Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Fireiswithinus

Lol ...that is so true. I kind of thought about it too. That like how if any mature girl was in her place she would have left kartik alone when she saw him crying during mehendi..but she turned it into her favour ... and made everyone remember that she was his responsibility.  

I also notice that she cares zero about kartiks feelings whom she claims as life partener...and thats a awful trait to have..it is this or pankhuri ( no hate to het ) but has failed to present us the emotions vedika feels. I go with the first one...because pankhuri is a good actress in general.  

100% agree.  And specially  after seeing todays episode.

Why are we expecting Vedika to be patient, forgiving and keep giving to Karthik when he gives her nothing? How much does he care about her feelings? In a marriage is it only the wife's responsibility to care for others but get nothing in return. Vedika got a bad deal. She is expected to be caring and compromising but gets nothing from Karthik in return.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
shahz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

We aren't expecting anything if that sort from her... What we are expecting is for her not to be 2 faced manipulative desparado. Since the makers and actress keep trying to sell the character to us by calling her mature understanding etc etc. The presence of the character is unbearable. 

Intoxicator thumbnail

Lurker unlurking here. I agree Vedika is acting out of frustration and insecurity. But this is not a normal second marriage, where the husband and second wife have some kind of pre-existing romantic or warm relationship. That has never existed between Kartik and Vedika (at least based on what the writers have shown us). Doesnt matter that Kartik assured that he can give her half his love or whatever. Actions speak louder than words and mature sensible people take those into account when making decisions.  If Vedika had even the most basic common sense and powers of observation, she would realize from Kartik's actions that this is completely a marriage of convenience for him.  She knew the crazy depth of Kartik's love/obsession for Naira. If he was this nuts over a dead woman for five years, what makes her think his feelings were going to evaporate once the living woman showed up with his son? 

It's not like he married Vedika for any reasons actually related to his feelings for her as a person. The only conversations he had with her that had some warmth were the ones where he was talking to her about his "strange connection" to Kairav. He was dying for someone to tell him it was okay for him to continue to stay in contact with Kairav and to talk about him - she was just a sounding board.

So what is the source of Vedika's insecurity and frustration, this 'main akeli ho jaongi' business? It's not because she's losing Kartik attention or company or love. She's never had those.  The only thing that comes to mind is she doesnt want to leave the Goenka household and the status of a Goenka bahu (and maybe getting Kartik to throw her a pity lay now and then that will let her produce a Goenka heir). She just seems so desperate, passive-aggressive and two-faced. Didn't she tell Dadi in an earlier episode that she wishes Naira was still alive so she could unite Kartik with her? What was up with that? 

For the record I'm not a rabid Kaira shipper, only started watching the show for 'timepass' a few months ago and I liked Pankury in Razia Sultan. It's just that the Vedika character as written (and  the way Pankhury is portraying her) comes across as weak and grasping and very unlikeable.  Vedika's problem doesn't  come from Kartik and Naira acting like they are married. It's that Vedika doesnt seem to realize or acknowledge that she and Kartik have NEVER acted like they're married or even as a couple. This is why her behavior is coming across as delusional and petty to so many of us. 

Not to say that Kartik and Naira are paragons of virtue but Vedika is really not being smart. A savvier woman would make lemonade out of this lemon, serve Kartik with divorce papers and demand a hefty alimony to keep her in luxury for the rest of her life. She needs to show some agency over her future Instead of this 'i'm your life partner' nonsense.

BTW there is a wonderful old Cary Grant movie called "My Favorite Wife" that depicts what happens when a first wife (who is presumed dead) turns up right after the husband has remarried a second wife (whom he actually likes). There, the second wife is understandably very insecure and even calls in a psychiatrist for the husband (not a bad idea for Kartik either!).  Maybe the writers need to watch that movie to learn how to milk the situation for tension, humor and romance instead of this depressingly irrational and regressive storyline. 

Edited by Prettywitty - 4 years ago
rose2015 thumbnail

What a frustrating track.

Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

Why are we expecting Vedika to be patient, forgiving and keep giving to Karthik when he gives her nothing? 

