Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Honestly I have connected with Virat's character the most during the first year of the show.

He was understandable even during the Shruti track. He requested just a lill bit of trust from Sai and dropped so many hints that a book should not be judged by its cover but Sai was unable to maintain her patience.

But since the surrogacy track, this character has nose dived. His every action and thought process is ambiguous and questionable. So much so that that true essence is long gone. And when I see him today and then binge watch the old episodes, it's unfortunate how such a nice character is compromised.

Edited by kuchnaakahoo - 1 years ago
LadyD thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Haalim

I've a different understanding for the narrative and V's actions. May be I'm from the different school of thought and I perceive things differently. In fact when I started watching the show I was pretty sure I'm going to hate this guy going by what people on social media said. But I was only connected to his character after watching all the episodes.

I think if you watch episodes in one go back to back va one episode per day perception changes. I started watching post Shruti track & caught up till that in one go. Was thinking of skipping through Shruti track but when I watched my opinion of Virats actions was different. Watching this show in a go lets you understand actions better.

I don’t think problem was Neil’s acting, it was the character. Virat is more expressive, genuine when he is with Sai. Otherwise he puts a facade. That’s what shown post leap with Virat’s real emotions hidden, changing & that’s what made him very unlikable which of course naturally reflects on Neil. It must also be hard to act a character you can’t relate with. That’s why his interaction with Savi or Vinu came out great compared to overall.

btw if you see Pakhi’s talk when Virat comes to CN failing to bring Sai home about what Sais plan must be is exactly what she did with Virat post leap after Savi reveal. Virat is plain stupid IPS who failed to see.

Edited by LadyD - 1 years ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: kuchnaakahoo

Honestly I have connected with Virat's character the most during the first year of the show.

He was understandable even during the Shruti track. He requested just a lill bit of trust from Sai and dropped so many hints that a book should not be judged by its cover but Sai was unable to maintain her patience.

But since the surrogacy track, this character has nose dived. His every action and thought process is ambiguous and questionable. So much so that that true essence is long gone. And when I see him today and then binge watch the old episodes, it's unfortunate how such a nice character is compromised.

I totally agree. I watch old episodes when I'm bored and what a lovely character Virat was! He was never a perfect guy and that was his best part. He made mistakes and in the next episode would realize and corrected them unlike post leap where he kept on making mistakes after mistakes and never ever realized what he was doing. Though I enjoy watching sairat scenes a lot but my personal favorites are always those pakrat scenes where he gives it back to Pakhi and always showed his loyalty and commitment towards Sai to her. I know the makers have successfully made viewers hate Virat so much that they've forgotten some amazing scenes and actions of Virat. I can't believe they dedicated almost an entire episode of Virat showing his loyalty towards Sai to Pakhi. That scene was a gem. The way he said, even though at present our spouses are not with us we're still supposed to be loyal to them was one of his best scenes.

Haalim thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: LadyD

I think if you watch episodes in one go back to back va one episode per day perception changes. I started watching post Shruti track & caught up till that in one go. Was thinking of skipping through Shruti track but when I watched my opinion of Virats actions was different. Watching this show in a go lets you understand actions better.

I don’t think problem was Neil’s acting, it was the character. Virat is more expressive, genuine when he is with Sai. Otherwise he puts a facade. That’s what shown post leap with Virat’s real emotions hidden, changing & that’s what made him very unlikable which of course naturally reflects on Neil. It must also be hard to act a character you can’t relate with. That’s why his interaction with Savi or Vinu came out great compared to overall.

btw if you see Pakhi’s talk when Virat comes to CN failing to bring Sai home about what Sais plan must be is exactly what she did with Virat post leap after Savi reveal. Virat is plain stupid IPS who failed to see.

I didn't know people blamed only Virat in Shruti track as well till recently. Everyone perceives characters differently as per their own understanding. I understand V's character not that I find him right every time. I just connect with him well.

I feel Neil as an actor is very raw. Emotions come naturally to him, that's why when you see him soft he's the best guy and when he's angry he looks dangerous.

Pakhi's character has been that of a master manipulator since start. She manipulated her parents, Virat, Samrat, Kaku, Vinu, Ashwini and even Sai post MiMo track. I know makers didn't address it but I felt Sai's quick judgement of Virat during Shruti track was due to Pakhi's manipulation too when she warned her about a third person coming between them. Yes Virat's character is not street smart but then not every person who's good in academics is necessarily smart 😆

404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

I totally agree. I watch old episodes when I'm bored and what a lovely character Virat was! He was never a perfect guy and that was his best part. He made mistakes and in the next episode would realize and corrected them unlike post leap where he kept on making mistakes after mistakes and never ever realized what he was doing. Though I enjoy watching sairat scenes a lot but my personal favorites are always those pakrat scenes where he gives it back to Pakhi and always showed his loyalty and commitment towards Sai to her. I know the makers have successfully made viewers hate Virat so much that they've forgotten some amazing scenes and actions of Virat. I can't believe they dedicated almost an entire episode of Virat showing his loyalty towards Sai to Pakhi. That scene was a gem. The way he said, even though at present our spouses are not with us we're still supposed to be loyal to them was one of his best scenes.

That’s my favorite scene too . In the pre leap many times Virat showed P her place and supported Sai over P . In fact he ignored her presence after Samrat’s return . I guess surrogacy track has made us forget those scenes .
404_NotFound thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haalim

I didn't know people blamed only Virat in Shruti track as well till recently. Everyone perceives characters differently as per their own understanding. I understand V's character not that I find him right every time. I just connect with him well.

I feel Neil as an actor is very raw. Emotions come naturally to him, that's why when you see him soft he's the best guy and when he's angry he looks dangerous.

Pakhi's character has been that of a master manipulator since start. She manipulated her parents, Virat, Samrat, Kaku, Vinu, Ashwini and even Sai post MiMo track. I know makers didn't address it but I felt Sai's quick judgement of Virat during Shruti track was due to Pakhi's manipulation too when she warned her about a third person coming between them. Yes Virat's character is not street smart but then not every person who's good in academics is necessarily smart 😆

I agree . I don’t have any complains with Shruthi track . That was the only track where we saw makers focusing on Virat’s pain and feelings .
404_NotFound thumbnail

Originally posted by: kuchnaakahoo

One cannot argue that his character was butchered the most in surrogacy track . They could have easily shown BK and P orchestrating surrogacy Kand in the absence of Virat but they purposely included him which made no difference to the story . Post leap his character was compromised again for drama .
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: 404_NotFound

That’s my favorite scene too . In the pre leap many times Virat showed P her place and supported Sai over P . In fact he ignored her presence after Samrat’s return . I guess surrogacy track has made us forget those scenes .

Yeah and we can't blame the viewers for forgetting all his good scenes because his negative scenes are more in number compared to his positive scenes.