Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Is Vedika really a villain?

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

🤣Like reading the comments all around(Of ppl claiming shes the bad one)...and then watching her seeing her husband with someone else is bound to make her bitter...

How is it not the same thing as Mihir cozying up with naira and kartik misunderstanding things at that time nobody said Mihir is her soulmate so its correct 

Just found that people could not see the that surprised me. 

Kartik made me laugh when he started the dono ki galti ti thing🤣 i was waiting for that to start... 

I was hoping we would have a scene of him putting on that ring or taking it off and being like i cant wear this symbol if i love naira or something like that...

Akhilesh's boxing bag hitting him was so funny...LOL why ddn it knock him out permananetly coz i suddenly find pizza him and chachi triangle kind of cringe worthy because kaira is up their asses 

I love how due to problem solving kairavs parents are currently unavailable...🤣these two losers cant fix their own shit want to help others...LOL LOL LOL W**F

Edited by AnyaRSingh - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Its not at about vedika. Its not connecting to the character. I throughly and nicely know about naira and kartik. That how its their fear and their problems. That how they make rash decisions. But pankhuri in iv said vedika is a mature and understanding person..instead if she said she is a grey character ...that makes up for it. How a mature person behaves like this ? Before wedding she was scared that she will have no chance with kartik ... and now after wedding its like she doesnt care for kartiks feelings. Despite she is the one who loves him or pretends to be a friend... not the other way around. If this was kartik instead of vedika i would have understood..but one side she claims to be mature, a friend to kartik and other side she taunts naira when no one is present. 

I dont know if you have noticed but she is taunting and rude to naira when they are alone..but infront of family she is like i am coming in between of kaira. Thats pure manipulative nature. She is  practically two faced. 

About you saying how when seeing your husband makes you bitter...have you heard her saying " i am the wife ...she is just his kids mother  ( biwi toh mein hu wo toh bas unke bache ki maa hai ) this made me irritated like anything. 

For 5 years all you have seen is his pain...how he cried or how he wept on mehendi day...and still that is the only thing she focuses on ? Like i understand if they had shown us pankhuri saying rhat vedika is immature just like kaira..then it would be perfect as i would understand.  But here she has no love for kartik... when you love a person you choose their happiness over yours...isint this true about kaira ? Nairas brain clot ...she didnt want to hurt kartik...after she forgot him... thus she preferred to suffer alone which is dumb but that is a form of love. But being blind to your so called husbands feelings and his emotions when you claim to understand and love him is where viewers dont connect with vedika. Also how easily she is respected and loved by both goenkas and singhanias it is not fair to naira .

Also kaira as a couple has fire chemistry. They no matter what have gone through thick and .thin...whatever anger love jealousy all emotions are just between thrm and as a fan i would consider any person a villain if they come between them. 

Saru.n thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

So nicely said.. how being thinking that she could force a man into love is maturity and understanding... She very well know that Kartik was never ready to marry her, he wept for his wife for all those years she was not present.. and her marriage with Kartik is just because they didn't know Naira was alive and out of Dadi pressure.

For once if Kartik knew that Naira is alive he wouldn't have married Vedika... 

A matured person(as she told Vedika's character is) will never cling to such a relation leave apart asking for her rights and stuff... how is she delusionally thinking that the man who was weeping in between their marriage rituals will change and accept her when his beloved wife is back just because he has taken wows with her... 

I totally don't understand her behaviour right now, her jealousy and throwing  things, anger and taunting ...she is doing all this as if kartik was once in love with her and now as Naira is back she is taking her place.... she very well know that Kartik has no feelings for her, he never had(even when Naira was not around) and asking Niara to leave will not help her in anyway... rather it would instigate kartik to hate her as she will again separate his child from him...

Can't relate with her...

Ajscinesonadar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The point here is  pankhuri is not  really a good actress at least for portraying vedika,(may be she is good but as vedika nah)so it's becoming difficult for audience to connect to her, people confused about what she really trying to emote villian giri or bichara pan.

Kaira people tho obvio  whoever comes between kaira are villians. But for people who watch with general perspective I doubt actually they are able to connect. During teej I remember feeling bad for her when Kartik ignored her royally she was expecting his glance while applying mehendi. But again in her next scene her low skill acting made me skip her scenes like before when I tried to understand her character.

