Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Looks like Madhuri got the worst song of the album.  Bad choreography took the already average song further down. That hook step is so weird, man.. What an underwhelming song. Madhuri deserved a better song. 
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This is boring, doesn't create an impact like I was expecting, tbh no one can direct such songs and create such music like slb can, slb just knows how to add that magic to his songs 
cpatel90 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

reason why Saroj Khan is irrelevant now - those dance steps looked so outdated and frankly dint enjoy Madhuri's dance this time either..theatrical and confused expressions is making it look worse..I think the actors are unclear about what they are supposed to do in this movie..πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†even Kunal Khemu apparently said he still doesnt know what he did in the movie and he will also discover it on 17thπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

song is sappy and boring..and I feel like KJo did everything to sabotage Madhuri in this movie..gave a better song to Alia to dance on, gave Mads no screen time in the trailer..her role seems to suck as well..saarey Kalankit kaam kiye KJo neπŸ˜†

I doubt it's entirely Saroj's work. Remo was the co-choreographer and it looks like his work. 

We also saw how terrible he was in Deewani Mastani. He mixes some disco steps with classic choreography. 

However, the song has terrible lyrics, singing and music so even Saroj might have got confused about what to do.

Also someone on twitter who saw preview said there were Madhuri's 30+ twirls in the end but we couldn't see any here.
dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Madhuri's dance is flawless, even when she experiments with the classical form. Weirdly enough, I could appreciate the choreography more with the sound off. Shreya's voice is beautiful but doesn't quite suit the song. I don't think Begum dances for customers, though. Rather, her expressions seem to convey utter despair. It's the opposite of Maar Dala in some ways. She literally holds no hope for the future. Anyway, we just saw less than 2 minutes.   

Johar made a huge mistake with Ghar More Pardesiya by making his pet, rather than Madhuri, dance to it. It was such a missed opportunity to create good will among the audiences. Instead, people saw the dirty games for what they were and started ridiculing aloo (for all the right reasons). If this film flops, it's entirely on him, the marketing "genius" in his own mind. LOL   

Edited by dedh - 5 years ago
cpatel90 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Breath-Mark

The choreo is quite bad. And for someone who can emote really well, Madhuri seems like she was forced to keep a blank and dull face

From Madhuri's interview : She was quoted as saying: "Bahaar Begum is a different personality than say a Chandramukhi. So, we had to choreograph (the song) keeping her mentality in mind. The challenge in this was that Bahaar Begum's character is such that given a choice maybe she wouldn't have danced also. Her character is like that.

"It has a very balanced kind of choreography where it's not over the top where she's like Oh common I'm going to dance'. Also, it comes at a very emotional point in the movie. It's a slow song. It's an emotional song. The whole story and the characters come together in the song. So, it's not just a song but it's also about the story that's going around it. So all that had to be kept in mind.

However, the song is terrible even in listening.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Seriously bad! Choreography disastrous , song outdated, Mads still showed a lot of grace in dancing but whats that one note crying expression? Disappointed! 

How come Madhuri is looking soo bad in this movie while during promotion for both kalank and total dhamal she looks good at least not this aged, disinterested or botched up???

This song dance sequence is going to be blot in her glorious career. Shame on the makers that they could not cash in Madhuris biggest plus point
dedh thumbnail

Originally posted by: cpatel90

I doubt it's entirely Saroj's work. Remo was the co-choreographer and it looks like his work. 

We also saw how terrible he was in Deewani Mastani. He mixes some disco steps with classic choreography. 

However, the song has terrible lyrics, singing and music so even Saroj might have got confused about what to do.

Also someone on twitter who saw preview said there were Madhuri's 30+ twirls in the end but we couldn't see any here.

Johar cut out whatever he could to make Madhuri look bad, hence you didn't see the twirls. Whatever the moron tried to do, she's fantastic even in those fragments and I suspect lots of dance students have found a new favourite song they will try to emulate. The choreography is quirky but really interesting. Nothing stale about it.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Lol so now madz is forced to suck in acting? Aur kya kya sunna padhega re baba πŸ€£
On topic: very very underwhelming! While i loved ghar more pardesiya and shreya in the song.. her vocal doesn't suit madz and madhuri's dance imo is supremely overrated. She does have a good expreasion range and wonderful screen presence but technically she may not be the be best dancing queen ever! 
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Haha! Didn't I predict this will happen! Madhuri got sabotaged!!

Otherwise we saw what she can do in Ghagra etc
dedh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Haha! Didn't I predict this will happen! Madhuri got sabotaged!!

Otherwise we saw what she can do in Ghagra etc

He tried hard to sabotage her at every step, but genuine talent always prevails over hacks like him.