Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Yaaar.. Umer n Aleeza k scenes.. ITNI INTENSITY ! Ufff.. Parhte hue hi I am having goosebumps as if mere saamne scene horaha hai koi. The way Umera has written those simple scenes in a wonderful way.. Zabardast !
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Trust me when I say this, you are going to be a different person till you will finish this novel...

I have read everything Umera Ahmed has written till now and no matter what, Amar Bail is the best of her work and Umar Jahangir is the best and most special character that she has ever written. Nothing and no one could change that for me, he still remains my favorite one.

There are so many things that I can say and tell about him, but one thing that no other character has ever done till now is to make me cry, so much...And stay with me, in the form of a pain in my heart, a bittersweet feeling...No concept of time can affect it. As they say 'Woh mere dil main ghar kar gaya hai'...

There are so many Fav lines, scene of mine, I can't share all of that because you haven't reached there...So when you do that, I will post here some of my Fav...😳
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ash, you idiot!! You bewaqoof insaan!! You've seen the entire drama? Don't tell me! Allah, you know every single thing then? :/
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
O behen , kisne kaha I watched the whole show !? Only the first epi I saw and it ended at Umer n Jahangir's laraayi.. Bas.. Wahan tak main parh chuki thi. Aur uss k aage dekhne ki mere andar taaqat nahi thi.. I had already witnessed the way they ruined the novel. Agar main ne pura novel parh bhi lia hota tab bhi main woh show toh pura na dekhti kam az kam.
Pehle hi after watching the first epi when zi started reading again.. I was imaging drama wale leads >___< .. Itni mushkil se mere apne imaginary leads waapis aaye mere paas <33

Jitni buri tarah main spoilers se bhagti hun na.. Shayad hi koi bhagta ho :P LOL
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

That 'Sirf baatein ? ... Good !' And then he smiles ☺️

THE SLAP! I wanted to tell you ke there is one more laraai on the way when you were on that locked room wala part.

GOD! Aleeza has grown so mature, hai na? That line, '..woh in cheezon ke sad e baab ke liye kya karte hain? sirf baatein.' And then she left. It left me gaping.. ke is this the same Aleeza who couldn't even express herself properly, the same Aleeza who used to cry at every little thing? And here she was after six years taunting Umer, the person she cared for the most in the world. And as much as it is ironic, it was Umer who taught her to speak and open up. As I said he was like a host plant and Aleeza was a bail.. she was dependent upon him. He taught her how to grow.. he was the reason behind this change. Khair! And then Umer was like, 'Granny, Aleeza mujh pe tanz kar ke gayi hai aur mujhe khushi hui hai.' 😳 After all, Aleeza speaking up was nothing less than his victory.. that's what he always wanted her to do. This scene left a huge impact on me. I couldn't really register Aleeza's word and then how she left later.

'Mujhe apne baray mein kisi se tabsray sun'na nahin pasand.' Whoosh! Us slap ka asar tou mujhe bhi feel ho raha tha xD Then the ignoring session lol. But true. Their scenes are so intense. I'm either crying or just sitting with the book in my hand, looking at the wall and the dialogues strike me. THEY STRIKE AND I FEEL THE INTENSITY OOZING. It's like I first go speechless aur mere dimaag mein saray dialogues ghoomtey hain and when they finally sink in, I begin to cry at the harsh realities Umer would tell Aleeza, how she would listen to him and accept whatever he said. She was so less exposed to the world that Umer found it easy to mould her the way he wanted. He moulded her into a person less immature and more thoughtful that the 17 y/o Aleeza.

clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Meri ghair maujoodgi mein tum kuch zyada khoobsurat nahi hogayi ? ❀️

And

Tum se yeh kis ne keh diya hai k khamoshi mein tum bohat khoobsurat lagti ho ? πŸ˜† <33

Hahah! They have their share of intense, depressing scenes but Umera has a done a good job by including such endearing dialogues here and there.

