Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Drogon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Bad choreo, rhythm and the shoddy camerawork is taking away from Madhuri's dance. If you see Bhansali's work in Devdas, the camera used to be still to capture the dance perfectly, I am talking about Maar daala and Kahe ched mohe here, very slow moving shots and camerawork. Here it is all over the place and is just creating a haphazard experience.
Kalank is just disappointing all over. Seems too Bhansali-wannabeish without actually being it. 
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
that is the reason why I always say Madhuri was never a great actor to begin with.
Massively popular, possibly the biggest female star ever if we take only peak, but as an actor. Nah.
An above average actor with few good actual acting performances here and there, a image of being hot and sweet at same time, while also being a great seductive dancer with a beautiful smile.

She has the television actress expressions whenever she has to express sadness and pain.
And I can't take that seriously.Edited by Thug-Leader - 5 years ago
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Madhuri is a wonderful dancer. Think "ke sara sara for instance. She easily matched prabhu deva. But there is only so much one can do with a terrible song and choreography.

They should have stuck to shankar, ehsaan, loy if they wanted semi classical numbers. And I repeat, this film is more subhash ghai than Bhansali. Edited by hedwig_fawkes - 5 years ago
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Z-Gen Zest

This is saroj khan choreography alright
Depicting every word and giving it movement .
That is so 90s though , this type doesn't work anymore.
Ardhanarishwara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The conspiracy theory of Kjo doing everything to make Madhuri dull😆.. For god sake its his late Dads ambitious project.. And he is spending crores for it  Why would he compromise with his project for Alias sake.. If anything Kjo loves tge most apart from himself, its money.
And ya i never got the hype around Madhuris dancing.. She is a very good dancer but nothing extraordinary..But her expressions during dance are bang on, no doubt regarding that.. Its just that Madhuri was lucky that all her dance songs are evergreen.. Its the audio that deserves more appreciation along with her expressions more than her dancing. But madhuri gets all credit for those songs when i feel its the music director who deserves the maximum credit.

Here Pritam, Saroj and madhuri did an aweful job.  Choreography even looked comical at some-part and Madhuris performance was poor.
Earlier i was salty about Remo choreographing Alias song.. I was like why cant they make sarojh choreograph both songs.. But now i feel they should have hired a better choreographer for both songs. 
dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

that is the reason why I always say Madhuri was never a great actor to begin with.
Massively popular, possibly the biggest female star ever if we take only peak, but as an actor. Nah.
An above average actor with few good actual acting performances here and there, a image of being hot and sweet at same time, while also being a great seductive dancer with a beautiful smile.

Couldn't think of a post which gets it more wrong. Madhuri's power has always resided in the variety of expressions. Her dance numbers are like concentrations of those expressions. There's nothing mediocre about her as either an actor or a dancer. Even when the song is subpar (like here), even if the voice doesn't fit (and it hurts me to say that because Shreya's voice is beautiful - it just doesn't fit this song), even if the camera work is trashy, Madhuri still delivers. She's absolutely on point in that fragment of the song we've seen. 
Edited by dedh - 5 years ago
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Sad for MD. She accepted this role without thinking how Papa Beti pair is on the spree to make everyone look bad except Beti..!!
Worst Song ever. No proper beats , lyrics. I could sense how MD is performing just for sake of doing and finishing the dance.

Only thing that somehow saves the song is Shreya Ghoshal and MD's expressions.
rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ponymo

^The above post should answer your question, @rbpll. Youtube comments are mostly positive because they are heavily moderated for negative comments unlike I-F which is a bit liberal - which is why it seems like it is a cesspool of negativity 😆

@OT: Bad song with awful, awkward steps. Shreya's voice doesn't suit Madhuri. Should have got someone like Madhushree or Rekha Bhardwaj to sing for her. Madhuri looks especially bad in those closeups though. It isn't the fact that she's older. Something weird that I can't seem to put my finger on.

Its her styling and camera work that made Madhuri looks bad in Kalank. Definitely she has aged 17 years from Devdas but MD was looking great in TD which released few days back. 

Kalank is totally caricaturish and circus in the name of period film. Sets are looking fantasy world.  None of the actors are looking good except ARK and Sonakshi. Songs are underwhelming. 

So far kalank didn't look like KJo's dream project. Its look like a dish where needed ingredients are put together in pan, heated, and garnished without simmering, salting, and putting masala. 
FadedRain thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Madhuri can't dance, Madhuri is an overrated dancer, Alia is better. What else is left to say? Vo bhi bol do
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: dedh

Couldn't think of a post which gets it more wrong. Madhuri's power has always resided in the variety of expressions. Her dance numbers are like concentrations of those expressions. There's nothing mediocre about her as either an actor or a dancer. Even when the song is subpar (like here), even if the voice doesn't fit (and it hurts me to say that because Shreya's voice is beautiful - it just doesn't fit this song), even if the camera work is trashy, Madhuri still delivers. She's absolutely on point in that fragment of the song.

😆 Madhuri is epitome of what you call the typical filmy actress. And that is why she always failed to give an acting performance which will be talked for ages and seen as an acting master class. She is your typical commercial Bollywood filmy actress whose flaws are hidden under the delusional and imaginative ''adah'', ''nazakat'', ''grace'' bullshit people put every time to put the older actresses in pedestal as their actual acting is mostly above average to good.
Her expression and emoting is your typical television actress OTT acting, which is all outer supported than an internalize truth. Anyways it is not my interest to change your opinion, or put my opinion through your throat, so it is okay for both of us to think different way and have our own opinions. You enjoy yourself thinking whatever you think about Madhuri, I will think, what feel about Madhuri.