Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Is it wrong to play a mother on screen? I mean why do these actressed run away from mother roles? It's all in ur head. 
And here down south we have people as young as 27-28 play mother roles or sister roles despite them having worked as leads in few films
An actor's Life is not about playing lead alone . Play different characters and show versatility
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Those who have issue start a campaign ... Stop watching movies khans kumars etc movies unless they have older actresses. Watch women centric movies as well. I hardly see these movies collecting revenue.
Net pe bolna bohat aasan hai.. But if you genuinely concerned do something about it.
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Yes, let the actresses play "mothers" to actors only a few years younger than them. It's one thing to play mother to little kids, young teenagers, or even very young actors, etc., it's another thing entirely to play mother to actors that are barely 10-12 yrs younger than them, meanwhile their former co-actors are out there romancing 20 yr olds. I don't think this comes from actresses' reluctance to play something that's not lead role, they do that all the time. It comes from the fact that they are automatically relegated to a mother's role after a certain age. 
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Its simple, don't accept the role. Who is forcing you to accept the role? Nargis played Suniel Dutt's mother in Mother India but i am sure she didn't complain. 

People conveniently forget that the careers of actresses like Karishma, Juhi, Urmila, Raveena, Manisha etc were OVER and UNSALVAGEABLE by the time the new century rolled in. 

And besides, the Khan, Kumars and Devgns have no good roles for actresses in their movies anyways. And even if the role is remotely good they have better and more current options like Katrina and Kareena. 
Neetu_Singh112 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i m actually shocked to hear women ( i believe more in this forum ) are siding with men than the women...
manisha or any actress can NEVER Be in that position where she can command the industry like the men do, as far as i remember she turned a producer and made a movie like Paisa vasool n everyone knows what happened to that film. she suffered huge losses n went into oblivion. 

and this does not happen in only bollywood. Hollywood's case is the same, sure women there gets to play interesting roles after 40 but even there, their span is pretty much over. 

I believe that women never stand with themselves within any industry which is why they are always ruled over by men. its a harsh fact but men shows better unity, friendship and equality than women in every field. the day women stand up for themselves with each other in order..putting their work n career on priority more than their husbands and families. no doubt, the Industry shall see a change .. in terms of roles, salaries and status. and this is regarding every industry
fairandlovely thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neetu_Singh112

i m actually shocked to hear women ( i believe more in this forum ) are siding with men than the women...

manisha or any actress can NEVER Be in that position where she can command the industry like the men do, as far as i remember she turned a producer and made a movie like Paisa vasool n everyone knows what happened to that film. she suffered huge losses n went into oblivion. 

and this does not happen in only bollywood. Hollywood's case is the same, sure women there gets to play interesting roles after 40 but even there, their span is pretty much over. 

I believe that women never stand with themselves within any industry which is why they are always ruled over by men. its a harsh fact but men shows better unity, friendship and equality than women in every field. the day women stand up for themselves with each other in order..putting their work n career on priority more than their husbands and families. no doubt, the Industry shall see a change .. in terms of roles, salaries and status. and this is regarding every industry

True. A woman is another woman's biggest enemy.
Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neetu_Singh112

i second ur thoughts neetu ! wonderful ... and totally agreed...

i have experienced it in my office, metro trains, in public and other places. and I feel terrible when women complain about gender inequality and gender bias and they (or should I say we) can't stand with each other shoulder n shoulder...

actually its also a bitter fact that we are born in such a way to be realized that men are superior and in any way or so, we have to serve them. 

the same goes for the actresses. they fight and never make up. men fight, they abuse even physically but make up later as if nothing happened. this is how they build up unity. Akshay kumar once vouched to never work with YRF..he has been working with them now and also Dharma. has it changed for the women?

I am not blaming manisha because blaming one actress or two shall not solve the cause. it's a bigger one. the unity is missing at every angle. The Industry cannot realize an actress worth beyond her youth. Actresses like jacqueline still exist who have nothing to do in bollywood except eye-candy. can't she bring a change by saying NO to such roles. Nope ! because she has to earn her bread n butter and she will think only abt herself n NOT for others...this is where unity is needed. its where we must realize to stand one by one..but that have never been easy. but one can just only hope in future.
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mutant_n_Proud

i second ur thoughts neetu ! wonderful ... and totally agreed...

i have experienced it in my office, metro trains, in public and other places. and I feel terrible when women complain about gender inequality and gender bias and they (or should I say we) can't stand with each other shoulder n shoulder...

actually its also a bitter fact that we are born in such a way to be realized that men are superior and in any way or so, we have to serve them. 

the same goes for the actresses. they fight and never make up. men fight, they abuse even physically but make up later as if nothing happened. this is how they build up unity. Akshay kumar once vouched to never work with YRF..he has been working with them now and also Dharma. has it changed for the women?

I am not blaming manisha because blaming one actress or two shall not solve the cause. it's a bigger one. the unity is missing at every angle. The Industry cannot realize an actress worth beyond her youth. Actresses like jacqueline still exist who have nothing to do in bollywood except eye-candy. can't she bring a change by saying NO to such roles. Nope ! because she has to earn her bread n butter and she will think only abt herself n NOT for others...this is where unity is needed. its where we must realize to stand one by one..but that have never been easy. but one can just only hope in future.

At the actress round table in 2015 with Deepika, Anushka, Kalki and Richa they were asked about what they would change. Deepika brought up how the actresses should have more unity and then Anushka said the rivalry between them was just created by the media and Richa also chimed in saying the media plays them. Now there have been some digs over the years from a couple actresses towards their contemporaries and it's probably coming from insecurity which is an uncontrollable human emotion so I won't criticise them for that. But I'm pretty sure the men also have insecurities too. So I don't expect them to be best friends but I would love for them to put aside whatever issues they have and give me a female Dil Chahta Hai or as Kalki suggested a female version of Zindagi na milegi dobara ðŸ˜† 

And recently I've seen them being nice to each other. There was Anushka taking the time to compliment Deepika on her Cannes outfit on instagram, Deepika congratulating Sonam on VDW's successful opening on instagram and I saw a Filmfare quote where Sonam said she looks up to Deepika, Anushka and Katrina. So I wanna know are we finally entering the era where these women have realised they can achieve more together or they're just playing me? ðŸ˜† Imagine if  two popular actresses like Anushka and Deepika collaborated. They might actually have the power to double their budget. 
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Love you dear Manisha but when you were in your 20s, weren't you romancing guys who were 40+??
Manisha Koirala (born 1970) worked with Rishi Kapoor (born 1952), Sanjay Dutt (born in 1959), Anil Kapoor (born 1956), Jackie Shroff (born 1957), Sunny Deol (born 1956), Nana Patekar (born 1951), Amitabh Bachchan (1942). 

So babe, we hear you, but you were part of the damn problem!

_StarryNights thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
"Honestly speaking, the actors that I worked with are romancing 20-year-olds now but suddenly when you cross 40, for a woman, it's a mother's role."
Say it louder Monisha!