How much does he care about her feelings? In a marriage is it only the wife's responsibility to care for others but get nothing in return. Vedika got a bad deal. She is expected to be caring and compromising but gets nothing from Karthik in return.

Vedika took a bad deal. Why will he care about her feelings in the first place  & this happens when people are forced to get married.  

No one told vedika to marry kartik. At one place she claims to understand him...she is the one claiming here not kartik. Had kartik been the one to claim love and promises and understanding vedika this thread wouldnt be what it is. She claims to handle everythimg but i havent seen her once caring towards kartiks feelings. She bluntly ignored the need of a father to bond with his son when she was reassuring herself about how she is his wife and remembering that naira is just a mother of his kid. 

She is the one who acts in front of the family about how she came in between but whenever she got the chance in the first scene itself....she is like tum aahi gayi bich mein ? What was that ? I still didnt understand how as a girl a mature understanding girl fails to understand that a man weeping for his dead wife ...  the pain escapes from her eyes ? 

How does she not even have questioned once kartik that why did you doubt her ? Does she even know what all kartik has did to naira and vice versa ...... 

After naira came back...why did vedika didnt ask about what led to naira running away ? After they got married ... she has rights right ? Then why ? Does she not care ? Ok ye choro. 

Tell me if she is so caring then why didnt she once talk to kartik about what he feels ? Why didnt she understand? Maan lo if naira is dead... then what did she expect that he will sleep on the first night thus she was longingly seeing the bed ? 

@bold red - for what forgiveness ? For having a kid ? For not knowing ? For this situation which is not in his hands...what he can actually ask forgiveness is only to give into kdadi drama... iske alava for what he will say sorry to vedika ? Its not like he was so much caring and loving and suddenly vedika came and naira is taking him away ... also no one is saying she deserves it ...but kaira is not going and smooching... or making love or something. 

@bold blue - isint this is what happened to naira ? Like always ? She was either thrown out or slapped or got her dreams shattered stayed away from family ...replaced by singhanias.... kartik has always been on the better end...no one i remember has taunted him or hold a grudge to him even natik...when he called in mumbai he was like ha beta. Nothing compared to this has happened to vedika.  She illegally by law ( in real life ) stays with kartik and gets respected like anything. Even by singhanias. 

Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prettywitty

Lurker unlurking here. I agree Vedika is acting out of frustration and insecurity. But this is not a normal second marriage, where the husband and second wife have some kind of pre-existing romantic or warm relationship. That has never existed between Kartik and Vedika (at least based on what the writers have shown us). Doesnt matter that Kartik assured that he can give her half his love or whatever. Actions speak louder than words and mature sensible people take those into account when making decisions.  If Vedika had even the most basic common sense and powers of observation, she would realize from Kartik's actions that this is completely a marriage of convenience for him.  She knew the crazy depth of Kartik's love/obsession for Naira. If he was this nuts over a dead woman for five years, what makes her think his feelings were going to evaporate once the living woman showed up with his son? 

It's not like he married Vedika for any reasons actually related to his feelings for her as a person. The only conversations he had with her that had some warmth were the ones where he was talking to her about his "strange connection" to Kairav. He was dying for someone to tell him it was okay for him to continue to stay in contact with Kairav and to talk about him - she was just a sounding board.

So what is the source of Vedika's insecurity and frustration, this 'main akeli ho jaongi' business? It's not because she's losing Kartik attention or company or love. She's never had those.  The only thing that comes to mind is she doesnt want to leave the Goenka household and the status of a Goenka bahu (and maybe getting Kartik to throw her a pity lay now and then that will let her produce a Goenka heir). She just seems so desperate, passive-aggressive and two-faced. Didn't she tell Dadi in an earlier episode that she wishes Naira was still alive so she could unite Kartik with her? What was up with that? 