So for me I won't  say she is  either villian or bichari. But one thing actress is not able to make that connection  like other casts in yrkkh does not all but yes some.

I feel even pankhuri also not trying to get into vedika's shoes she is just doing as its her job and she wants attention and justify her character whatever way even without properly understanding vedika in IVs. 

Also I will blame makers for their inconsistent writing like always, it was so said in the beginning marriage just for family and they will stay as friends and vedika was also okay about it. But here they are showing as if  kartik and she had love relationship and kartik is cheating on her. A person with common sense will understand when you had no chance in the absence of your crush's wife/lover due to some circumstances or forcefully you entered your crush's life and the same day his lover is back he won't able to see anything else other  than  the person he longed for  5 years.

If makers showed vedika in dilemma it would have justified but here she is totally focused to get rid of naira and get kartik whole hers when she knows what kartik hearts want for and she is very much conscious.

In 3000 celebrations Iv pankhuri  said Rs explained her kaira are soulmates so they will get back but it will happen gradually. I think even pankhuri is confused what exactly makers want to do with vedika so she is not able convey the character properlysmiley36

Edited by Ajscinesonadar - 4 years ago
Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

I am gonna be honest. From a practical POV, yes Vedika is not wrong to feel insecure and threatened. She does have a right to question her husband’s whereabouts. 

Few things which I find wrong in her character: 

1) She married Kartik knowing fully well he was still in love with his dead wife. Even if he had made promises and what not, how is she expecting him to move on or stop loving Naira, now that she’s back? 

Her dialogues that everything would be normal once Naira leaves, but whom is she kidding? Kartik hasn’t spoken to her once since they got married. She has seen him running after Naira, leaving her behind, but she still expects him to forget Naira? 

I am not saying her expectations are wrong given the fact that they are married but she’s just coming across as delusional right now. She hasn’t even had a conversation with Kartik about where they stand. 

2) She’s blaming Naira and everything, but shouldn’t her questions be directed towards Kartik? He’s the one “cheating” on her, he’s the one who married her, not Naira. Why does she expect Naira to walk away, shouldn’t her husband be the one to draw the lines? 

3) It’s not about the marriage but her character. She’s  extremely weak, which is what annoys me the most. She can’t take a stand for herself. Her father died, the Goenkas accepted her, but if that wasn’t enough, she fell in love with a man who was grieving his wife. She guilt tripped Kartik into marrying her because of her own unrealistic expectations. Now she wants to hold on to him forever because of her one sided love and the fear of what’s gonna happen to her if Kartik leaves her. She doesn’t have any self-respect which is what irritates the hell out of me. 

From a non-practical POV, I simply hate her. I don’t even know why. It’s something to do with how her character is portrayed, her expressions, her dialogue delivery. I have been brought up to be an independent, confident girl, so to a see a girl being this desperate for marriage, irks me I guess. I hate it when girls can’t stand up for themselves, talk in this timid, bechari voice. 

Also, obviously from a fangirl POV as well, she’s the most annoying third wheel ever. I can’t enjoy Kaira scenes as well because there’s always this looming thought about Vedika. 

Fari_15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fireiswithinus

Its not at about vedika. Its not connecting to the character. I throughly and nicely know about naira and kartik. That how its their fear and their problems. That how they make rash decisions. But pankhuri in iv said vedika is a mature and understanding person..instead if she said she is a grey character ...that makes up for it. How a mature person behaves like this ? Before wedding she was scared that she will have no chance with kartik ... and now after wedding its like she doesnt care for kartiks feelings. Despite she is the one who loves him or pretends to be a friend... not the other way around. If this was kartik instead of vedika i would have understood..but one side she claims to be mature, a friend to kartik and other side she taunts naira when no one is present. 

I dont know if you have noticed but she is taunting and rude to naira when they are alone..but infront of family she is like i am coming in between of kaira. Thats pure manipulative nature. She is  practically two faced. 

About you saying how when seeing your husband makes you bitter...have you heard her saying " i am the wife ...she is just his kids mother  ( biwi toh mein hu wo toh bas unke bache ki maa hai ) this made me irritated like anything. 

