Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I used to be a big PC fan but the alleged SRK affair has put me off her. I don't mind her fangirling over him since that is innocent but there's a big difference between that and an actual relationship/affair.

I feel bad for Shahid in that KWK clip.

Tbh it sounds so made up to me 😆

PC has been touring with him since early 2000s and it’s funny the rumours only came up after Don and when they started hosting together. Their chemistry was amazing though. She couldn’t hide how much she crushed on him 😆

It’s so obvious that she fangirled him; had it been an actual affair she would have kept mum about it.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

She might have been good but I really liked Aishwarya in JA. She gave a good performance and looked beautiful 👍🏼

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Aishwarya was made for that role. She may not be the greatest actor but when the casting is perfect, it doesn't matter. Aish is so beautiful and has such a regal and poised posture, you automatically believe her as a queen. She doesn't even have to say anything.

Ancient queens didn't have plastic noses and inflated collagen lips. Priyanka has too artificial a look and vibe for a role like this.

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

I can't imagine anyone else in Manmohana♥️

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Watched that movie to see Ash in traditional clothes. Priyanka and Roshan look weird together.   

I liked What's Your Rashee btw.  It was fun.  

TrollikaDevi thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Aishwarya was made for that role. She may not be the greatest actor but when the casting is perfect, it doesn't matter. Aish is so beautiful and has such a regal and poised posture, you automatically believe her as a queen. She doesn't even have to say anything.

Ancient queens didn't have plastic noses and inflated collagen lips. Priyanka has too artificial a look and vibe for a role like this.

Yeah the lips ! 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

PC is best for roles like fashion, dostana and Don…

She acted really well in Bajirao but she doesn’t look good in period movies.. even Deepika doesn’t for that matter - they look good in western outfits.

Aish may be light skinned and leave light eyes but she looks stunning in Indian attire - same with Rani Mukherjee, Madhuri etc.. they look gorgeous in heavy Indian clothes and jewellery.

TrollikaDevi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

She acted really well in Bajirao but she doesn’t look good in period movies.. even Deepika doesn’t for that matter - they look good in western outfits.

Aish may be light skinned and leave light eyes but she looks stunning in Indian attire - same with Rani Mukherjee, Madhuri etc.. they look gorgeous in heavy Indian clothes and jewellery.

Yes PC looks way too contemporary for a period film.  I liked her in Bajirao but the lips did stand out lol.  

Aish has always looked Desi to me.  More of a Classical Indian Beauty . I'd watch Devdas over and over just to see her in those sarees.  She's usually  goofy in westernised roles

I liked Deepika's look as Mastani but she doesn't have Aishwaryas grace to pull off traditional roles.  Love Rani with gajra on.  She rocked those short dresses and platform heels too. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

Yes PC looks way too contemporary for a period film.  I liked her in Bajirao but the lips did stand out lol.  

Aish has always looked Desi to me.  More of a Classical Indian Beauty . I'd watch Devdas over and over just to see her in those sarees.  She's usually  goofy in westernised roles

I liked Deepika's look as Mastani but she doesn't have Aishwaryas grace to pull off traditional roles.  Love Rani with gajra on.  She rocked those short dresses and platform heels too. 

Rani looked most gorgeous in Paheli.. she looked so stunning.

Aish does have Indian features imo.. When people have learned classical dance like kathak & Bharatnatyam.. it changes the way people carry themselves. I can make out if someone has learnt them well just by how they walk.. Idk if you have noticed or you would agree but I have seen many western dancers who do Bollywood dancing (not including people who have learnt Indian classical like Svetlana Tulasi) even if they get the steps right.. they are a bit rigid.. most Indians have that fluidity or flow naturally..

Even Aditi Hyadri looked absolutely gorgeous in Padmavat.. ❤️

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Just an FYI for the forum in general. Y'all do realise that "period films" are NOT just Sanjay Leela Bhansali types with all the fancy jewellery and clothing

17 Years Of Devdas: Why Paro And Chandramukhi Are Still Our Fashion Icons

Bombay Velvet (2015) is a period movie set in the 1960s.

Barfi! (2012) is a period movie set in the 1970s.

Guru (2007) is a period movie set in the 1950s.

Titanic (1997) is a period movie set in the 1910s.

Anurag Kashyap shares unseen character posters of 'Bombay Velvet'

So to say Priyanka Chopra is not good in a "period movie" is incorrect unless you're including Barfi! in that equation.

Priyanka Chopra says she did not get awards or appreciation for Barfi, but her fans loved it : Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Edited by Rekha_ji - 2 years ago