Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1018283 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

Hey ! Oh yeah.. Yesterday I was so excited to share n discuss coz main abhi parh k hati thiπŸ˜†

And I don't know about English Translation.. I think Hinna can help you with that.. She knows about the English Versions better..

Amar and Bail are two different words.. Amar is immortal and bail is a plant if we want to make it easier.. So its like a plant that will be growing forever.. This is what I took as meaning .. I probably will understand the exact meaningafter finishing the novel..

BTW.. I googled Amar Bail to find if there is an other signification of this word together as Amarbail and this is what I found..

Mistletoe (=Amarbail)

1. (n.)A parasitic evergreen plant of Europe (Viscum album), bearing a glutinous fruit. When found upon the oak, where it is rare, it was an object of superstitious regard among the Druids. A bird lime is prepared from its fruit.
  2. <li></li>

Thanks for the elaboration 😊 You seem to really love that novel - your excitement's making me more curious, lol. I have never read anything by an Urdu writer, so, let's see πŸ˜†

And also thanks to those who shared the link for the English translation. Will look at it as soon as I get some time.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -ZaYalicious-

Nano was at times really harsh with her. But at one point at the novel, I loved Nano. You too will :P

Phir Umer asked at that very moment, 'Karachi mein kuch hua hai kiya?' He knew her inside out, man. Even when he dropped her off to the airport and on the way, he helped her somehow when she was lying that it's too hot in Australia. Usko tab hi samajh aa gaya tha :( umer has been through all this, so he knows what Aleeza feels and when she's pretending.

@bold Zaaayaaa !!! THIS DIALOGUE TOOK MY HEART !!! I was about to mention it... Like.. He asked her TWICE k Karachi mein kia hua ! 😲 I was so shocked k WOH samajh gaya hai k Karachi mein kuch hua hai.. And Nano Nana didn't even ask her k kia hua wahan.. I mean they used to ask her k wahan sab thik hain.. Unho ne tumhara khayal rakha etc etc.. N she lies everytime at both the sides.. N she also lied to Umer BUT HE KNEW !! HE KNEW HER INSIDE OUT.. !!! 😳 that was sooo dreamy man !

I was telling The story to my Friend kal as she can't read Urdu.. N she was hooked to the stroy.. N at this spot I insisted on how HE ONLY asked her k Karachi mein kia hua.. And thats to HIM ONLY she told everything and for the first time she said everything that was in her mind in front of someone.. That she didn't even tell to her Nano and Shela.. Man.. That scene was symbolic.. That dialogue was amazing !!! So many feels I got
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ash - Be happy, you're nearing the end of the past story. Ermm, sabra rakho. You will find out why Umer tore her sketch.. he had his reasons.

I've always had issues with female characters. They show dumb women, not immature. But Aleeza is one of my favourite. I mean her being emotional and na samajh makes sense. She's just seventeen, man. On top of that, she has her parents but she doesn't have them. She has been ofc cared for by her Nano but as Umer said her life revolves around just a few people. Literally having no exposure to the world outside, she's bound to be so jazbaati at petty issues. Her being sensitive is so damn reasonable. Aleeza's character has a massive growth throughout the novel which makes me feel like Aleeza. I read the book from her point of view, whatever she felt was mine. I cried with her every time. At times, I hated Umer cuz he used to be harsh to her. I hated every character she hated and loved every character she loved. You end up feeling like Aleeza after this 750 pages long novel.
Edited by -ZaYalicious- - 8 years ago
clockworknerd thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ash, you've started reading the book at the wrong time. I have my mid year exams in less than two weeks and I cannot get myself to study. I need to do additional maths aaj har haal mein :|
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Don't worry I have read everything you wrote Zaya and I will come to every point ek ek kar k.. Yes mene woh Compromise wala scene parh liya hai.. Raat ko parha tha.. *FEEELS*

Uss se pehle I want to say something about Umer.. He is such a complexed character. Why I found him hard to understand cause he has the share of realism THE MOST in him. As a human we all are complicated.. We are harsh when we are hurt. Umer's character is being explored so so slowly andI am liking this guy more.. N more n more... Abhi tak sab se zyada iss k shades dikhaye hain novel mein. And yes.. Whatever he says has such a fantastic touch of reality.. The harsh reality.. Jiski koi hadd nahi. Even whatever he said to Aleeza that day when he got angry at her was the truth ! Plus, that dialogue I posted in dialogue thread yesterday made me teary-eyed coz it was SOO TRUE ! Spot on ! He said everything I wanted to hear at that time.. He said everything I wanted to say to the whole family members ! They should know how make relationships AND maintain them . THE MOST IMPORTANT thing !

The way this novel has explored different relations and the fragility of them in aristocratic familes is just FAB !!
anufawadfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have been reading such amazing things abt this novel.can anyone share with me the summary of it?
If i like it thn i will strt so plz can any1 tell me the summary.
-RisingAsh- thumbnail

Ash, you've started reading the book at the wrong time. I have my mid year exams in less than two weeks and I cannot get myself to study. I need to do additional maths aaj har haal mein :|

I know yaar.. Even for me its a wrong time ! But mujhe kia pata tha k boriat door karne k liye start kiya jaane waala novel main beech raaste nahi chor paungi.. Lol.. I should have started it in Jan after my exams.. Don't worry Zaya.. I will post here n you read them araam se baad mein when you get free time.. x)
-RisingAsh- thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Bakwas drama tha

Aleezay is in many dramas

Pata nahi kaise I managed to sit through the first episode πŸ˜†

Saare novel ka satyanaas kar diya un logon ne

Peer e Kamil, Amarbail ke ilawa I don't have any. I wish Nimra would get her Jannat Ke Pattay translated. I can never get over these three novels.. contemporary Urdu literature at its best.

I wish!!! I have that novel but I cant be bothered to read UrduπŸ˜†
Sakina Samo has a bimari of ruining good novels