Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

Trust me when I say this, you are going to be a different person till you will finish this novel...

I have read everything Umera Ahmed has written till now and no matter what, Amar Bail is the best of her work and Umar Jahangir is the best and most special character that she has ever written. Nothing and no one could change that for me, he still remains my favorite one.

There are so many things that I can say and tell about him, but one thing that no other character has ever done till now is to make me cry, so much...And stay with me, in the form of a pain in my heart, a bittersweet feeling...No concept of time can affect it. As they say 'Woh mere dil main ghar kar gaya hai'...

There are so many Fav lines, scene of mine, I can't share all of that because you haven't reached there...So when you do that, I will post here some of my Fav...😳

Awww... i am so glad so many people have read the novel.. I will be so happy if you would share your thoughts about it.. at least jahan tak I have read it.. I have LOVED so many scenes of them.. Mujhe Umer n Aleeza se pyaar hogaya hai 😳
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

OMGGG ZAYA !!!! Yeh kia hogaya novel mein 😲

Kahan ho? Umer's journalist friend wala part? His apology about raising hand on her.. Ayaz uncle and Jahangir's so-called settlement with Umer. Ya phir us se bhi agay? :p

KAHAAAN HO? now I really want to know but I'm going to sleep kyunke raat ke 12 baj rahay hain..
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Hinna is the exclusive distributor of that English version 🤣
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Zayaaa... I am at that four people ka murder... Man.. That whole scene of she running n them following her.. N then the way she finds out a random house n enters n then the whole scenario.. Uff.. Main sab kuch imagine kar rahi thi yaar ! I sooo wanted Umer to come there to her.. N jab mene Police ki awaz suni .. Yes SUNI coz I am actually LIVING the novel right now not just reading it.. Jab mene wo awaaz suni sab se pehla khayal mujhe Umer ka hi aaya. N meri jaan mein jaan aayi jab FINALLY Aleeza ne Umer ko dekha n the hug <33 itni tension mein thi na main tauba !

Then now I am the murder of the four guys.. Where Aleeza is so so angry and frustrated over Abbas Haider.. That he betrayed her n Umer both... But I am having so many bad feelings right now..
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Nahi.. No NO NO !! Please no.. Aisa nahi hosakta ! :O
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Allah ! I am crying so bad right now.. Hadd hogayi ab toh
Dhani_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@ASH
i know its hard to digest yaar i finished it yesterday but still i'm not sane enough to write review about it. its just much blunder going in my head. and trust me there are more shocks and pitfall to came. just keep going with courage. and keep tissues handy
clockworknerd thumbnail
ITNA AAGAY!?
Shocks ki bharmaar lag jaye gi ab tou xD

Imma gonna pop in here with my views on the entire murder part after namaz. That part is LOVE! The drama and angst gripped me so badly..
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Zayaaa... I am at that four people ka murder... Man.. That whole scene of she running n them following her.. N then the way she finds out a random house n enters n then the whole scenario.. Uff.. Main sab kuch imagine kar rahi thi yaar ! I sooo wanted Umer to come there to her.. N jab mene Police ki awaz suni .. Yes SUNI coz I am actually LIVING the novel right now not just reading it.. Jab mene wo awaaz suni sab se pehla khayal mujhe Umer ka hi aaya. N meri jaan mein jaan aayi jab FINALLY Aleeza ne Umer ko dekha n the hug <33 itni tension mein thi na main tauba !

Then now I am the murder of the four guys.. Where Aleeza is so so angry and frustrated over Abbas Haider.. That he betrayed her n Umer both... But I am having so many bad feelings right now..

I know where the shock is coming from :P

Let's get started! Erm, yeah the drama and all that running, crying part.. I got riled up! Umera is brilliant.. she can write ANYTHING. Literally anything. Action wagera bhi kitna amazing likha. All three favourite novels of mine have such action and drama as well. Khair! And IKR! The moment Aleeza saw Umer.. I took a sigh of relief. and then she clinged to him. Aleeza couldn't even imagine going through such situations without him.. uski zindagi ka jo bara masla, Umer was ALWAYS there to guide her, help her.

