fazgostoso thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Interesting interview.  I wish Manisha did it instead of overrrated Karishma.  What do you think?  smiley19

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/when-manisha-koirala-said-no-to-dil-toh-pagal-hai-5505500/amp/1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Manisha is the better actress. Much better actress. But it was not a great role. Nor was it a great performance to be honest. It was one overrated performance by an extremely overrated actress. IMO I found Manisha in their primes prettier then Karisma too. That might be a controversial statement. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 11 days ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Her looks were different. And her smile was to die for

Radha Nachegi - Lata Mangeshkar & Mohammad Aziz's Greatest Hits - Saudagar  - video Dailymotion

Radha Nachegi - Lyrical | Saudagar | Manisha Koirala, Dilip Kumar | Lata  Mangeshkar, Mohammed Azizराधा नाचेगी Saudagar Song Bansi Bajegi Radha Nachegi Lyrics

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Why did Manisha Koirala refuse DTPH?

"I was pitted against Madhuri [Dixit] ji , and I got scared. I backed out of that project."

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

manisha was so beautiful in her young days, loved seeing her smile in songs. I don't remember watching her movies, I don't think I have seen them but she had the most beautiful smile. 

on topic, it seems like this role was rejected by many actresses. Kajol rejected the role. I am glad over acting juhi rejected the role. Urmila shot one day for the film and walked out of the film. It was reported that many actresses rejected the role because they were scared of the dance off between madhuri and them. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DobbyDeol

Why did Manisha Koirala refuse DTPH?

"I was pitted against Madhuri [Dixit] ji , and I got scared. I backed out of that project."

Thats why I like Manisha..only one to admit the real reason..rest all make excuses..(i believe this role was offered to many other actresses)

OT: No. Karisma really did well. Why are we forgetting that this was a dance based movie and Nisha was a dancer. Karisma nailed le gayi le gayi and dance off..Would Manisha with her two left feet looked convincing as a solid dancer who is a better dancer than THE madhuri dixit in the movie? I am surprised it was even offered to her at the 1st place.

Edited by cougarTown - 12 days ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

OT: No. Karisma really did well. Why are we forgetting that this was a dance based movie and Nisha was a dancer. Karisma nailed le gayi le gayi and dance off..Would Manisha with her two left feet looked convincing as a solid dancer who is a better dance than THE madhuri dixit in the movie? I am surprised it was even offered to her at the 1st place.

@ B smiley36

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Urmila could have been perfect for the role 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

It seldomly happens that I would prefer to 'see' another actor/actress in a role I find well-done. So, it is an interesting info about the casting of DTPH, but that's it.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Manish is the better actress. Much better actress. But it was not a great role. Nor was it a great performance to be honest. It was one overrated performance by an extremely overrated actress. IMO I found Manish in their primes prettier then Karisma too. That might be a controversial statement. 

Malhotra?smiley36