world that forces you to make crass jokes on underprivileged people.

Did I say that? I clearly said I don’t like it that’s why I stay away from such shows. You got to read fully before you reply.

Mahisa_22 thumbnail

You are totally conflating crass jokes with rape. With it, you're trying to shut down someone who points out the very real reality of violence against women by pointing out he "said" crass things.

And no. Hate speech gets you jailed in authoritarian countries, not civilized ones. As humans, you have the right to say any things that is not acceptable as long as you are not inciting violence or doing violence,.

Dude, you seriously have no clue what you're talking about. Please read up about rape culture first. Like I said, there's a reason why rape jokes are not accepted in civilized society anymore. Nobody is saying rape is the same as sexist jokes. But if someone views women through derogatory, sexist lens and cracks jokes on that, then they're a part of the problem and don't have any moral ground to be talking about sexual assault.

And no, hate speech gets you jailed in many civilized countries. Especially hate speech against ethnic groups. Please know what you're talking about. It's a punishable offence in countries like Canada, Germany, France etc.