Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think conservative family was an issue because she did a kissing scene in her first movie itself
Maybe she thought now she has some hits she can work on her choice but that obviously doesn't work
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Sunrise.

She was definitely very pretty and had that old world charm which today's actresses miss, charm like Madhuri Manisha Koirala had back in 90's

I think what didn't work for her was that she was very petite, Rakesh Roshan wanted to cast her in Krish but after her photoshoot with Hrithik, she was replaced so she could never be paired with Srk, Saif Salman etc
The she also refused a huge film bachana ae haseeno because of a kissing scene which obviously was a lie , she might have refused it because of being a 2nd lead
Saying no to such a huge banner obviously would cost her a lot
But she is a decent actress , whatever films she has done , she has been good in them and critics have mostly always praised her

If she REFUSED BAH that was the best decision ever. That movie was all about kissing ranbir and three leading actress, it was dumb deepika that decided to sign the movie because of her boyfriend. Katrina had Salman who told her not to do the movie, salman gave great advices to kat.
1143173 thumbnail
Who were the second lead in Bachna Ae Haseeno? Wish Amrita got more opportunities. Hope she makes a great comeback.
Edited by mira30 - 6 years ago
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Really Amrita is not pretty!!! Which world these people stay.. she has one of the prettiest face in recent times.. she is a good actress , never disappointed when given good roles.
shalini1323 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ok guys... Anushka Sharma came much later than Amrita Rao.
Amrita debuted in 2002.
Anushka in 2009.

7 years.

7 years is a good enough time to make an impact before younger talent & competition starts coming. I like Amrita, i think she's beautiful, dances well, acts much better than some of the heroines we have today (jacky, katrina, sonam, shraddha etc) and looks great for her age even now.

It's really sad to see her struggling to get a good role though. I agree perhaps saying no to YRF was the final nail in the coffin. But then, that role went to Minisha Lamba and even she's struggling right now after ruining her face with plastic surgery.

Amrita did an unsuccessful TV show, I see her instagram is filled with some weird brands which she endorses, her FB videos are reminiscing of the times when she used to be a popular actress - like trivia videos on vivah, main hoon na... it's a bit sad.

I guess that is the harsh reality of Bollywood. Talent isn't enough. You got to be smart in picking the right opportunities. People like Minisha and Amrita were talented actresses - I thought both of them were really good in the films they did... but they were too conscious of their image. Amrita wanted to keep her image of desi & coy. And Minisha went all sexy and sultry which didn't work for her. Just goes to show that when in this profession, one should only focus on their craft and pay less attention to this so called "image". I honestly hope this comeback proves to be a great move for her!

Shahid and her - would have made such a great pair if they did Dhadak. LOL.

Edited by shalini1323 - 6 years ago