And she kept ignoring him. Bechari ke pair phool gaye thay when he took her to the British Council. Khair, skip all that. Aleeza was so broken when Zulqurnain rejected plans of marriage. But it was amazing how Umer discovered that Aleeza took pills from his room. Their conversation before Umer left for America was so SO beautiful and realistic. I mean how he spoke about life has to move, there's no other option. 'Zindagi mein koi darwazay nahin hote. Zindagi mein sirf khirkiyaan hoti hain jin se hum baahir jhaank sakte hain lekin kabhi chutkara nahin paa sakte.' And then he made her realise that she was valuable. 'Aleeza Sikandar ka shauhar ek bauhat khush qismat insaan hoga.' 'Aur Umer Jahangir ki biwi ek bauhat khush qismat ladki hogi' <3 THAT PART DUDE where Aleeza asked him if he would marry her and he said no. And then she said the words.. 'Bas, itna hi farq hai aap mein aur uss mein.' Plus that one where she said that she and Umer had gone through same things.. rejection, loneliness, feeling of unwanted but the only difference was that Umer knew how to hide and Aleeza didn't. SHE SPOKE SUCH A HARSH TRUTH, MAN. Even Umer learned sabar and bardasht at an earlier age and plus, he was far more practical. But his exposure to the world was huge compared to Aleeza. He lived in a hostel, amognst friends, used to roam around the world, and plus he was eight years older.

The ending of the convo was endearing <3 'Aaj hum ek nayi Aleeza se milen ge, theek hai?' And then he left. *sobs*

But he left only after having changed her. Aleeza khud sochne, bolne, kuch karne ke qaabil ho gayi. The girl who couldn't even decide what subjects she wanted to take up later changed on a whole new level. <3

AND and and, 'Yeh tumhari galat fehmi hai ke mujhe reject nahin kiya gaya.. kabhi fursat se bataunga ke mujhe kis kis ne aur kab kab reject kiya hai.' I could feel the pain in his voice. Aleeza sahi kehti thi, Umer ka past was no less different than hers. And he had no one to hold him together. He learned the reality, coped up with his parents' divorce on his own. He knows what a pain it is and he wants to save Aleeza from that enormous pain.

Shehla isn't actually very shokhi. She's good and she too will turn into a mature girl very soon.

clockworknerd thumbnail
Ash - how about that convo Umer had with his mom after the walk wala scene? SO HEART BREAKING </3

OH YES! Aleeza was at times so blunt with him. 'Main sirf unke sketch banati hoon jinka chehra mujhe pasand ho.' LOL! 'Kyun mera chehra acha nahin hai? Mera tou khayal main dikhne mein itna bura nahin hoon.. khasa smart chehra hai mera.' XD And that Versase ki shirt wala.. 'I look good in white, hai na Aleeza?' πŸ˜†

THAT that that part where Umer used to bring gifts for Aleeza everyday.. kitkat, book, pen etc. 'Aaj main woh khazana laya hoon jo tumhara zindagi bhar saath dega.' and then he took out a ballpoint. xD And Aleeza couldn't even refuse. With time, Aleeza ki waqayi Umer mein jaan thi.

Oh chalo then it's all right. I thought you have watched the whole drama. Aleeza tou bachon ki amma lagti thi us drame mein :| And Umer was a buddha.

Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

Trust me when I say this, you are going to be a different person till you will finish this novel...

I have read everything Umera Ahmed has written till now and no matter what, Amar Bail is the best of her work and Umar Jahangir is the best and most special character that she has ever written. Nothing and no one could change that for me, he still remains my favorite one.

There are so many things that I can say and tell about him, but one thing that no other character has ever done till now is to make me cry, so much...And stay with me, in the form of a pain in my heart, a bittersweet feeling...No concept of time can affect it. As they say 'Woh mere dil main ghar kar gaya hai'...

There are so many Fav lines, scene of mine, I can't share all of that because you haven't reached there...So when you do that, I will post here some of my Fav...😳

IKR! Amarbail is Umera's best work EVER. HANDS DOWN. And Umer Jahangir is the best character I've ever read. The grey shades, perfectly layered character it was. When I closed the book, I was in a speechless mode. And when I finally read the book second time some months later, I read it to analyse his character more closely. He was undeniably my favourite character every. What a beautiful piece of literature Amarbail is. The characters are majorly flawed but I ended up loving all of them. Umer Jahangir's character is so freakin' beautiful. I really cannot pinpoint where and when I fell in love with the character and like Umera said, 'This is a novel based on one character.. you will not be able to hate that character although you would want to.' She said the truth, man. What a perfectly imperfect character Umer was.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

I wish!!! I have that novel but I cant be bothered to read UrduπŸ˜†

Don't read because you already find it hard and plus, Nimra's Urdu is far more difficult. There were so many words that meaning tou dour ki baat, I couldn't even read them properly. πŸ˜†
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
OMGGG ZAYA !!!! Yeh kia hogaya novel mein 😲