For the record I'm not a rabid Kaira shipper, only started watching the show for 'timepass' a few months ago and I liked Pankury in Razia Sultan. It's just that the Vedika character as written (and  the way Pankhury is portraying her) comes across as weak and grasping and very unlikeable.  Vedika's problem doesn't  come from Kartik and Naira acting like they are married. It's that Vedika doesnt seem to realize or acknowledge that she and Kartik have NEVER acted like they're married or even as a couple. This is why her behavior is coming across as delusional and petty to so many of us. 

Not to say that Kartik and Naira are paragons of virtue but Vedika is really not being smart. A savvier woman would make lemonade out of this lemon, serve Kartik with divorce papers and demand a hefty alimony to keep her in luxury for the rest of her life. She needs to show some agency over her future Instead of this 'i'm your life partner' nonsense.

BTW there is a wonderful old Cary Grant movie called "My Favorite Wife" that depicts what happens when a first wife (who is presumed dead) turns up right after the husband has remarried a second wife (whom he actually likes). There, the second wife is understandably very insecure and even calls in a psychiatrist for the husband (not a bad idea for Kartik either!).  Maybe the writers need to watch that movie to learn how to milk the situation for tension, humor and romance instead of this depressingly irrational and regressive storyline. 

👏perfectly said. 

aasmanviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fari_15

Isn’t it Kartik’s job to tell Naira to leave considering they don’t have a relationship anymore? Why does he expect her to stay? 

Even if she’s staying for Kairav’s sake, Kartik should be the one reassuring his new wife that there is nothing between him and Naira. Naira told him to tell Vedika but he got annoyed abt that.

It’s Kartik’s fault more than anyone else’s. Vedika is his back up plan and she’s too stupid to see that. Once Naira starts warming up to him again and he sees even an opening of her forgiving him, he wouldn’t waste a second to throw Vedika out of his life. 

Agreed. Considering Kartik’s obsession for Naira, not understanding why he needs a backup plan. Will he ever be able to move on with Vedika, after knowing that Naira is alive? 

Vedika asked Naira to leave the front seat for her, taunted her and drove rashly. Was it not an indication enough that she is angry at both of them? Kartik very conveniently ignored it, and asked if she drove that rashly always. 

He was concerned about Vedika getting hurt. He is giving an impression that he wants both of them. He wants Vedika to be around for family members specially Dadi. He wants Naira, so he follows her around, and grabs every opportunity to hold her when no one is watching. It is Kartik’s moral responsibility to set one of these ladies free, and put an end to bigamy. 

Naira needs to stop acting like a bechari mom. It would be nice to see her back in her sherni avatar. 

Vedika ka kuch nahi ho sakta. I find it hard to believe that such a pathetic, goalless woman exists in today’s world. 

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I kind of feel bad for both Naira and Vedika.. Naira did ask Kartik today to tell Vedika that they would be meeting.. It’s Kartik who didn’t pay any heed to the advice and continued keeping the secret with Vedika.. Vedika as opposed to what I feared, is targeting both Naira and Kartik.. What happened in the kitchen was when Vedika was emotionally lost.. Naira also didn’t teach her to make chai. She just informed her that her tea would get spoiled. Vedika does have a right to question or get express her disappointment if Kartik is not coming out clean on front of her... In all this it’s Kartik who is coming out as a player, who is batting and bowling from both the sides.. 😆His expressions clearly say he is expecting Naira to just tell him that she can’t live without him and he would welcome her again with open arms. Since Naira is not budging, he is getting annoyed.. Vedika in all this drama is getting used, hence her anger is piling up.. As far as Naira is concerned, as long as Vedika is there, I don’t think she is planning to steal Kartik from her. She does reminds him to go to his wife for teej. She did ask him to tell Vedika about their outing.. It’s Kartik who is not able to reach a conclusion.. Vedika doesn’t even have a problem from them interacting because of their child, it’s the secretive meetings that are coming out as dicey games to her, that is troubling her and that’s quite normal..

rose2015 thumbnail

I find it hard to believe that such a pathetic, goalless woman exists in today’s world. 

Same thing could be said about Naira who has stayed separate from Karthik 7/10 years but manages to keep coming back to the Goenka home. I feel good knowing Vedika will leave Karthik and not have to deal with the Goenka's anymore. That is a true blessing.