Did you like Abbas? Ofc, he's cruel and he's a corrupt man. But idk there's something very impressive about his character. I couldn never get myself to dislike him.. I just couldn't. The part where he shouted at Aleeza after the entire midnight shooting at home was so freaking amazing. When I was reading that part, the book was so close to me and I forgot the world exisiting around me. Abbas's cruel words, his taunts, tanz, sarcasm but he spoke it all! The way he said '..Lekin tumhare liye sirf ek hi bullet kaafi thi.' ALLAH! I DIED THERE AND THERE. Abbas's words like 'tumhe kya lagta hai tumne jo kuch mujhse kaha uske baad main ne khana peena chor diya? mera paraishan hoon? Tumhare alfaaz ne mere pairon ke neeche se zameen khech li hai? Aleeza bibi, ek baat yaad rakho. Hamari family ko court mein ghaseetna aisa hai jaisa sooraj ka maghrib se nikalna. Tum badi humna rights ki champion banti ho? apne aap ko samjha kya hai? Tum tou kya agar woh 4 larke khud bhi dobara zinda ho kar mere khilaaf gawahi dein tab bhi mujhe koi kuch nahi kar sakta. Saza tou dour ki baad koi mujhe Lahore se bhi hatwa nahin sakta." There was such a cruel confidence in his voice which is something I always liked. Kuch bhi kaho I really liked Abbas. Bureaucratic families ke ladkey aisi hi hote hain. And then he said such harsh truth, no how Aleeza would be scandalized and even if she would live her entire life in meditation nobody would believe in her chastity. 'Agar mujhe 10 baar aur mouqa miley tab bhi main un larkon ko 10 baar marun ga.' Kitna suanaya! Called her human rights ki champion, talented cousins. '2 mahiney ek third class magazine mein kaam kar ke tum mujhe sahi aur galat ka farq batao gi?' xD IT WAS DRAMATIC. Like drama on a whole new level. It was Abbas's yelling and all that held me so tightly. And I so so LOVED it when Aleeza began to cry and Abbas instantly softened. Aleeza has got a bunch of protective cousins, man :P Also, when Aleeza said to him that she was unlucky that Nano got to know about it and hence Abbas found out otherwise, those guys would have been alive. And abbas replied, 'Agar woh zinda hote tou tum nahin hoti.' THAT WAS SO MUCH IN ONE SENTENCE. Abbas had some really powerful dialogues.

And when Aleeza was gone, Abbas said exactly the same thing to Umer.. 'Yaar aleeza ne tou mere pairon ki neeche se zameen khech li thi.' THE IRONY DUDE! hahah! I laughed so hard at this point. Itna dar gaya tha but didn't even admit it. In fact he was so terrified ke he pulled up that whole plan to scare Aleeza and shut her up. I loved it when he apologised. It's pretty evident that he was kind of flattering Aleeza into different stuff but you'll see it later that he really considered her like a sister and did care for her to some extent.

NOW COMES UMER! The part dude when he came to Aleeza after Abbas told him whatever she was upto. Like he really pulled open the realities of the judicial system of Pakistan, the influence oof such families, the corruption, the policy of 'might is right'.. ek ek sach uske saamne khuli kitaab ki tarhan rakh diya. Aleeza Sikandar could never win any argument against Umer J. Never. He had all the proves, all the points, all the logical arguments to defend his statement.. he was too experience for someone like Aleeza. At one point, he said to her that nobody would believe her even if she would go to court and say against these guys. Like ek ke baad ek argument kehta chala gaya and at the end, Aleeza was speechless. She knew he was right.. itne influential family ke ladkon ko ek call pe hi bail ho ajati. It was so intense and realistic when Umer took a paper from the table and tore it into small pieces.. 'Aleeza Sikandar, yeh hoti hai ek FIR. Hamare jese khandaan ke logoun ke liye FIR ki yehi auqaat hai.' Ever word he said about how she could never EVER fight her sensitive case of harassment hit me so bad. As much as I dislike the fact that Abbas and Umer killed those four guys, I cannot deny that he was correct. Yahan rape cases ka koi result nahin hota ek simple harassment case ka kon poochta hai.. and that jis mein Commerce of Chamber and High court judge ke bete involve houn. Although yes, I agree with Aleeza.. Umer and Abbas killed those guys because of their male chauvinism. They just couldn't digest the fact that a woman from their family had been harassed. Even though they knew ke it was just an incident. Those guys were not like after Aleeza for some particular reason. Ek baar Aleeza was rescued, they wouldn't have come after her. They killed for no reason, whatsoever. But whatever Aleeza said about filing the case instead of killing, she was just too less informed to know what a joke FIR and cases are in the judiciary.