For 5 years all you have seen is his pain...how he cried or how he wept on mehendi day...and still that is the only thing she focuses on ? Like i understand if they had shown us pankhuri saying rhat vedika is immature just like kaira..then it would be perfect as i would understand.  But here she has no love for kartik... when you love a person you choose their happiness over yours...isint this true about kaira ? Nairas brain clot ...she didnt want to hurt kartik...after she forgot him... thus she preferred to suffer alone which is dumb but that is a form of love. But being blind to your so called husbands feelings and his emotions when you claim to understand and love him is where viewers dont connect with vedika. Also how easily she is respected and loved by both goenkas and singhanias it is not fair to naira .

Also kaira as a couple has fire chemistry. They no matter what have gone through thick and .thin...whatever anger love jealousy all emotions are just between thrm and as a fan i would consider any person a villain if they come between them. 

It’s actually quite annoying when actors try to sell their characters just for the sake of it. Pankhuri has been defending her choice since the beginning because she has played powerful characters in the past, but what for? Just say it as it is rather than narrating character traits which are not there. 

Or maybe she is as delusional as her character. Believing she is mature, empathetic, balanced and what not. 

I watch the episodes because I love Kaira/Shivin but unlike some fans, I do have a practical side to me, so my dislike towards her is not just because she’s coming in between Kaira. The character is so one-dimensional. She’s spineless and weak. No mature woman would marry a guy like Kartik who had told her he was only marrying her for his family. And no mature woman would expect him to start loving her one day, especially when the love of his life is back. 

I wish someone would sit her down one day and tell her what all Kartik-Naira have gone through, from mother’s accident, divorce, fertility issues to losing a baby within minutes of her being born. They have so much of history between them yet they love each other. How can Vedika possibly think of competing and even winning against Naira? 

shahz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

She may not be a villain but she isn't the so called bechari that's she's trying so hard to come across in front of everyone. She is two faced, dillusional and just such a cringy desparate woman. She is selfish cuz all she thinks about is herself do you think that if she had any power she would let Naira and Kairav stay at Goenkas for even a seco e cuz I very much have my doubts....she hasn't got a control of Kartik and the Goenkas yet so she has zero power. Did Kartik or Goenkas ask her if she was OK with Naira staying there in fact it was Naira who seekef her permission no one even bothered to acknowledge her at that time. And will the makers and actors stop trying to sell her for what she isn't is another reason to really dislike her. Which sane woman, mature understanding woman would marry a guy like Kartik. The guy was a breathing only for his dead wife and now when that wife is back all her understanding and realisation has jumped out of the window and all she cares about is getting her right on Goenkas and Kartik. Kaira are wrong and we know it but Vedika is intolerable bas! 

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Fari_15

I am gonna be honest. From a practical POV, yes Vedika is not wrong to feel insecure and threatened. She does have a right to question her husband’s whereabouts. 

Few things which I find wrong in her character: 

1) She married Kartik knowing fully well he was still in love with his dead wife. Even if he had made promises and what not, how is she expecting him to move on or stop loving Naira, now that she’s back? 

Her dialogues that everything would be normal once Naira leaves, but whom is she kidding? Kartik hasn’t spoken to her once since they got married. She has seen him running after Naira, leaving her behind, but she still expects him to forget Naira? 

I am not saying her expectations are wrong given the fact that they are married but she’s just coming across as delusional right now. She hasn’t even had a conversation with Kartik about where they stand. 

2) She’s blaming Naira and everything, but shouldn’t her questions be directed towards Kartik? He’s the one “cheating” on her, he’s the one who married her, not Naira. Why does she expect Naira to walk away, shouldn’t her husband be the one to draw the lines? 

3) It’s not about the marriage but her character. She’s  extremely weak, which is what annoys me the most. She can’t take a stand for herself. Her father died, the Goenkas accepted her, but if that wasn’t enough, she fell in love with a man who was grieving his wife. She guilt tripped Kartik into marrying her because of her own unrealistic expectations. Now she wants to hold on to him forever because of her one sided love and the fear of what’s gonna happen to her if Kartik leaves her. She doesn’t have any self-respect which is what irritates the hell out of me. 

From a non-practical POV, I simply hate her. I don’t even know why. It’s something to do with how her character is portrayed, her expressions, her dialogue delivery. I have been brought up to be an independent, confident girl, so to a see a girl being this desperate for marriage, irks me I guess. I hate it when girls can’t stand up for themselves, talk in this timid, bechari voice. 

