Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

The movie "My Favorite Wife" sounds much more interesting than this current track and it appears to be a comedy. It would have been more interesting if the writers had taken this approach with the track instead of having the more serious OTT drama instead.

I think I will watch this movie instead and have more fun and just skip out of this whole Liza/Akhilesh track.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
aasmanviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

I find it hard to believe that such a pathetic, goalless woman exists in today’s world. 

Same thing could be said about Naira who has stayed separate from Karthik 7/10 years but manages to keep coming back to the Goenka home. I feel good knowing Vedika will leave Karthik and not have to deal with the Goenka's anymore. That is a true blessing.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Naira has proved her mettle every now and then. She was a successful jewelry designer, accomplished dancer and wrote college exams when she was pregnant. In fact she was so successful in her career that it made Kartik insecure and jealous. 

She was an heiress from both sides of the family (Singhania’s daughter and Kartik Goenka’s wife) , still she worked hard and achieved her successes. This is why I respect her personality in spite of the mistakes she made. 

Vedika on the other hand was shown feeding off her foster family, waiting for the family heir to marry her. I understand that she has less screen presence, but there could have been a couple of dialogues stating her achievements. She knows she is in a loveless marriage, but has no option but to hold on to it. Remember “main kahan jaaongi”, “main akeli ho jaoongi”. That is why I sum her up as pathetic.

aasmanviewer thumbnail

The movie "My Favorite Wife" sounds much more interesting than this current track and it appears to be a comedy. It would have been more interesting if the writers had taken this approach with the track instead of having the more serious OTT drama instead.

I think I will watch this movie instead and have more fun and just skip out of this whole Liza/Akhilesh track.

Are you watching a movie with bigamy track to avoid YRKKh’s bigamy track? 😂 Just kidding.

rose2015 thumbnail

They didn't show us much what Vedika does but if you remember she went to Goa for an exhibition that she was participating in with Karthik so I assume she is involved with something.  But anyway this situation needs to be sorted out and I believe Vedika comes from a nice family as she still has her father's home where she could probably stay when she leaves Karthik. It is just that she considered Goenka's her family since last 5 years and more than Karthik she will lose them also. Her concern is losing not just a husband but an extended family.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
rose2015 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aasmanviewer

Are you watching a movie with bigamy track to avoid YRKKh’s bigamy track? 😂 Just kidding.

I just want to see how this track could have been presented in a comedic way. It would have been a nice change of pace to have a comedy track in YRKKH.

Intoxicator thumbnail

Oh it definitely is! It is one of those classic Hollywood 60s screwball comedies. It was remade with Doris Day as "Move On, Darling" (I think that's the title) but I found the Cary Grant one funnier and there was better chemistry between the leads.

rose2015 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prettywitty

Oh it definitely is! It is one of those classic Hollywood 60s screwball comedies. It was remade with Doris Day as "Move On, Darling" (I think that's the title) but I found the Cary Grant one funnier and there was better chemistry between the leads.

Thanks for the movie recommendation! I wouldn't have known about if it wasn't mentioned here.

aasmanviewer thumbnail

They didn't show us much what Vedika does but if you remember she went to Goa for an exhibition that she was participating in with Karthik so I assume she is involved with something.  But anyway this situation needs to be sorted out and I believe Vedika comes from a nice family as she still has her father's home where she could probably stay when she leaves Karthik. It is just that she considered Goenka's her family since last 5 years and more than Karthik she will lose them also. Her concern is losing not just a husband but an extended family.

Exactly, they haven’t shown much about what Vedika does. I am commenting based upon what I have seen so far (i.e serving food, tea). She was not participating with Kartik in Goa exhibition. He was helping her setup the booth because she sprained her ankle. Kartik ended up picking the losses incurred due to her Goa exhibition for whatever reason. Also we don’t know how significant this exhibition was, because Naira also had a bakery booth there. 

It is not about coming from a good family or not. It is about having eveything but still working hard (like Naira), so you have somewhere to fall back to. If Vedika had a life or career of her own, she would have “work friends”. She would not be left “akeli” as she claims. She had no one from her side except Dr.Pallavi even at the wedding.

Edited by aasmanviewer - 4 years ago
rose2015 thumbnail

You can feel lonely even if you are surrounded by people because you feel you have no one you can talk to who can advise you. The only one she can talk to is her doctor friend. Maybe she can help Vedika sorts this situation out.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Sharmas

Originally posted by: Fari_15

Isn’t it Kartik’s job to tell Naira to leave considering they don’t have a relationship anymore? Why does he expect her to stay? 

Even if she’s staying for Kairav’s sake, Kartik should be the one reassuring his new wife that there is nothing between him and Naira. Naira told him to tell Vedika but he got annoyed abt that.

It’s Kartik’s fault more than anyone else’s. Vedika is his back up plan and she’s too stupid to see that. Once Naira starts warming up to him again and he sees even an opening of her forgiving him, he wouldn’t waste a second to throw Vedika out of his life. 

kArthik won’t let naira go ..he said that the other day..and if naira takes kairav and leaves,.hes probably going to go after them... he won’t be able to live without them... I think vedika knows exactly what’s going on,,..she knows they are coming close ..but I think she wants to hold onto karthik no matter what, .she knew he had zero romantic interest in her but she broadcasted to the world that she loves him and expects marriage ..  and she married him well aware that he feels nothing for her..Vedika is no fool..I think, shes playing her cards well. She wants karthik and to be his wife with all the perks that goes with it ...the goenka bahu priviledge ..etc...it doesn’t matter what he feels about...she has him..and the status  of his wife and that’s all that matters..and now she will put naira in her place ..like she did today when she sent naira to the back seat. I think the only way out is for her marriage to karthik to be declared invalid..I can’t see vedika letting go of her position as karthiks wife..and she also said the other day that she knows kairav will unite his parents some day..and she’s very concerned about where she will go...so I think she’s going to fight to stay In the marriage..like a Parasite ..