I LOVED that part where Umer said that Ayaz uncle didn't do anything wrong in killing Shabaz Muneer. Aleeza ki tarhan pehle shock hua but then I realised by the end of the book that Umer was moulded into an insensitive, feeling-less man. We already knew that Umer was no less materialistic and power hungry than the other men in his family but phir tou usko aisa shape kiya that feelings, emotions, and the conscience to stand up against what's wrong wasn't left in him at all. uff, I love Umer J. <3

clockworknerd thumbnail
'Zameer? Is dunya mein zameer naam ki koi cheez nahin hoti, Aleeza. Kam az kam mere liye jese insaan ke liye tou nahin jisne poori zindagi haram khaya aur kamaya ho aur uske pait mein ab harmaam ki itni ameezash ho chuki ho ke na tou woh halal kha sakay na kama sakay.'
THESE WORDS HIT ME SO HARD. Umer was so well presented at this point of the novel.. UA brought out the real Umer. The one who used to drink since the age of fourteen, had tried cocaine, was corrupt, wanted power, wanted money because luxurious life was something he wanted at all costs. The Umer for whom money meant literally everything. And conscience.. that was absent in him. all his actions and desires were unchecked by morals. Kyunke morals was something he ditched long ago. He was a man living without conscience and morals.. the kind of work he was doing on a daily basis, he wouldn't have been able to do them had he have a conscience. There's this aspect I love about him. This should make me hate him but I can't.. there's still an undefinable beauty about Umer J's character. He was like Jehangir a lot more than he wanted to admit. But the only difference was relationships meant something to him and were far more to him than mere jokes. And he was capable of loving <3

Also that part where Aleeza said to him what would he do if an NGO in his area would raise a voice against corrupt police. And he said 'Tou main un ko apne area se baahir nikalwa doonga.' He said so much in one sentence. It was revealing. And later he explained ke he would never take a risk and not bear people who would turn out obstacles in his path. Before the Shehbaz Muneer mess, he made it clear ke he would trample upon living people if that would be necessary for him to succeed. Phir Shehbaz point ke baad, I realised he would trample upon anyone even if it's a friend if it's advantageous for himself. He felt sorry for Shehbaz but later he gave up.. kyunke Ayaz uncle made him see the reason and advantage. It was kind of saddening but I'll so no more cuz you will see it as the novel progresses. He was power hungry like every other bureaucrat.

'Nahin, mujhe tum pe haath uthanay par afsoos hai'

'Kam az kam tum woh waahid hasti ho jis ko mai koi dukh nahin de sakta.'

And then during that painting part, he had said, 'Koi na koi aapki zindagi mein esa zaroor hota hai jis se aap kabhi naraz nahi ho sakte. Un pe gussa nahin ho sakte. Mere liye woh koi na koi tum ho, Aleeza.' Also, 'aakhir har insaan chahta hai uske marne pe woh ek insaan roye jisko aap ne poori zindagi ronay na diya ho.' GAAAH! IT'S PAINFUL </3

Have you read about Judith and that part of Christy's death? It was so endearing, man. I disliked Judith at first. But then I loved her.. tumhe bhi pasand ayegi baad mein. When Umer was about to leave and Aleeza said if he was angry at her. He replied, 'Nahin gussa tum thi. Aur jahan tak meri baat hai tou main tum pe kabhi gussa nahin ho sakta.' <3 And when Aleeza asked him if judith was closer to him then her, he said, 'Tum apne apa ko Judith se compare mat karou. Jo tum ho, woh tum ho.' But it was so hart breaking when he said 'Jo Judith hai, woh Judith hai.'