Also, obviously from a fangirl POV as well, she’s the most annoying third wheel ever. I can’t enjoy Kaira scenes as well because there’s always this looming thought about Vedika. 

Awesome. I am grateful that you said everything I want to. I wonder when people say Kartik has to call it quits. Why  can’t Vedika? What would she achieve in this forced relationship? Like you said only one with no self respect could behave like her. Totally concur with you. I just can’t watch one glimpse of her and avoid her scenes.,but my bad luck these days she is having scenes with Kaira.

She is living in a land of delusion. God bless her with good sense,.

And yes though I am not active on YRKKH forum before due to my preoccupations,I am a fan of the show and obsessively in love with Kartik and Naira.. 

So just can’t bear Vedika..

Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fari_15

It’s actually quite annoying when actors try to sell their characters just for the sake of it. Pankhuri has been defending her choice since the beginning because she has played powerful characters in the past, but what for? Just say it as it is rather than narrating character traits which are not there. 

Or maybe she is as delusional as her character. Believing she is mature, empathetic, balanced and what not. 

I watch the episodes because I love Kaira/Shivin but unlike some fans, I do have a practical side to me, so my dislike towards her is not just because she’s coming in between Kaira. The character is so one-dimensional. She’s spineless and weak. No mature woman would marry a guy like Kartik who had told her he was only marrying her for his family. And no mature woman would expect him to start loving her one day, especially when the love of his life is back. 

I wish someone would sit her down one day and tell her what all Kartik-Naira have gone through, from mother’s accident, divorce, fertility issues to losing a baby within minutes of her being born. They have so much of history between them yet they love each other. How can Vedika possibly think of competing and even winning against Naira

I agree with you. But this post wass about vedika being a villain thus i said this here..but in every other post i have said this that she is delusional and weak. Today getting all angry and jealous makes me wonder that maybe she thinks kartik loves her and naira is taking him away. Or maybe she pretends to be a friend because she doesnt understand a single emotion coming out of kartik. 

Going on and on about how aaj mauka toh do smbhal lugi makes me think she is delusional plus manipulative. 

Bold red - this really makes me think that in these 5 years they never remembered naira or what . And if they did ..didnt they tell her that how and  she has done for the family.? Its like she knows but she doesnt give two hoots as long as kartik stays with her. And also naira is till now chup chap abla nari...the day she sees the other side she will really think twice ...here she is respecting vedika as she assumes kartik and vedika like each other .... but the truth is known only to goenkas. 

I wish naira would atleast stand up for her self respect when surekha asks her...or in rumours slaps her. That is awful.

Fari_15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fireiswithinus

I agree with you. But this post wass about vedika being a villain thus i said this here..but in every other post i have said this that she is delusional and weak. Today getting all angry and jealous makes me wonder that maybe she thinks kartik loves her and naira is taking him away. Or maybe she pretends to be a friend because she doesnt understand a single emotion coming out of kartik. 

Going on and on about how aaj mauka toh do smbhal lugi makes me think she is delusional plus manipulative. 

Bold red - this really makes me think that in these 5 years they never remembered naira or what . And if they did ..didnt they tell her that how and  she has done for the family.? Its like she knows but she doesnt give two hoots as long as kartik stays with her. And also naira is till now chup chap abla nari...the day she sees the other side she will really think twice ...here she is respecting vedika as she assumes kartik and vedika like each other .... but the truth is known only to goenkas. 

I wish naira would atleast stand up for her self respect when surekha asks her...or in rumours slaps her. That is awful.

I don’t think she knows much about Kartik and Naira’s relationship because the family didn’t talk much about Naira during the 5 years. 

I think she knows Kartik loves her but she can’t foresee what others have already started acknowledging. Even Dadi has said that no matter what, Kartik would never be able to stop loving Naira or give her place to someone else. Maybe she thinks that because Naira deserted Kartik and he’s angry at her, he would be able to move on. Or when Naira leaves, he would start treating Vedika as his wife. 

I really don’t understand what her character wants and expects. What led her to all those delusions. If there was a clearer explanation, maybe we would be able to understand her better or sympathise with her, but right now theres nothing to her. What has the marriage even added anything to the storyline? Them being engaged would have sufficed as well. 

She has started demanding explanation from Kartik, so maybe we would see more of what she wants. However in that scene, i understood her annoyance but not Kartik’s reaction. Was he guilty, annoyed, taken aback?