CaptiveFreedom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

In reality what Vedika is doing is defending herself instead of allowing Karthik and Naira to walk all over her. At first she believed Naira that she will leave when Kairav is better but now she is seeing things that are making her realize that Naira leaving seems less likely each possible day. This is causing her frustration as she doesn't have a solution to this problem. She is not being manipulative but venting her pentup frustration. Naira is seeing this and realizing this that's why she told Karthik to tell Vedika the truth but he being a coward chose to hide from her. 

Think about it from her POV. She is the 2nd wife newly married and the exwife comes along with a child. Any 2nd wife would feel uneasy with this situation. Even in divorce cases in real life the 2nd wife is always uneasy when her husband has to deal with an exwife and a child. I have seen this in real life and it puts the 2nd wife in a very awkward position. They have to remember the exwife is the past and that she is the present and future. Back to the show we have the husband focused more on the ex vs the current wife. If you see what's happening by separating the actions from the  characters and the show it makes more sense. 

For a woman that has married a man that is previously married there is always an insecurity since the ex comes into their lives when a child is involved. People try to keep this to a minimum and the relations with the ex are done in a formal manner. Here Karthik and Naira act like they are still married and every chance they get they are touching each other. (hugging and holding hands)  In this show Karthik is spending all his time with his ex so it is natural that his current wife Vedika will be upset. 

For those saying she is manipulative I feel it is hard for you to see anything besides Karthik and Naira together so if anyone comes between them you will automatically see them in a negative light because you see them as a threat to Karthik and Naira having a future together. The only way to justify things in your mind  is to attack her self respect but what about Karthik and Naira that don't seem to have any? If they did they wouldn't cross boundaries. Karthik would behave in a formal manner with Naira and not think to touch her.  If you watch this show in a detached manner it makes sense. What is happening is you are watching emotionally attached to Kaira. 

Dialogues that signify Vedika's frustration, insecurities and bitterness are understandable...this is first episode from last three months where she had a role to play...she confronted Kartik and showed disapproval or disappointment...but the point is...her portrayal was too weak to feel anything...I felt...if Vedika's character was portrayed by someone who has better screen presence and can emote in a better way...maybe viewers would not criticize the actress or appreciated her regardless of her  character or regardless of her being a third wheel...Pankhuri herself seemed unconvinced with Vedika....she is possibly confused how the character should be portrayed...as her mumbling, unclear tone, lack of emotional transitions in seconds, lack of emoting through eyes, lack of good and convincing dialogue delivery...overall lack of conviction...is what makes her character even more dislikable....I'm not against Vedika's frustration or insecurities as no matter what she is tied in a loveless and worthless marriage...where there is no communication from other side...there is no communication from her husband...I'm against her delusion...she still thinks that she stands a chance...nobody has right to snatch away Kartik from him...as if Kartik is her property...as if Kartik promised her moon and stars...demanding loyalty from husband is not wrong...but wasn't he clear for him even his family is secondary infront of Naira....Kartik who love Naira even more than his child...will move on with Vedika ever?....instead of reminding Kartik that she is his life partner...she should have told Kartik to set her free...because the way Kartik is indifferent towards her...any woman with self respect would not think once ex-wife leaves he will behave like a husband with her...the one who is treated like a furniture...should have courage to make a tough decision for her life...as him and Naira can't let go of each other...Vedika doesn't have courage to let her self worth overpower her infatuation and fascination of being DIL of Goenka family and Kartik's namesake life partner...such a weak portrayal or woman in short weak portrayal of human...she dreamt a far fetched dream while living for 2-5 years with that family...as heart can't be controlled...Kartik's restlessness on not being able to see ex-wife Naira after few hours of her being away is not disloyalty...as these are emotions that aren't under conscious control...disloyalty is not letting her know where she stands in his life....letting her call herself his life partner without interrupting her...whereas expecting ex-wife to observe teej fast for him....

Edited by CaptiveFreedom - 4 years ago