Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhani_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
yup I won't make wait you long..
I am glad that I didn't scared you. .I get intense at time...u wouldn't believe its my first Urdu novel I read and I can't get it out of my head now...by far I was happy with my English literature but my perspective is much changed
BTW what you think about title of novel?
Edited by Dhani_ - 8 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dhani_

yup I won't make wait you long..
I am glad that I didn't scared you. .I get intense at time...u wouldn't believe its my first Urdu novel I read and I can't get it out of my head now...by far I was happy with my English literature but my perspective is much changed
BTW what you think about title of novel?

Well... I dont think abt the title much..bcoz even when i hadnt read the while novel.. I got to read an interview of umera where she told..why she chose the title? Se said its related to our bureaucratic system , where corruption is eating up our society just like amarbaill... She even said tht amtul, the editor of monthly digest in which it was being published, wanted to change the title..because theres an already a novel by the same name by bano qudsia..amtul wanted it to be renamed tanha chand..but umera insisted tht i will keep the name amarbail... Also, initially it had to be a short novel of 5 episodes..but then the same editor asked umera to convert it into a detailed long novel, and umera agreed...thankgod she suggested it and umera agreed... I cant imagine a shorter amarbail..where we wouldnt be able to read so much abt umar jehangir
Edited by farahs_6 - 8 years ago
Dhani_ thumbnail
oh thanks god she wrote it otherwise we would miss out of such masterpiece.
I thou think on its title. I have slightly different thought on it.
anyway do you wonders who killed umer?
I discussed it many but no one satisfied me with answer ...but I will never give up..I will find the killer
farahs_6 thumbnail
I have something interesting to share abt amarbail... I had read stories by umera ahmed, before amarbail and i really liked them...like lahasil, iman umeed aur mohabbat... I didnt read amarbail from the begining, when it was coming monthly in shuaa digest..when i satrted reading dogests..i think this novel had already started... also . I used to read tht digest but used to avoid episodic novels at tht time... There was also summary written of previous episodes, in every episodic novel... So i hadnt read it from the begining but whenever i really got bored and had nothing else to read, then going by umera's name ..i was like ok..let me start it..i read the summary of previous episodes..and started reading.. I still do it randomnly of some novels...when i am extremely bored... I started reading amarbail from like junaid's entry.. And whenever i got hold of older digests..i used to randomnly read its older epis... Would u believe..when i reqd engagement night scene..at tht time..i actually believed..umar's words tht he didnt love aleeza and only took her as a good friend..i didnt like the novel much at tht time.. I was like..its so slow and boring... Umeras other novels are usually so good ..what has she done with this one? But still i continued to read it because of umeras name... I read it till the end..just to know..who will aliza end up with? Lolll... And sec last epi..which ended with umar being shot scene...i wasntat all worried abt what is gonna happen with umar? Will he die or survive? I could care less ... And then in the last epi also... I didnt cry a bit..at all...just..felt little bad for aleeza
Then after a long time..when i went to urdu bazar to get some novel...iw as choosing amongst novels.. My mother said ...get amarbail... I was like no...its boring..plus i even know the end...but she insisted tht its a good novel.. I reluctantly agreed.. Still i didnt started to read this novel... Again..once iw as getting bored ...i was like..ok..let me start reading this novel... AND THEN...tht was it... Once i started reading it from the begining.. I got hooked to his novel, and from tht day..till... today..its my all time fav novel... I felt all emotions while reading the novel, at tht time.. I cried a lot during this novel, even though i already knew the end... Now its my so favorite tht i can talk on and on abt it and never get tired.. I look for poople who are willing to discuss it as keenly as myself...
farahs_6 thumbnail

oh thanks god she wrote it otherwise we would miss out of such masterpiece.
I thou think on its title. I have slightly different thought on it.
anyway do you wonders who killed umer?
I discussed it many but no one satisfied me with answer ...but I will never give up..I will find the killer

Hahaah..how could i not think abt it? Lol... I have thought abt it many times... But as u said.. No one can be sure.. Most safe bet is ...someone from justice niaz family? It could be tht army guy too...what u think?i think even if we ask umera..she will say..his deeds or something along these lines..she will give a philosphical answer .. Not exact
Dhani_ thumbnail
yes yes and I totally get your feel. on surface people might think go hell with story what's it just guy not loving girl who is crazy for her but. when its actually starts we understand it not simple love its love trying to bloom in the pond of hatren. how loving was so difficult to love each other forget loving even thinking about love. its love story doomed from its start. I cried first time since then whenever I read I cry. but its cry of sadness it's cry anger I let and I just couldn't understand on whom I am angry on. I just got connected to it
farahs_6 thumbnail

yes yes and I totally get your feel. on surface people might think go hell with story what's it just guy not loving girl who is crazy for her but. when its actually starts we understand it not simple love its love trying to bloom in the pond of hatren. how loving was so difficult to love each other forget loving even thinking about love. its love story doomed from its start. I cried first time since then whenever I read I cry. but its cry of sadness it's cry anger I let and I just couldn't understand on whom I am angry on. I just got connected to it

i think u feel abt this novel, the exact way as i do... I am sooo emotionally attached to this novel tht people might think i am stupid or i am so velli tht i have nothing better to do loll... But theres something abt it tht hooks me to this novel... The incomplete feeling tht u get after its finished, makes u think deep abt this novel, with so many unanswered questions..

Also With each of your post...u are making me more and more anxious to wait and read ur review abt characters and their relationships...ur posts are very thoughtful

aniashree thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Heyy guys...can anyone share the PDF file of this novel.. I used to read this in a magazine..then I lost track.. Really want to finish this.
Dhani_ thumbnail
I very fortunate to come across someone who share same passion for Amar bail as I do. it all is just play of heart and mind yaar. certain books just mess with both of them and make us something we are not. why didn't umer n aliza's love become successful? I ask myself. but then I rethinks about my definition of being call successful love. I laugh at myself each time taking it seriously after all its just book.
you know rumi says river cuts the mountains for it to meet sea. its neither sea's power nor mount's weakness. its just river's destiny..that's all I can say about this weird connect..
I will post thoughts soon...thou I doubt you people much more knowledgeable In that matter..
Edited by Dhani_ - 8 years ago
Dhani_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: aniashree

Heyy guys...can anyone share the PDF file of this novel.. I used to read this in a magazine..then I lost track.. Really want to finish this.

u want Urdu PDF I guess. just Google it i think its easy available.