Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Is she talking about ranbir alia?
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

As far as I remember Preity, Karishma, raveena all took a break. Karishma explained why she took a break when she was on the rise. Preity took a break with that IPL stuff. The guys don't take breaks, they keep moving, every year they are working, no breaks in between

The guys don't take breaks coz the more they work, the more popular they become and the more they get offered. The women on the other hand reach a point where people refuse to pay more and choose younger, hotter and cheaper actresses. At the 2015 actress round table i think they referred to it as a ritual cleansing. Also a lot of stories were written for younger characters. SRK/Salman for the longest time were playing characters who were suppose to be in their 30s. When it comes to women they expect them to either play their real age or even older. They just aren't given the same opportunities as the men.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

From what I know Anil and Sonam play father daughter in the movie too. The pairs are Anil Juhi and Sonam Rajkumar Rao. 

Troll alert
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I just realized DP has also reached that point.
No films, no buzz .
Only shaadi talks! 
SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
God what all I am reading here...there is limit for everything 
BooRadley thumbnail

This was exactly my thought when i heard she was playing Ranbir's mother. I was shocked!!

Even Shefali Shah who played Akshay's mom in Waqt, is actually younger than him. Reema Lago, always played Salman's mother.. she was just 8-9 years older than him.

And here we have SRK still dancing around trees with Anushka, Salman with Jacqueline, Daisy. Life is unfair.

Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
^When I found out Reema Lago's age I was shocked.

Originally posted by: Ultimate_Shadow

stopping??? is not the right word here...

who is going to offer her roles to romance 20 yr old tell me this ðŸ¤”

Most of the guys are producing their own films. They are not waiting for things to be offered to them and leaving all the risks to other people like the female actors want to do. I agree that life is unfair but at the end of the day you get nowhere by just sitting and complaining uselessly. 

Be like Sonam and Anushka and produce your own movies and create your own opportunities. If you're willing to take monetary risks on yourself and make it work, then others will be ready to do the same. 

And I don't know what the problem is with playing 'mother' roles as long as they are lead roles? SRK has played a father in so many films. He played a dad to an 8 year old when he was only 30 years old himself. 
Edited by anonymous39 - 5 years ago
fairandlovely thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Manisha is 47,  while Ajay is 49.
I see people getting outraged when Ajay is supposed to play Ranbir's father in a movie.
But no outrage when Manisha plays Ranbir's mother 
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
The only industry I know where most of the actors are younger then the actresses is Korean. Most of their dramas I have watched until now had actors being paired with older actresses and somehow they make it work so well that can not tell their age difference. 
High time BW stops being sexist about age and make good scripts where younger actors can work with older actresses.